Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

I'm Sorry

She’d gotten back from her physical therapy two crutches lighter and with a new, thinner, leg brace. She’d grown so excited about visiting the guys that she decided she start packing right away. She grabbed some clothes, which she could finally wear now that she didn’t have that mammoth of a leg/brace boot combo, and stuffed them into her bag. Then, she remembered she’d need her passport, so dug that out as well. Her phone rang suddenly, and since she’d forgotten that she had the volume turned up all the way, it scared the living hell out of her. She bet that it was Corey texting her, but she was wrong.

Shawn: So, I heard Corey say you were coming here.

Addie: Yeah, packing now actually.

Shawn: You sure that’s a good decision?

Addie: Yes.

Shawn: I didn’t mean that how it came out. Just meant with your leg and all..

Addie: My leg’s fine.

Shawn: Corey misses you.

Shawn: So do I…

‘Here it goes…’ she thought. She wasn’t going to reply but her phone kept buzzing.

Shawn: Can we talk or something when you come?

Addie: I don’t know.

Shawn: Please? I’ve got a lot on my mind.

Addie: We’ll see.

Shawn: Fair enough.

‘Jesus, fucking Christ.’ She sighed and rubbed her forehead. She wasn’t even on a plane yet and Shawn was already starting with her. Maybe they’d be able to talk without him getting pissed off but she wasn’t going to hold her breath. She figured that it’d be a good idea to run this all by Corey when he called later.

“Hey beautiful!” Corey exclaimed as soon as he saw her. “Where are your crutches? You got a different brace on….”

She chortled, “I wanted to surprise you. No more crutches. And I can kind of sort halfway walk.”

He let his arms wrap around her waist. “I still can’t believe you came all the way here to see me.”

“Don’t go getting a big head.” She teased as he kissed her neck.

“Oh,” Shawn said when he unintentionally barged in on them. “Sorry.”

Corey groaned, “It’s ok…”

“Hey Shawn.” She smiled.

“Hi.” He said with a quick wave as he walked past them and back out of the room. “So, has he been that awkward the whole time you guys have been gone?”

“Pretty much. I try not to bring you up around him and be civil….he pushes my buttons.”

She nodded, “I’ve been getting the play-by-play from Jim and Paul via text.”

“you still gonna try and talk to him?”

“I guess. I’m gonna go ahead and see if I can catch him.” She pecked his cheek and hobbled out the door. Shawn was at the opposite end of hall talking with Chris when she approached. “Hey guys.”

“Hey! How’s the knee?” Chris asked with a smile.

“Getting better. Thanks.” She winked. “Shawn, is now a good time for us talk?”

“Uhm, I’ve actually got a couple interviews to go do….How about in a couple hours?”

“Sounds good. Just don’t forget about me.”

“I won’t.” Like he could ever forget her.

“Cool. I’m starving…I’m gonna go see if Cor wants to get some food.”

She went back to the dressing room and curled up next to him on the sofa. “Baby.”

“Hmm?” he smiled.

“I’m hungry.”

“Yeah, me too.” he said and she pouted. He laughed, “I guess I should find us some food huh?”

“Yep.” She nodded.

“You find Shawn earlier?”

“Yeah we’re going to talk later.”

“C’mon. let’s go get this food.”

“Ready?” Shawn poked his head in the door and asked. She nodded and balled her food wrappers up and tossed them in garbage.

“Be back.” She said giving Corey a quick hug before following Shawn out.

“Get your food?”

“Mmmhmm.” She smiled. “so, how are things going?”

“Pretty good.”

“I know things have been kind of shakey between you and Corey….”

“Why do you say that?”

“The other guys told me. Corey’s trying really hard to get along with you ya know.”

“I’ve been trying to back off of him.” He confessed. “He said something to me. That made me think.”

“Oh?”

“Something to the effect of: You’re a selfish, stubborn asshole. And he’s right.”

“You’re not an asshole….”

“I’ve been treating you like shit ever since that night in the hotel. And I’m sorry. But I still love you…and that’s probably not going to change.”

“Shawn…”

“I know you don’t love me anymore and you’re with Corey…..but I’m always going to have those feelings for you.” She was silent. “I don’t expect you to say anything.”

“I just want us to able to be good friends again. If it weren’t for you, my band would still kind of be going nowhere. I owe you a lot.”

“Just make sure you keep Corey’s ass in line.” He smiled.