Status: Completed (:

I'll Do Anything to Have Her to Myself

Make Me

She had just got of the shower and was throwing her clothes on when her phone started ringing. ‘It’s probably, Faith.’ She smiled and picked up. To her surprise, the name on the caller i.d. was not Corey’s but Shawn’s.

“Hello?”

“Addie?”

“Yeah, Shawn, what’s up? “

“I was just gonna see if you and the band were free tomorrow…the guys from Roadrunner wanted to come by. I went ahead and emailed them some of the stuff we did yesterday and they loved it. I think you guys are fucking in.”

“Oh my god. Shawn, that’s awesome. Thank you so much.”

She heard him chuckle on the other end of the phone, “You’re welcome but it was all you guys not me. You’re awesome and deserve to have everything.”

“You’re sweet.” She said still giddy.

“That’s a word I don’t hear too often to describe me.” He teased. “I guess I’ll let you go and get some sleep. I just wanted to tell you that…….I was too excited to wait until tomorrow.”

“Thanks again.” She told him. “I really appreciate everything.”

“No problem. Sweet dreams, girl.”

“Night.” She said before hanging up her phone to finished getting dressed so she could meet back up with Corey.

He’d been sitting in his living room anxiously waiting for a pair of headlights to pull in the driveway. When hers finally shone brightly through the window, he jumped up. He could hear her stereo blasting all the way inside and he laughed. She hadn’t even had time to knock before he’d slung his front door open.

“About time.” He quipped.

“The label’s coming tomorrow!” She shouted before jumping up in his arms excitedly to hug him. “Shawn thinks they’re going to sign us.”

He hugged her back, “I know. I was there. He already told you?”

“He called right before I left to come over here.” She explained. “You knew?”

“Yeah, damn, I was hoping I’d get to tell you. Guess he beat me to it.” He set her down and was finally able to calm her enough to get her inside and shut the door.

“I can’t believe it.” She said beaming.

“I can. Do you want anything to drink?”

“Uhh, water, I guess.”

He nodded and went the kitchen to fix her a glass. She followed him and perched herself on the counter of the island. He approached her with the glass of water in his hand. “Here ya go.”

“Thanks.”

“It wasn’t that hard.” He smiled. “I just poured water into a glass.”

She chuckled, “Not for that. I mean….for all this you guys have been doing for us. I mean I know we’ve only known each other for a few days but I just feel like we’re all pretty tight and stuff already.” She looked at him a minute as he stood next to her. His hair was pulled back and his Nightmare Before Christmas knit cap was pulled down over his head. “Come here.” He inched closer to her and she reached for his ponytail and pulled the hair tie out let the long, wavy locks fall onto his shoulders.

“Hey.” He said defensively. “whatd you do that for?”

“Because you’re hair is fucking awesome and you always have it pulled back.” She said fixing it so that the waves framed his face evenly on both sides. “There.” He just looked at her. She was one to talk about someone having awesome hair. Her hair was the epitome of gorgeous. Long, wavy, and light blonde. It matched her bright green eyes perfectly. God, those eyes. He was pretty sure that she could see inside his very soul with those piercing green eyes of hers.

“Uhhhhh.” He stuttered nervously. “You wanna play pool?”

She made a funny face which he loved. “I don’t know how…”

“C’mon, I’ll teach you.” He said offering his hand to help her off the countertop and took her to his game room where the pool table resided. He handed her a pool cue and racked the balls up.

“Uhh, do I need to put this chalk stuff on my stick?” He busted out laughing. “You’re such a perv.”

He continued laughing, “You said it not me….but yes…you should definitely put some chalk on your stick.”

He finished getting everything set up and asked, “All right…you wanna break?”

“uhhhhhh……..i can try to…” she answered and tried to position herself in what she thought the accurate stance would be. She tried with all her might to smack the balls but only a couple of them even moved. He stood their biting his lip to keep from chuckling. “God. I suck.”

“No, you don’t. Come here. I’ll show you how.” He moved to stand behind her and positioned her stance. Placing his hands over hers, he showed how to hold the cuestick. “All right. You don’t want a tight grip on it. It needs to be able to slide real easy.” She giggled. “Ok, perv.” He teased. “Now, line up your shot, and then….” He helped her slide the cue forward forcefully breaking the balls instantly and one of them even rolled into . “Just like that. You got a solid in. So, you’ll be solids.”

“Do I go again?”

“Yeah, do it by yourself this time.”

She picked a ball that seemed to be near a pocket and got her shot ready. He watched her as the end of stick hit the cue ball with a thud and sent the ball she was aiming at rolling into the nearby pocket.

“Ahh! I did it!” she shrieked. She lined up another shot that wasn’t successful like the other one and frowned at the results.

“It’s ok. You’ll get the next one.” He encouraged her as he walked by placing his hand on the small of her back. “My turn now.” Right as he took his shot she reached up and snatch the beanie off his head. “The fuck?” he said quickly grabbing for the top of his head. “Give it back.”

“Make me.” She challenged him from the other side of the pool table. He cut his eyes at her and his lips turned up in an almost wicked grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 hope you guys are diggin this...