Status: Unfinished(on hold)

Louder Than Thunder

Well, that's never Happened

Walking through the home with his arm around my back made my housemates look at me weird, as if I was an alien from outer space. Of course most people in here thought I was an alien from outer space, I only had 1 friend all the years I had been here and she was adopted last year.

"It's this one Riley." He said. I must have been day dreaming. Inside his 'Office' was a couch, and a really big fluffy chair. No desk. Nothing to make it seem like an office it seemed like a living room.There even was a t.v hanging on the wall.

"Wow, This is... Wow" I said.

"Yeah I know. It's supposed to make my patients comfortable, so that they don't feel so weird sharing."

"Sharing? You mean poring our soul's out to a total stranger." my voice heavy with sarcasm.

"Would it help if I wasn't a stranger?" The affection clear in his voice shows that he really does care and this isn't just a job to him. It made me like him even more.

"I don't know. I've never 'Shared' with anyone"

"Maybe it's time you start. Have a seat Riley." I took a seat on the couch sitting angled towards his chair, my back to the arm of the couch and my legs on the couch. He shut the door, and I'm not sure but I think he locked it. Weird. I thought.

"How do you believe I'll do that?"

"With my help, of course. I'm gonna take you through some relaxation techniques. Follow my lead." As he said that he sat on the couch beside me. "Sit here by my feet." I got up and sat on the floor with one of his legs on each side of me. I leaned my back against the couch behind me, I felt his hands move my hair off of my neck and I got a chill up my spine.

"Now, Concentrate on your breathing. In through your nose out through your mouth. and count 1, 2 with each breath."

"Okay I'll try." In through my nose, out through my mouth. 1 2 1 2 1 2

"How do you feel now?"

"Honestly?.. Stupid. How is breathing going to make me talk?"

"Well, it will clear your head and calm you which if you're scared or nervous it will take it away." I felt his finger trace shapes on my neck. It sent chills through my body with every touch. "Tell me what you feel on your neck."

This is weird. He drew a circle. "Circle." He drew a square. "Square."

"Very good. I'm going to write letters now."

He drew an H. "H." He drew a B. "B." and then he wrote You're beautiful.

"Ummm, Jared... You understand I'm 11 right?" I said turning around to face him.

"You're still beautiful Riley. I wasn't being romantic I was just stating a fact. Your eyes especially amaze me, I've never seen anyone with violet eyes, like yours." He was truly in awe about my eyes. They were different from others, They weren't always that way I guess something changed when I was 8.

"I- I have to leave. I- I'm sorry Doc. Another time." I stuttered getting up and quickly leaving the room. "Riley! Wait!" He called after me. I looked at him with apologies in my eyes.