Sequel: Addiction
Status: I have writer's block on the other stories </3

Wild Girl

Cancer?

It was dark when I woke up. I was also really cold and dehydrated. I heard soft beeps and voices. Kells was sleeping in a chair next to me. He stirred. It was obvious he hadn't slept.

"Dakota," he jumped up was by my side.

"Am I okay?" his cheeks were tinted red, along with his eyes.

He kissed me. It shocked me. He wasn't being aggressive. It was more. It was pained.

"Kells... Don't hide anything from me," his eyes were getting glossy.

"They think you have leukemia," he sniffled.

I felt the blood rush from my face. I cupped his face.

"Don't cry. Just don't," I kissed him.

"Please don't go," he laid his head on my chest.

I pulled his face to meet mine.

"Shut up. Don't you think that shit. I will fucking murder you," I kissed his forehead.

"I will never have sex with any other girl if you die," I looked over and stared at the nurse.

"You idiot," I smacked his shoulder.

"What?" the nurse coughed.

I giggled.

"She's awake and seemingly happy. That's really good," she took my vitals.

I smiled. She winked and walked out of my room. I felt Kells' wrap his arms around me. He was shaking. He smelled like he hadn't showered in days.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"About a whole day," he shrugged and kissed my stomach.

I slumped my shoulders. He gripped my gown.

"Dakota... You have no clue what happened. You passed out in the car. I brought you into the hospital. They thought you overdosed and blamed me. I told them it was your nineteenth. We had a falling out and you drank a lot. They tested you for random shit and said you were anemic and asked if I could search you for bruises. They didn't find any, but they couldn't place your nose bleed. I made the comment of saying you had been off heroin for about a month. They stared at me like I caused it. I said I saved her," I kissed him.

I smiled at him.

"I love you," I kissed his forehead.

He smiled.

"I'll be right back," he gave me a quick kiss and walked out to the nurse's station.

A nurse followed him back.

"He's convinced he can get you to walk around with him," I giggled.

"Of course he is," I tried to sit up.

It felt weird. My back was stiff. I felt him grab my legs.

"I'm being nice," I held my hands out to him.

"Take my hands," he did.

I swung my legs off the side of the bed. He held them tightly. I slid off. He watched me. I felt the cold floor under my feet. He wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me up.

"Got it?" the nurse had my back.

"Maybe," I pulled away and took a single step.

I stumbled, but managed to stay on my feet. He still had my hand. He smiled.

"You're nice when I'm sick," I coughed.

"Touche'," he handed me his water.

"Thanks," I felt the cool liquid pour down my throat.

He kept his arm around me as we walked around the ICU.

"I haven't been home," he looked at me.

"Why?" I stared up at him.

"I don't know what home is because I'm lost with you," I kissed him.

"Alright Big Shot," I smiled.

"I miss you. Like... You'd get all twitchy and I'd get up and attempt to cool you down. I've been such a good kid. Your brother came up and saw you. He was ready to kill me, until I got up and requested more ice," he sat down on the bench.

"You babied me?" he nodded.

"I wanted you to be okay. I wanted you to be healthy and fine. I just..." he looked away.

"You have yet to tell me your real name," I laid my head on his shoulders.

"Colson Baker," he smiled.

"Really?" I giggled.

"Yeah."

"I've always thought Hunter Colson would be a cute name," I laid my hands on my stomach.

"I've got a daughter that I barely see. Her name's Casie. She's half black," I blushed.

"I've always wanted kids. Why I don't know, but I do know... I think I'd make good mom," he smiled at me.

"You treat everyone like they were your own family. Yeah, you'd make a good mom. You put up with me all the time," I saw pain flash across his face.

"I do put up with your hyper ass all the time. Except when I run off and pout. I like living with you when you're not being a man whore and a devious kid," he laughed.

"You love me and you damn well know it," he kissed me.

"Sadly I do. Now get me a cookie! My fat ass is hungry," I got up and walked to the nurse's station.

"Aye! Am I allowed solid foods?" I gave them the puppy eyes.

"Of course! Here's meal vouchers," they handed me two of them.

"Food!" I smiled.

He smiled and took my hands. I knew we were okay. I knew no matter who he was with, he wouldn't put it in my face. He knew better now that his bruise was more visible.