Status: Unfinished(on hold)

Louder Than Thunder

The Worst Memory Ever

The room was nearly as dark as the rest of the building, except for the slight light eluding from the television, which was muted. I closed the door quietly behind me as I stepped farther into the room, the room of just him and I. In the dark. He was lying on the couch and looked to be quite comfortable. His eye's didn't stray from the folder in his hands, which he was reading intently. Each file in this home was nearly the size of a book. Mainly because all of the children here had quite traumatic stories as to what brought them here, Although I think mine was the biggest.

"This is like a story from a horror movie, Riley, Your life is so intriguing, but at the same time it pains me to see such a young person have gone through all of this. You said this file has it wrong, I wanna know the truth. Can I?"

I sighed, I hated talking about it but somehow with him I felt... safe.

"Well, where should I start?"

"Well, at the beginning, I'd say."

"Okay, I was born September 17, 1998 around midnight, It was rainy and my mother was in labor for 19 hours."

"You remember your birth?!"

"Um, Yeah..."

"That's incredible, Riley"

"I guess, anyways I was 7lbs exactly and healthy as can be, I only had to stay 2 nights before I went home for the first time. My mom stayed in the nursery with me as much as they'd allow, She always told me how much she loved me, and how she'd never let anything hurt me.." Tears began to fall from my eyes, I could feel the storm beginning inside of me, But I continued. "My Father wasn't there, He left 5 months before I was born, so my mother told me. I remember everything from the day I was born, I grew so fast, and at a normal rate until I was about one year old, I was talking like it was as natural as breathing, I had almost a full set of teeth by the time I was 14 months. The doctors thought I was just developing fast, Obviously I did, I mean I'm 11 with almost D cup breasts, and already menstruating. Nothing really happened until I was about four years old, My mom brought home a man that night, I told mom he was a bad man.. I told mom he was gonna hurt us... I tried to stop it.." Now I was full out crying with snot coming from my nose and waterfalls from my eyes.

"Riley, Riley, Hun it's okay, you don't have to go on if you can't." He Came and sat next to me and reached his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him just as he had that afternoon. He pulled out a tissue and handed it to for my nose and took another and began to wipe away my tears. They wouldn't stop, It was pouring from my eye's like someone flooded the city. I looked up into his blue eye's, which seemed more blue now than ever, as he wiped away another drop we caught eye's and what happened next was involuntary but it changed everything between us.