Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

How Do You Feel?

“Great. Does that mean I can stop eating this crap?” He moved the tray out from in front of her and tossed what was left of the food in the garbage. “So, I haven’t been told anything yet….and I’m kind of wondering…..what all’s wrong with me?”

“You just got beat up pretty good. Hit your head.” He explained. “They had to go in and fix some stuff on your leg, too.”

“My leg?”

He nodded, “The dash came down on your knee and busted it up pretty good. They had to put it back in place and stuff.”

“Can we come in?” Shawn asked suddenly poking his head in the doorway.

Corey glanced at her a second. “Yeah,” she said looking at him. “It’s ok.”

“I brought some food.” He smiled sweetly at her as he handed Corey the brown paper fast food bags. He lifted her hair to see the bruises and cuts on her forehead. “How do you feel?”

“Like I was in a car wreck…” she said trying to make a joke. At least Paul laughed.

Shawn’s eyes glazed over, “That’s not funny.”

“I’m ok.” She said touching his hand.

“How’s your blood sugar and stuff? Have you checked it?”

“The nurse’s have been checking me every other hour.”

He looked around at the other 8 men in the room, “Can we have a minute?” They all nodded and filed out into the hallway.

“You sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah……I mean…..I feel like hell but….i’m here.”

He pulled a chair up and sat down. “Babydoll, I’m sorry. I let my temper get completely out of control. I was an asshole.”

“I kind of deserved it…”

“No, you didn’t………..when Corey called me and told me that you were hurt in an accident…..all I could think of was everything I said to you. I felt like shit. I started thinking that if something happened you……ya know…..the last thing we said to each other was not how I wanted to remember us.”

“I’m sorry for what I said, too.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you’re ok.”

“Could I have a hug?”

“I don’t know….” She looked at him funny. “I don’t wanna….like….break you.”

“You won’t.” He gave her the most careful hug he could manage.

He sighed, “I don’t know what to do about us.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know if we should stay together or what. I don’t know if I can. I mean…the fact still remains that you cheated on me…..I still love you but….i just don’t think that I could get past it.”

She laughed awkwardly, “Here I was so worried about hurting you….and you’re the one dumping me.” She winced suddenly.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m ok…..my head just hurts.”

“You sure?”

“I’m sure.”

Corey knocked on the door lightly, “Hey man, the doctor wants to come in.”

Shawn nodded and got up. “I’m gonna go ahead and go. I’ll see you later. I’ll call before you go to sleep, ok?” He smiled at her a minute. God, was he happy that she was ok.