Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

I'll Control Myself

That night she was helping the guys in her band get all their stuff together to leave and they noticed she was being uncharacteristically quiet.

“Uhh, what’s wrong?” Maxx asked.

“Nothing….” She mumbled staring off into space.

“Bullshit. Tell me.”

“Ok, look, if I say anything, you’ve got to keep your mouth shut. You got it?”

“Yeah, got it. Now whats up?”

“Shawn left to go to the store earlier. And me and Corey were alone.”

“Oh, did you guys get into it again?”

“Well, that's one way of putting it…..” she sighed. “I dyed his hair for him……..and ummm…..we sort of ended up having sex…..”

He shook his head, “Does Shawn know?”

“No, he got there right after….I don’t know what to do…..”

“Well, you better not let him find out. He’ll kill Corey.”

Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out and saw a new text from Corey.

Corey: baby, you were amazing. xo.

Addie: you too. xox.

Corey: you’re so beautiful. It felt so good to hold you again. xoxo.

Addie: we need to talk. meet me at my apartment tonight?

Corey: ill be there. what time?

Addie: in an hour.

Corey: see you in an hour, gorgeous.

She sighed upon reading that last text. She didn’t know what she was gonna do or what she was going to say to him. But they had to figure something out.

“I gotta go to the apartment.” She explained to her guitar player, Maxx.

“all right….see ya in the morning.”

When she got to her apartment, she decided to go ahead and go through her clothes and get out some stuff to wear on the road. She had a couple bags stuff full of clothes, make up, and hair supplies. A knocking at the door pulled her away from her activities. She answered the door and he his mouth turned up into a smile as soon as he saw her.

“Hey.”

“Come in.” She motioned for him to enter the door and he gladly obliged.

“What’s up?” he said looking around her cluttered apartment.

“Doing some packing. Trying to get ready for tomorrow.”

He nodded and began perusing through top layer of contents in her bag. “Ooh, this looks nice.” He said holding up the two piece bathing suit.

“Put it down.” She said smacking his hand down back into her bag with a grin.

“I think you should try it on….make sure it fits.”

“You’re terrible.” She said biting her lip

“You do the cutest shit.” He said snaking his arms around her pulling her in close to him. She hated when he was that close to her. Mostly because when he was, she couldn’t think straight and would do almost anything. The same could be said the other way around. He kissed her gently. “What’d you wanna talk about?”

“Us.”

He sat down on the bed, holding her hand, and looking up at her. “Us?”

“Yeah…….uhhh….Shawn can’t know what happened today…..I can’t hurt him like that…..”

He rubbed his face a little and said, “I understand...”

“This is so hard.” She said sitting down next to him. “I just don’t want to hurt him.”

“What about me?” he asked. “Do you know how it hard it is to watch him hold you and kiss you and be with you?”

“Please don’t get mad. I don’t want you to be upset either. I don’t know what else to do…”

“I’m not mad….I just…..i don’t know…….” He laid on his back desperately trying to think and she’d laid next to him. “What if we snuck around….” He said desperately.

“Could you really do that to your friend?”

“No,” he said truthfully. “I couldn’t.”

“We’ll just have to put everything aside I guess…for Shawn’s sake. Ya know?”

“Do you love him?”

“Of course I love him…”

“The way you love me?” he said making an outright assumption that took her completely by surprise. “Well?”

“I don’t know.” She huffed. “I love him enough to know that I don’t want him to be hurt.”

“I’m sorry…..I shouldn’t have asked that I guess.”

“It’s ok.” She half-smiled and placed her hand over his. “What time is it?”

“9:30.”

She jumped up and went to the kitchen jumping up on the counter and grabbing some stuff out of the cabinet that was over her sink. He watched curiously as she took out a small vial and a syringe.

“The fuck is all that?” he said jumping up and running to her as she drew the contents of the vial into her needle. She could see the wheels of assumption spinning in his head. Sighing, she handed him the small, glass bottle. “Insulin?”

She nodded, “I’m diabetic.”

“you never said anything about that…”

“I don’t usually. Not very many people know. Just the guys in the band, actually. They keep an eye on me while we’re on stage.”

“Shawn doesn’t know?”

Her head shook, “He doesn’t need to worry about that. Besides, I keep pretty good control of it.”

“How often do you have to take it?”

“Twice a day. You just happened to catch me when it was time for a shot.”

“You’re ok?”

“I promise.” She smiled reassuringly. “I haven’t had anything happen in a long time.”

“You should tell Shawn. what if something happens and-“ He started to say in a worried tone.

She cut him off, “I’ll be ok.”

“Ok.” He gave up. Then his big blues looked at her in a pleading sense, “So, If I promise to be good from now on, can I kiss you one more time?”

She glanced at him, “you know what happens when we kiss…”

He grinned, “I’ll control myself. Promise.” She crooked her finger signaling him to come closer. He did, and when his lips pressed against hers for what was their last lip lock, shivers went down his spine.