Love Like a Tidal Wave

I need you to do me a favor


"Have a nice first day of school." The lady, who worked the attendance, said to Carolina with a warm smile. Carolina smiled back and left the office. As she walked down the hall way, her phone started vibrating and she quickly picked it up when she saw her little brother’s name flash on the screen.

"Ceasar, aren't you supposed to be in class already?"

"The teacher is chill and I just wanted to check up on my sister's first day of school."

She smiled, "Thanks for your concern, I barley arrived and now I'm finding my classes. It's an outdoor school so it's kind of confusing." She looked back down on the map, trying to figure out where she was going. She looked back up and ended up running into someone by accident. "I'm sorry." She said quickly.

"It's my fault for texting," he smiled—a very hypnotizing smile that Carolina grew fond of after a second. It took him a moment to snap back into reality after being sent into a trance. "New to school?" He looked down at her schedule and map.

"More like new to this state." She smiled and adjusted her school bag on her shoulder. She ended her brother’s call so she could pay attention to the boy in front of her. He took the schedule away from her hands and scanned it for a few seconds.

"Calculus AB?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know. I like math." she tucked her hair behind her ear. "Do I intimidate you?"

He chuckled, "AP and you are a sophomore. Yes, you do intimidate me." He looked back at the schedule of classes with his smile still on. "Oh, you're a dancer," his smile grew wider than before. "My girlfriend is in that class." He handed the paper back to her. "Do you party?"

"Kinda."

"Get ready for the big party life. All the girls in that class are party animals. Pretty sure you will become a big one." He started walking backwards.

"I'll be ready." She smiled again. "Can you tell where I can find my math class?" she asked awkwardly, not wanting him to leave just yet.

He smiled and walked back to her. "Second story of that building over there." He pointed down the hallway. "I'm Tony by the way." He stretched his arm out.

"Nice to meet you." She shook it and started walking away.

"You didn't tell me your name."

Lina turned around, while still walking down the hallway. She just smiled and turned back around and went upstairs, leaving him wondering. She walked into class and all eyes were on her. Some girls were giving her dirty looks and others just stared.

"Is this Mr. Santiago's class? AP Calculus?" She made a weird face and searched for the teacher in the room. She spotted him on his desk and he got up and walked towards her. "I am. This is. And you're late. Miss..." He took her schedule from her hands and scanned it. "Miss. Hernandez."

Carolina remained quiet and fixed her bangs, waiting for him to finish writing down so she can take a seat. "Please take your seat behind Jared Hererra. And welcome to California. I have a no tolerance for tardiness. But since you're new, I'll let it slide."

"Won't happen again." She grinned and looked for her seat. She sat down and placed her bag on the desk and took out her notebook.

Break soon arrived and she was walking down the hallway texting her friend from Arizona. She ended up running into the same guy again.

"We gotta stop meeting like this," She commented and he laughed.

"I have you next period for office aide. You still haven't told me your name." He placed his hands inside his jean's pockets. She smiled and looked down the hallway, pressing her lips together.

"It was on my schedule." She crossed her legs and stared at his dark brown eyes.

"Yeah, I was paying attention to your classes that I forgot to check what your name is."

"I guess you'll have to find out somehow." Her lips curled up again and so did his.

"I'll find out next period since I don't have a partner to pick up the attendance sheet. The office lady will call your name."

She chuckled, "We'll see," and walked away backwards and left to the front office. She dropped her bag on the chair and continued texting her friend while eating some of her starbursts. After a while, the bell rung and everyone scurried off to their next class.

"You'll be Antonio's partner on picking up the attendance sheets and delivering summons." The lady informed her. Tony entered the office and started searching for her around the room. He found her sitting on the chair. He smiled at her and she got up to get the summons and papers from the lady.

"Sweetie, this is Antonio."

Lina smiled at Tony and hung her bag on the coat hanger. Tony walked towards her and hung his backpack next to hers. "Clever."

She winked and headed out the door. He followed behind and started telling her what she was supposed to do and other informational things. He kept trying to find out her name, but he eventually did. When lunch hit, she went to the library and started working on her homework so she still had no one to hang out with.

She put on her earphones and put on some music to help her concentrate on her load of homework.

"Mystery name," Tony sat next to her table and smiled at her.

Removing her earphones, Lina looked up and smiled. "I thought we established this already."

"Caroline."

"No, Carolina." She chuckled and continued working on her homework with a smile on her face. He took out his homework and started working on it also. He ended up asking her for help.

The bell rung and they left to their sixth and final class. She was happy because it was dance and she just had to audition. If she made it, she continued with the class, if she didn't, then she could go home.

Image

"Like who the hell does she think she is?" Diana, Tony's girlfriend said to him while they walked around during lunch, "These past three months were revolved around her. She's not even the best dancer here, yet she becomes co president?" Tony ignored her while he looked around the school. He didn’t understand why all the girls hate on Carolina. He thought she was cool. "Julie invited her to her party and said she's going to the spring fling. I hate that girl. She's probably a slut since she hangs out with pure boys."

"You don't even know her personally," Tone commented which made her let go of his hand.

"Don't you get that everyone in the school talks shit about her? No one likes her. All the guys just want to get inside her jeans and I’m not surprised that she already slept with half the guys on the baseball team."

Tony rolled his eyes and continued walking to his friends, leaving her behind.

"Did you hear what happened?" Daniel, a friend of Tony's, asked while giving him a bro hand shake. "Samuel got with the new chick also." Dan smiled widely and patted his other friend on the back.

"She's pretty good," Sam commented and laughed with all his friends. Tony forced a smile on. "She won't be able to handle you though, Mr. Perry." He patted Tone's back and everyone started talking about her.

Tony didn't want to believe it even though Sam is one of his good friends. He just decided not to listen to the rumors. He thought Carolina was friendly and funny. A bit feisty but he liked being her friend. She tutored him on math and they messed around with each other during fourth period. He didn’t think she was promiscuous. He knew she wasn’t.

"So have you and Diana...you know...had sex already." Derek, another friend, asked Tone in front of the others. He panicked internally but put on a believable devious smile.

"Spring Fling, she’ll be mine. She wants to have it all 'romantic' and I think that should do it. You know how girls are about school dances and their first time." They all got rowdy and Tony played along even though he knew he was still a virgin and didn't even know what to do. He had about two months to think of a plan since he didn't want his friends knowing about his lie.

"I gotta run," The turtle excused himself from his friends.

"Which girl is it this time?" Sam asked with a smirk on. They all thought he cheated on Diana with girls from other schools since he was always gone at lunch and after school. He was usually hanging out with Carolina or going to his guitar lessons.

"A cheerleader," he lied and left to the dance room to search for Carolina. He opened the door and looked around the room for her, but she wasn't there. He then went to the library and found her on a table. He scurried off and sat next to her, removing the ear buds from her ears.

"I need you to do me a favor," He whispered to her.

"'Hi Carolina. How are you?' Oh I'm good Tony, you know, Just studying." She said sarcastically.

"Please. It's big and urgent."

"Carolina Hernandez at your service." She spun herself around the chair to make it look dramatic which made him smile.

"Come here."

She scooted closer to him and placed her elbow on the table and her hand holding her head. He whispered into her ear the favor he wanted and she pulled her head away instantly and her eyes grew wide.

"What?" She asked, hoping she heard wrong.

"Please. I know it's random but—"

"Tony, I thought you weren't like the others." She was hurt; it was all in her voice. She didn’t think he was the same as everyone in her school but apparently she thought wrong.

"I'm not," he defended himself. "I'm still a virgin, I swear. Just teach me. I won't say anything. I promise."

She looked away and gripped onto the textbook in front of her. "I don't know Tone, I barley met you a few months ago." Carolina found Tony attractive but not in that kind of way. She thought back to the day she and Nicki got their lip pierced and that whole traumatic day. She was scared to ever get intimate with anyone, but she promised herself she wouldn't let it affect her in the future. It was too soon for her and she wasn't planning to experience it again.

"I...I can't," she looked down and pressed her lips together. Her eyes closed into slits and everything from that day started to flash through her head. The touching, the kissing, the crying and the screaming. She tried her best not to cry so she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." She brushed her hair back and looked at Tony with sad eyes.

"No, don't be. It was stupid of me to ask." He lowered his head to his hands that were playing with her pen. "I respect you."

She felt relieved to hear that since she thought he was like the rest of the guys trying to get her in bed.

"I respect you also," Lina placed her hands on his and gave him a reassuring smile. Tony forced a grin even though he thought he was screwed.

Image

"Carolina, you'll be the choreographer for our school's pep rally for Spring Fling. Congratulations." Mrs. K announced to the whole class. Most of the girls applaud and very few rolled their eyes and said rude comments. Carolina heard and they were coming from Diana.

The class stood up and started their warm up. Diana intentionally bumped her shoulder with Carolina. Lina got mad and shoved Diana away. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"You're my problem," she sneered and shoved Lina back. Carolina got ready to punch her but the girls pulled them apart before the dance instructor came out of the office.

"Come on. You'll both get suspended from class and school." One of the girls told them. Diana just walked away to the corner of the room and called Carolina a whore. Lina wanted to punch her again but they pulled her away and made her lead the warm ups.

She’s going to regret it, Carol told herself.

The next day in fourth period, Carolina went up to Tony and took a deep breath before asking him. ”Tony, um, are you still down for that thing you asked me yesterday?"

His eyes grew wide, surprised and happy to hear her say those words. "Y-yeah. Why?" He stopped walking to face her. She bit her bottom lip and gazed at his eyes.

"I changed my mind. I'm up for it if you are."

He smile widely, "I thought—"

"I just wanted to try this out." She forced a grin. She just wanted to hurt Diana since she's been bullying her in class and spreading rumors. It would mean absolutely nothing to both of them so why not give it a shot? "So lunch, today?"

"Y-yeah," He smiled more and they continued walking to pick up the attendance sheets. She stayed quiet the rest of the period and in fifth. She was shaking in fear but tried to calm herself down. She received Tony’s text message about meeting him in the end of the hallway. She was hoping time would slow down which it didn’t. Every time she looked at the time, it was getting closer for the dismissal bell to ring.

When it rung, she jumped on her seat and slowly packed her folder and notebook inside her bag. She walked down the hallway and inhaled deeply. She didn’t want him to know she was nervous. She spotted him a few seconds later and he smiled nervously.

"My mom's gone so we can go to my place." He offered as they started heading towards the parking lot.

"All right," she smiled. They reached his car and got inside. The car was in total silence once he drove off. She can sense that he was nervous and contemplating about the whole idea. She got ahold of his hand and intertwined it with his fingers so he could calm down.

"Relax, I won't bite..." She stayed quiet. "Okay, maybe I will." He chuckled and eased off a little. They arrived at his house and they got off the car and headed towards the door. She held onto his hands while they made their way in the house. The palm of his hand was sweaty and his voice was shaky as they walked down the hallway towards his room.

She noticed his collection of Star Wars films and figures. "Star Wars fan?" She faced him with an are-you-serious look.

"What's wrong with Star Wars?" He smiled.

"I haven't met anyone who likes it," Carolina replied while touching his action figures.

"Well now you do."

"You also play guitar?" She looked at his black and gray guitar that was on its stand on top of his drawer.

"I want to start a band one day or join one. I'm barley taking guitar classes." She nodded and continued examining his room. After a few minutes her eyes met his again. He had a serious face on and was nervous. That made her more relaxed and a devilish smile appeared on her lips.

"Just sex. No strings attached. Right?"


Image

Carolina

"Tony, what are we doing?"

"Having sex? What does it look like we're doing?"

I looked down at his chest and stared at all the colorful tattoos on his skin. I looked at Leia and Luke's drawn tattoo that Tony had them draw for him last year and then I looked at my name on his chest. I made him promise not to get my name tattooed but he did it anyways. I traced the tattoo on his stomach with my index finger, not making eye contact with him.

"You know what I meant," I bit down my bottom lip and waited for his response. I felt him move around under me.

"I don't understand."

"We can't do this to each other. It's not right." I informed him.

He heaved a heavy sigh and rubbed his face. "Carolina, I thought we're staying together? Did we not just talk about this?" I got off of him and then off the bed. I started putting my clothes back on while Tony sat up, looking worried. "Where are you going?"

"We can't be in this relationship. It's not healthy."

"You're changing your mind on me?" He got off the bed and walked over to me. I continued putting on my clothes. "Look at me, baby." He grabbed my chin and lifted my head up to his. "I love you."

"I love you too but..." I quickly wiped away my tear and removed his hand from my chin. "We can't."

"And why not?" The tears started coming down and I didn't know what to do. "I thought we made the decision about you leaving."

"Tony, we were having sex. I agree with everything you say when we have sex. It's not supposed to be like that. I have a mind of my own."

"So you're leaving me then?" He stared at me with pain in his eyes.

"I don't want to."

"Then don't."

"It's not that easy Tony." I walked around the room, tying my hair up in a messy bun. I kneeled down on the floor to pick up my clothes since the room was a bit of a mess.

"Baby, I—why?"

"Because we both cheated Tony!" I whipped my head towards him. "Did you not listen to each other's vows?"

"But we're even."

"It's not a game, Tony. All we did is hurt each other. We don't belong together. We're supposed to get divorced." I shoved the clothes back into the luggage and placed them onto the bed.

"But you don't want to get divorce. You want to stay with me because you love me and I love you! That's what people do when they're in love—stay together."

"You also don't hurt the person you love." I stated and that kept him quiet for a few minutes. I ended up crying and leaning on the bed. None of us said a word for about ten minutes. It was quiet besides my cries and sniffles.

"Don't leave, please." He begged. I kept quiet, thinking about the decision I'm making. I didn't want to follow my heart, but I also didn't want to follow my mind. I just needed some silence and a hot shower. "If I could go back, I would have stopped myself from making that mistake."

I shook my head, and cried into my knees. I heard him get up from the bed and lift me up from the floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he walked out of the room into the living room. He sat down on the couch and I continued to cling onto him.

"Tony, please. Let me go."

"Shh," he shushed me while I slowly stopped crying. My eyes were getting heavy and I was too tired to continue packing and leave the house.

"I already made my decision, Tone." I said in a very tired voice that made me drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I knoooow, shitty filler but there’s two chapters left and I wanted to make it a little longer. So I’M SORRY. at least you learned how they met and how it all started. I've been too addicted to the show LOST. My apologies.

RIP to MITCH LUCKER.

THANK YOU:
PTVTea
Captain.Tiff_
adieu_
Briannaaa
ASymphonyofVengeance
kayla1193
michaelaangel
Sheepcat-
NervousHolyGhost
hellxoxsunshine
PTVFangirlForLife
Rev. Micki Plague
hachie
Syn'Kitten xD
kristinaamo
baby scars
katlyf
mexiquinn you're welcome! And thank you for convincing me to make a sequel!
yessiroxursox
trill aw thank you :3