Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

This Is Cool

Everyone had left and the two of them sat there for a second in somewhat of an awkward silence.

“So……Adelaide?”

“How’d you know?” she said with a bewildered smile.

“Corey told me.” He admitted. “That’s a very cool name.”

“Thanks. What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Well, I noticed you put an ‘M.’ in front of your name….What’s it stand for?”

“You have to guess.” He challenged her.

She looked him dead in his eyes for a few seconds, “Michael?”

“Good guess.” He appeared amused. “Ya know…it’s almost not fair?”

“What?” she said looking up from the notebook she was scribbling in.

“You know my middle name……and I don’t know yours.”

She shook her head and rolled her eyes, “You don’t wanna know.”

“Come on….” He complained. He heard her mumble something that was incoherent. “What was that?”

“Skye.” She said louder and looking up to meet his gaze.

“I like it.” He told her. “What are ya doing?”

“Just writing some stuff.”

“Can I see?”

“Yeah, here.” She handed him her notebook and he read through it quickly but intently. “This is really good. You wanna maybe try and record some of this stuff?

“Let’s do it.”

They started messing around with all the instruments, vocals, and recording. They got on a roll and before they knew any better it was 2 in the morning. They both yawned. He looked at her and her eyes kept fluttering open and shut as she sat on the leather sofa.

“I need to go….” She said yawning again.

He shook his head, “Just stay here. You’re too sleepy to drive anywhere.” He said taking a sleepy, deep breath. “I think there’s one of my big jackets in that closet over there if you wanna use it for a blanket...”

She nodded and got up to retrieve the jacket he’d told her about. “Thanks.” She said holding it up to show him.

“You can have the sofa…” he told her as he cleared part of the desk off and propped his legs on it.

“What about you?”

“I’ll be fine right here.”

“No, your back and neck are gonna be sore as shit if you sleep like that. I think this sofa folds out.”

“No, it doesn’t. “

“I really think it does if you do…..this.” she said yanking on it. He watched in astonishment as the couch did indeed unfold into a makeshift bed. “Come on. I think we can both fit on here.”

“I really wish I would’ve known that couch did that a lot sooner.” He laughed sleepily. He laid down on the now folded out leather sofa and watched as she stretched her arms. She positioned herself on the sofa next to him and rested her head on the arm rest. He grabbed the big sweatshirt of his she’d gotten out of the closet and draped over her. He smiled to himself as she settled into the sofa and fell asleep right away. ‘This is pretty rad….’ He thought to himself then let sleep’s grip take hold of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwh. a little shawn/addie sleepy time.