Status: Unfinished(on hold)

Louder Than Thunder

His Heart Plays a Melody

Once we were behind closed doors things felt different, oddly peaceful.

"You said the file had it wrong, Why not tell me what really happened?" Jared said looking at me with the most amazed look in his eyes, I knew he had feelings for me. I knew I had feelings for him, But how on earth do you just come out and talk about things that you were never supposed to talk about. Things that once your life depended on them being kept secret.

"I-- Jar-- It wa-- FUCK!" was all that came out.

"Riley, Riley sh sh take a deep breath and calm your mind." He said sitting down next to me.
I felt warm liquid spill over my face. I felt his arm go around me and soon I was being pulled to him. My face then was buried in his chest, I could feel the rise and fall of his breathing, I could feel his hand rubbing the back of my head, I could hear the soft flutter of his heart, I focused on that and that alone. It began to make a tune, a melody, just the sound of his heart beating beneath me. In my ear I heard him whisper, or thought I did, "I'll never let anything hurt you again, Riley, Trust that. You're safe with me." Then I swore I felt his lips touch my hair. I fell into a daze maybe I fell asleep, I don't remember. I dreamed of him, And the melody his heart played.

--

I woke up several hours later in my bed. A small piece of paper was set on the pillow beside me. It read:

Riley,
You fell asleep in my arms, It felt good. I got scared so I carried you to your bed. When you wake come to my room, room 29. I don't care what time it is just don't get caught.
- Jared


With that I slipped out of bed silently, feeling grateful I had my own room. I glanced at the clock on the way out. It read 2:30am. I grabbed my robe by the door and wrapped myself in it, then slowly walked down the hall.

I reached room 29 on the first floor without being heard. I lightly tapped on the door and whispered "Jared! Its Riley open up." after a few minutes I tapped on the door again and heard a slight whisper "Its open." I slowly turned the knob and stepped inside.