Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

You're Worth It

She was confused for a minute when she woke up in a place other than the bedroom she’d been staying in but when she felt his warm breath above her she remembered falling asleep on the couch with him the night before. He was still asleep and she could feel his chest rising and falling beneath her.

“Corey.” She said nudging him a little bit. She almost hated to wake him up because he looked so peaceful, but it was already almost 9:30. “Faith, wake up.” She nudged him some more and his eyes started to open a little.

“Hey.” He said with a sleepy smile on his face.

“Good morning.”

“It is.” He nodded. “Let’s not get up.”

“I’d love to but I can’t.”

“why not?” he moped.

“I gotta go to therapy….in like 20 minutes.”

“Oh, I forgot.” He helped her sit up on the couch and watched as she used her crutches to go to her room. He got up to grab some quick breakfast for them from the kitchen and he heard a car pull in. Shawn was there to pick her up and was even a few minutes early. Corey went ahead and opened the front door to save the aggravation of listening to the doorbell ring.

“What’s up?” Clown asked as he shut the door behind him. At least he didn’t seem to be in a pissy mood. Or not yet, anyway.

“Just woke up. She’s getting ready.”

She emerged out the bedroom and was still wearing the baggy Slipknot sweatpants from the night before since they were all that really fit. Shawn’s eyes narrowed. He knew those pants belonged to his bandmate. But holy fuck, even with the big ass brace on her knee, he still thought she looked pretty hot.

“Hey. You ready?”

“I guess. I just want to get it over with.”

“We better head out.”

She nodded, “All right. Be back in a little while, Cor.”

“Ok….be careful.”

“We will.” She smiled.

He kept his eyes forward and looking out the window ahead of him. He swallowed the lump in his throat and finally spoke, “Sorry if I made you feel like I was mad at you last night….”

“It’s ok. Don’t worry about it.”

“You did really good at therapy…” he said making an attempt at a compliment.

“I just be glad when I can move to a smaller brace. This one is ridiculous.”

“Shouldn’t be long. Maybe a couple weeks?”

“I hope so.” She was about to say something else when her phone began to vibrate.

Corey: I can’t wait for tonight.

Addie: Me either (:

Corey: You’re going to love this.

Addie: what exactly am I going to love?

Corey: can’t tell you. It’s a surprise. Xoxo. See ya.

“Whats up?”

“Oh, it was Corey.”

“Oh, hey you wanna go to the mall?” Shawn asked suddenly. “We haven’t gotten to do that in forever.”

She laughed, “Ok, sure.”

“Hey…and you can totally use one of those motorized carts.” He joked.

“Gee thanks.”

They walked into a entertainment store and milled around for a while looking at t-shirts and dvds. She picked up a vintage looking Star Wars t-shirt. It made her think of Corey so she decided to buy it for him.

“Didn’t know you liked Star Wars…” he said from behind her.

“Oh yeah…I’m gonna go ahead and check out. You ready?”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

“You mind if we go by the apartment? I need to check on stuff.”

“Yeah, no problem.” He smiled and put a hand on the back of her neck.

Back in his car, she thought it would be good a time as any to talk to him about everything. Little did she know, he was kind of thinking along the same lines.

“Shawn, we gotta talk….”

“Yeah, we do.”

“We do?”

“Yeah….I need to know what’s going on with you and Corey….”

“We’re going out tonight….”

He thought about that for a minute. “What about us?”

“I don’t think there’s been an ‘us’ for a little while….”

“We went through some shit, yeah. But I’ve always loved you. I still do.”

She shook her head, “everything’s just so different…..you know….we may not be together anymore….i know you want us to be….but……we can’t. And this whole awkwardness with you and Corey has got to stop.”

“There’s nothing between me and Corey.”

“You’re lying. I know you called him after you left last night. And I know what you said. And if you think Jim and Paul and the guys haven’t told me about all the tension, you’re crazy. You two are friends and I am not going to let you two throw that away over me, of all things.”

“You’re worth it to me.”

“No, this band is more important. You guys need to talk and fix things.” He wouldn’t answer her. “Promise me that you guys will fix all this?”

He pulled to a stop in front of her apartment building and turned the car off. “I’ll talk to him. You can do whatever you want. Just don’t come running to me to pick up the pieces when something goes wrong because it’s only a matter of time.”