Autumn Breeze

The beginning

I could still see it now,the old brick house outlined in freshly grown vines. An oak door shining in the Autumn sunlight. Beautiful leaves blockaded around the house like an army surrounding it's final catch. This building was absolutely beautiful on the outside, but what was on the inside? A family gathered around a dinner table with the most incredible feast? An old man who sits in his dingy, dirty lounge chair reading his outdated newspaper? I crept closer to the house and climbed up the crumbling, concrete stairs. I peak over to look at the driveway,there is no vehicle in sight, except for a rusty old bike. The closer my suspicious eyes crawled towards the mysterious house,i was becoming convinced that it was abandon. The door did not look as burnished,the beautiful oak faded to a brown like color, the freshly grown vines began to crinkle and turned pure brown. This house was no longer living. I was the type of person who adored abandon buildings. Either about to collapse or just in very poor condition. I did not hesitate to go closer to the house. I finally reached the door and gazed at the door knob. The only thing that really shined and gave off a reflection was the door knob. I could see my rosy,cold cheeks in the reflection of the door knob. I look down,take a deep breath and open the door. As soon as i walk in,the door behind me slams shut and i jump! I was convinced that it was just the wind that pushed the door closed so violently. This house was beautiful,an old chandelier dangled from the dusty ceiling,the ceiling was painted a appealing looking gold color and when you look straight,there was a immensely huge staircase that led to the upstairs. I was to tempted to go up those stairs,but this home was in such poor condition,i'd be scared if the stairs collapsed or even the whole second floor fell to the ground. I was going to risk it. I climbed every step,one by one till i got to the second floor. The second floor was empty,nothing in sight except for an old portrait of the Mona Lisa. It was dusty and absolutely filty,i had no interest in it at all. I walk down the hallway slowly,praying that nothing will cave in,and i come to a door. It was unordinary,it was a light colored door with a door handle,not a door knob,but a door handle and had a rusty key hole. I tugged on the door and it opened. If you looked inside,through this door,the only thing you would see is pure darkness. I was never a huge fan of the dark,thank goodness i brought my flashlight. I turn on my flash light and walk into the dark room. All i see is furniture covered in untouched bed sheets and photos hanging off of the walls. They looked like family portraits,dated back to the 1800's. Old photos always interested me,they always told a story. In the photos there was an older woman who looked about in her late sixties,early seventies,possibly dated back to the victorian times. She was wearing a maid like uniform with a small bonnet on her head. Her face had the smallest wrinkles and her hair looked stringy and old. I look to my left and there is a photo on a small side table next to me. There was a photo of an infant,,possibly dated back to the 1920's. Before i could really examine the photo the door i entered through slammed behind me and my flash light turned off. My body began to shake in fear and i stood there in complete terror,i froze,i was confused. All of a sudden i hear an old time record being played and the lights turned on. I looked around me to see what was going on. I darted towards the door and attempted to open it "open the door please! OPEN ALREADY!" the door just didn't listen to my command. "Please,oh please just open!" tears then began to stream down my cheeks. I felt a cold mist brushing against my skin,i turn around to see a figure staring at me,this wasn't a human. This figure was transparent,you could see its red beaming eyes. This figure had the most stern face i have ever seen. It spoke. "Get OUT of my house!" the door then flew open and i bolted out of the door and out of the house. This ghost like figure seemed to be very angry at me for trespassing,one ghost,one figure is not going to scare me away. It just made me even more curious.