Status: Unfinished(on hold)

Louder Than Thunder

Painting the tree's

It had been 4 days since the session with Jared, and everyday i went through without seeing him felt like years. For the first time in years I had nothing to write in my journal. So instead of writing, I went to my closet and grabbed all my painting things and went around back of the home. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday so I could paint anything.

I set up my canvas on the patio and started mixing paints. There was only 6 other kids here and they all went fishing with the home owner, He did with them a lot. He offers to take me but I'd rather be alone then on a boat with 6 others who hate me. I grabbed a paint brush and began light strokes that seemed to be the tops of trees.

Sitting slightly on the edge of a chair in a tank top and baggy shorts. My painting clothes, they had paint all over them, I always thought they were kinda cool. I had head phones on listening to my Ipod, Chopin was playing, my favorite. The first barely detailed layer of paint was done now I had to let it dry a bit.I stood up and walked to my favorite climbing tree and began to climb to my favorite spot and then I just sat and watched the birds and bugs. I guess I dozed off.

----

"Riley! Wake up!" I felt a shaking on my foot. "Riley.. Wake up." I felt the tree move beneath me and then warmth next to me. "Riley, Wake up." I opened my eyes to see Jared's nose almost touching mine. I jumped almost fell off the branch.

"What the hell Jared!"

"I'm sorry Riley but I saw you in the tree and I got scared I thought it was something bad."
"No I'm fine just must of fell asleep, I was waiting for my paint to dry. What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize, you know about the other day. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. It's something i do with all my patients. I didn't know your history before we had the session. After you ran off I read your file. I'm sorry for all that you've been through."

"Oh please, Jared, You don't even know what happened. it's sure as shit not what's in that file. oh, I'm sorry pardon my language"

"No Riley it's okay to talk to me however you feel comfortable with."

"But I'm a little girl isn't it bad?"

"Not to me you aren't. You may have only been alive for 11 years but you've been through enough to last a lifetime. Mentally you are much older. and that's all age is, a state of mind."
"Jared... You're doing it again."

"Fuck! I'm sorry!...." -- "It's just that I don't know how to act around you. Not with the way you make me feel."

"Jared.. Please."

"I'm sorry I'll go now." He jumped down from the tree. Before I could stop myself I was chasing after him. "Jared! Wait. Don't go."

"Why?"

"Because i don't want you to. I feel the same. I don't know how to act around you, you're so different than others. You actually listen to me and care."

"Why wouldn't I? It is my j--"

"No! Jared it's not just a job with me I can feel it and don't try to act like I'm wrong!" Tears started to run down my face, why was I crying? Who was he to me? What did it matter if he walked away, everyone else did why not him too?

"Riley Can we go inside?"

"Yeah we can." I grabbed my stuff and stored it in my room then followed him to his 'Office'