Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

Closing Time

Just before their set was finished, they got up and walked backstage casually to wait to meet and talk to the band. They watched as one by one the male members of the band came to their dressing room. They greeted and talked to all of them for a few minutes. This mysterious girl still hadn’t come in yet.

“Where you think she is?”

“Probably grabbing a beer….and trying to get our money from the asshole promoter.” Arrick explained.

Just after he’d finished that phrase, she appeared with a beer in one hand and a wad of cash in the other. Corey laughed. Apparantly, she got her way.

“Hi.” She said sweetly with a smile.

“I’m Corey.” He blurted out with a grin.

Shawn rolled his eyes at his idiot friend , “I’m Shawn.”

“I’m Addie.” She said extending her hand to the both of them. “It’s really cool to meet both of you.”

“You guys sounded fucking amazing.” Corey complimented.

“Thanks,” She blushed. “Jackee pointed out that you guys were here….I got a little nervous.”

Corey pulled another cigarette out of his pocket and Jackee pointed up at the signs that hung around the room, “No smoking back here….”

“I need one too.” She said motioning to Corey. “You wanna go outside?”

“Uhh, yeah, sure.” He followed her out, inconspicuously getting a better look at her now that he was close up and all. She pulled a pack out of her back pocket and lit the end of her marlboro.

“You shouldn’t smoke.” He said.

She laughed, “You’re one to talk. Chain smoker.”

“I’m not a chain smoker…” he chuckled.

“I saw how many cigarettes you smoked while we were playing.” She grinned.

“That’s cause you were so good.” Her cheeks reddened. “So, is your name short?”

“Huh?” She said looking very confused.

He busted out laughing. “Your name? Addie. What’s it short for?”

“Oh,” she laughed, “It’s short for Adelaide.”

“I like it. It suits you.”

“Really? How so?”

“Hey!” Shawn’s voice boomed as he came out the door and startled them a little bit. “So, I went ahead and called Matt at Roadrunner about you guys. And I talked to the band…..you guys wanna to come to the studio tomorrow? We’ve been working our new album and I’d like to do some stuff with you guys too.”

“That’d be great. Yeah. We’ll be there.” She beamed. “What time?”

“Like 10?”

“You got it.” She squealed and jumping up to hug him. Corey felt a tiny twinge of jealousy but when she turned to hug him too he felt a little better.

“Awesome.” Shawn winked. “Big Mouth, you ready?”

Corey’s eyes rolled and he began huffing like a little kid again. “I’ll get a cab or something….you go ahead.”

“Whatever….I’ll see you tomorrow, I guess. Bye.”

“What was that about?” she said stamping her cigarette out on the bottom of her shoe.

“His driving is fucking terrible.” He said seriously. “Also, I’m not ready to go home yet…”

“So, Big Mouth?”

“Nickname.” He answered. “The great big mouth.”

“Well, I have no idea why they’d call you that.” She grinned.

“Could I get you a drink?” he asked has he finally finished his smoke. “Like buy you one?”

“Yeah, sure. Not gonna kill me, right?” They went back inside and as they passed by her band. They quickly explained how they were going to meet with Shawn at the studio the next morning then continued to the bar and Corey signaled to the bartender for a couple drinks. They talked for a couple of hours about their bands, music, pretty much everything. He must have told her a hundred times how awesome they are and how he thought they really had something and were going to hit it big.

“You need a new nickname…” She said sipping her beer. She’d lost count of how many of those she’d had.

“Yeah? What’s it gonna be?” he slurred a little. His long wavy hair was all in his face.

“Get your damn hair out of your face so I can see you.” She said helping him move the red and purple locks out of his eyes. “Faith.”

“Whaaaa?”

“That’s what I’m gonna call you.” Her eyes twinkled.

“I like it.” The corners of his lips rose happily.

“You guys need to leave.” The guy behind the bar told them. “Closing time.”

She moved to get off the stool and got a bit light headed. He grabbed her arm to steady her a little. “I’ll call us a cab.”