Love Like a Tidal Wave

She missed the sex

**Flashback**

It's December in Orange County, California. The cold breezy air flowing around the dark gloomy skies were signaling a storm heading our way. It was actually very surprising that a storm was arriving in Southern California since not a lot of storms come by. I enjoyed the cold weather but it has been a while since it had gotten cold. I missed the warm sweaters, hot chocolate, hot food and everything else. Since Christmas was soon coming, it made it something to look forward to.

I moved from Los Angeles to Orange County for a management job that I was offered in a tattoo shop. I was still a tattoo artist who was still tattooed free. There were times Tony would try convincing me to get one but I got second thoughts. I couldn’t get myself to get one for no particular reason. I wanted to stay inkless. I’m not even sure if getting tattooed would suit me.

Tony wanted to move back to San Diego but I refused to move that far down in California even though I used to live there. Orange County seemed like a good place to live. There were beaches nearby, my job, theme parks for the kids and a lot of entertainment. It was between Los Angeles and San Diego, so it wasn’t that bad. I could visit Feena within an hour and he could visit Vic and his friends within an hour or so as well.

Leia was now five years old and was attending kindergarten. Nick was four and I signed him up for pre-school since he was jealous that Leia started school already. I wanted him to start learning anyways. He was still very quiet and introvert while Leia was still the complete opposite. She still attended ballet classes and I sometimes taught her some hip hop and jazz on my free time.

Tony was on tour and was going to be back before Christmas Eve for our dinner party—that’s what he had promised. His band had gotten more recognition the past few years. Each year their fame escalated. I was very proud of them. They've been touring and getting interviewed like crazy. They were on television now and even more magazines and their music was being played on the radio and on tv. As for his salary, he's been getting paid more than before. He kept convincing me to move to San Diego by bribing/promising me a brand new car of the year or brand purses and clothes but I still refused. I didn't want his money or gifts; I just didn't want to live an hour in a half away from my job. Gas was expensive nowadays so he can manage to live a few minutes away from his hometown.

My phone started to vibrate and I quickly answered it after seeing Tony's name flash on the screen. I got happy whenever he called. His absence made me feel lonely at night when I buried my head on my pillows. His scent still lingered on his pillow and as corny as that sounded, I liked to cuddle with it whenever I went to sleep.

"Hello," I beamed and flipped the grilled cheese sandwich that I was making for the kids. They were in the living room watching Spirited Away—one of my favorite anime movies when I was a teenager.

"How's my beautiful wife and wonderful kids doing?" I heard him smile through the phone and it made me smile even more stupidly. I went from never wanting to have a relationship to marrying this Mexican guitarist who apparently won my heart. I’m still trying to get over the fact that I got married and how I encountered him at Mike’s party. It's all thanks to that party.

"I'm doing great. The kids are doing well. They’re on winter vacation already and are currently watching Spirited Away. I did a whole Pierce the Veil sleeve yesterday on some girl. She said she heard about the shop from one of your live chats." I pressed my lips together while smiling.

"I'm just promoting my wife's shop so she can make more money." He chuckled. The conversation went on for a few minutes. He was coming back in a few days and I was happy to have him back for the holidays since he was on tour last year. He had two tours before this one and I missed having him around. I was lucky enough to get married the week he had off. It was hectic and over whelming but we managed to get married—even though we didn't get to have a honeymoon. I was a little bummed out, but he promised he’d take me anywhere I wanted to go when he came back from this tour.

I didn't take his last name for various reasons and it was one thing we argued about. I didn’t see why I need to have his last name. Yeah, I’m married to him, but I liked my last name better for some reason. We still argued on a lot—mostly on religious views and complete stupid things, as usual. Leia and Nick haven’t been baptized and it really pissed me off. I wanted to do it behind his back but I didn't want to argue with him if he ever found out. I’m fed up with the constant fighting. He never wanted to admit he was wrong and since I’m also stubborn, it wasn't a very good mix.

"Let me talk to Leia," he said.

"Give me one second," I set the sandwich on a plate and got a glass of orange juice and took it to the dining table near the living room. I then passed the phone to Leia and went back to the kitchen to get Nick's grilled cheese sandwich. He liked his crust cut off and preferred a cup of chocolate milk than OJ.

"I miss you too daddy," I heard Leia say to her father. I smiled and picked up Nick from the couch and sat him on his booster seat to eat. I sat next to them and rested for a bit while eating an apple. I've been up all morning cleaning the house from floor to ceiling. When I have nothing to do, I clean. But when Tony is home, we always go out as a family or we go on a date when the kids are in school and I don’t have work. It was something I always looked forward to.

In a few minutes, Leia passed the phone back to me and sat on her chair. She then started to watch the movie again, leaving her food untouched. I turned off the television and watched as her head whipped to my direction. "Leia, you know the rules. Eat and then watch the movie."

"No! It's on the good part, mom." She plopped down on her seat, mad, and started to grab her sandwich off the plate. She then smiled when she pulled apart both the slices and saw the stretched yellow cheese in between them. It’s exactly what I did with my grilled cheese sandwiches—I’m pretty sure everyone did like the Kraft’s singles commercial.

“Guess where my hand is,” my eyes shot opened wide when I heard him say those five words to me over the phone. I glanced at the kids and they were just eating their food. I smiled while biting my lip.

“Hm, I’ll take a wild guess,” I paused. “In your head?”

“If you’re talking about my head down south, then you are absolutely correct.”

“TONY!” I shouted and started laughing.

“It’s all for you baby.” He paused and faked a groan. “I’m staring at your picture on my—”

I bursted out laughing, “Oh yeah? What are you thinking right now?” I played along.

“How lucky I am to have married this beautiful, sexy, irresistible, Cuban/mexican girl.” My lips quirked up into a smile and I continued to listen to his voice over the phone. “I’m already hard babe.”

I laughed again and quickly covered my mouth. He carried on, talking dirty to me while the kids looked at me with curiosity filled eyes. The choice of words Tony was using started to turn me on and at the same time make me blush.

“Tony,” I called out his name with a smile on my face. He groaned and I covered my eyes. “Are you being serious or just playing with me?”

“I’m playing with Vader,” he said. I squealed and refrained from laughing out loud. “Are you touching yourself also?”

Hm, let’s have some fun.

As I parted my mouth to speak, the sound of Mike’s voice stopped me from saying anything since I suddenly got grossed out. I rolled my eyes and waited for Tony to say something.

"Babe, I'll call you after the show. We’ll continue this later on. I love you." He said to me.

I chuckled, "I love you too. Bye." I hung up and placed the phone on the table. I looked at Nick and he gave me the most adorable look ever that caused me to smile widely.

"Is dad going to be home before Christmas?" Leia asked with some cheese stuck on her cheek.

I smiled, "He should be. Did you make a wish list for Santa Clause?"

She smiled brightly, "YES!"

She started naming all the things she wanted from Toys R Us and Walmart. The list was super long, but I knew exactly what to get her and Nick. I already purchased them and they were wrapped up and hidden in my closet.

I watched them finish eating and then scurry off to the living room to finish the movie. I washed their plates and then joined them afterwards.

Nick sat on my laps and leaned his head back on my chest. I kissed his head and watched the movie with my two favorite kids.

Image

Christmas soon arrived and everyone came over except my father and Tony’s mother. They both came last year and the year before that, but this year, they weren't around town to celebrate with us. Lily and Ceez took a vacation from Arizona and came down here to celebrate with us. They were staying at my house until after New Year’s.

I've been up all morning making the tamales that Tony’s grandmother had taught me a few months ago. They were incredibly delicious and I decided to make them every year on Christmas as tradition.

When the guest arrived, Feena and Lily came inside the kitchen to help me with the food while the kids played in their room and the guys—Ceez and Ricardo, Feena's bf that she met at the airport— sat on the couch and watched tv.

"Isaac, where are you going?" Lily asked her six year old son as he tried going out in the backyard on this freezing stormy night. His brown eyes and tousled hair made him look like an exact replica of his father.

"Leia said we're s'posed to play outside," he replied, looking at his feet on the ground. I crossed my arms under my chest and scanned the room for Leia's presence, but she wasn't around. I looked back at my nephew.

"Isaac, where is Leia?" I questioned him.

Still facing down, he replied in a low voice, "Outside."

My lips form a straight line. I remove my apron and walked out the sliding doors and looked for her in the lawn. She knewshe isn't allowed outside when it’s raining or without my approval.

I doubled check my sides and there was no sight of her. "Leia!" I shouted and waited for a response.

Nothing.

I shouted her name once again and this time I heard her voice inside the shed. I spotted her inside the shed playing with her wand and cape. She had dolls all over the shed as if she was a teacher—professor in this case. There was a crumpled paper on her small hand with squiggly lines written down acrossed it. Her hair was wet, her sweater was also and there was mud on her shoes. She didn't look up at me since she was drenched in water. I got mad.

I took her wand away and untied the cape around her neck. She started telling me she wanted to play and that she had a class to teach, but I took her to the patio and remove her muddy shoes from her feet. I carried her to the bathroom and removed the rest of her clothes and turned on the facets.

"Is dad coming home tonight?" She shook her head sideways to remove the water that was streaming down her face. She then rubbed her eyes so she can see me. I replied by telling her that I had my fingers crossed. I added shampoo on her hair and told her to close her eyes. "When can we open the presents?!" She exclaimed while jumping up and down the tub. She almost slipped but I grabbed her just in time.

Leia had about ten gifts under the tree. Yeah, we spoiled her and Nicholas but not too much to the point that they're bratty. I taught them discipline and manners. When they misbehaved, I took away their television and toy privileges. They also don't get dessert after dinner and they would have to go straight to bed at 8. It’s fun being a mother. Why couldn't my mom be like me?

"At midnight just like last year."

"Can we open them earlier this year? Pretty please?"

I chuckled and washed the shampoo off her light brown hair. She started to spit the shampoo out of her mouth when the water came down from her hair.

"We'll see." I replied and finished taking her a shower. Once she was cleaned up, I remove her from the tub and took her to her room. I put her down on my bed and dried off her body as we continued talking about the most random things she thought of. I grabbed some baby lotion and rubbed it all over her soft skin and then dressed her up. She continued talking and making me laugh.

"Do you want two ponytails or one?" I asked her.

"I want two!" She held up the amount with her fingers. I parted her hair in half and began doing her hair.

"Where are my babies?!" Tony shouted from the living room. I heard the door swung open and the thud from his duffle bag hitting the floor. My heart filled up with happiness from the sound of his voice. I’m pretty sure Leia’s did as well since a huge smile formed on her small lips.

"DADDY!" I then heard Nick shout and his small footsteps hitting the floor rapidly.

"DADDY'S HOME!!! Hurry up mom!" Leia jumped up and down on my bed while I was brushing her hair. I told her to hold still, but since she was already too excited, I just let her run to her father with only one ponytail up. She ran out of her room and I followed behind shortly.

"DADDY! I MISSED YOU!" She shouted while jumping on him and attacking him with a big hug. Tony was crouching down and hugging Nick, so he lost his balance and fell on his butt when Leia hugged him. The two of them climbed on Tony and played with him. I smiled and leaned on the wall, watching them.

Who would have thought Tony would be father material?

"I got you guys presents!" He managed to say under them.

"CAN WE OPEN THEM!?"

I laughed and went back to the kitchen to help Lily and Feena.

"They're just about ready," Feena closed the pot full of tamales. My mouth got watery by the smell of them lingering underneath my nose. I've been on my feet all day and I just wanted to knock out, but I promised myself I’d stay up until I eat.

Tony came into the kitchen, wrapped his arms around my waist and planted a kiss on my cheek. "I missed you," He said with a huge smile on his face. I smiled and said it back—kissing him once I turned my face to him.

“She missed the sex,” Feena commented. Lily laughed and I shove Fee away from me—playfully—and grab a beer from the fridge and hand it over to Tony. I didn't drink much since I gave birth to Leia. I would drink occasionally but just a glass or a beer. I wasn't a heavy drinker anymore. Neither did I go to clubs anymore. I’m already thirty-one and I’m a little old to continue partying. I have a family to take care of.

Tony headed to the living after greeting the ladies with an armed hug. He greeted the guys and sat down on the recliner. Nick climbed on top of Tony while Leia and Isaac played with each other on the floor near the bright and decorated Christmas tree.

Watching them from the living room brought a huge smile on my face. It's a beautiful Kodak moment like every year.

The food was finally ready and we all sat down to eat. Nick sat on my laps since he didn’t like being around a lot of people. Leia sat between Isaac and Tony. She started whispering things to Isaac throughout dinner.

Nick fell asleep after dinner so I took him to his bed. Tony came by shorty and laid down next to me. He smiled and touched my chin. "Let's go watch tv or go gossip with Lily and Feena. It's something you always do." He suggested but I replied with a “I’m tired,” followed by a groan. He adjusted himself in bed and placed his arms around me. "I love you," he kissed the side of my neck. I said it back and closed my eyes for a bit. I ended up falling asleep until Leia ran to my room and jumped up on me.

“IT'S MIDNIGHT! WAKE UP!!” She jumped up and down the bed. I yawned and stretched my arms out. She heaved a sigh, "Hurry up! We're late!" She shouted again. I got up after fully waking up. Leia ran back to the Christmas tree while I went to Nick's room to wake him up but he wasn't there.

Freaking Leia must have woke him up already.

I walked to the living room and everyone was on the floor or couch around the Christmas tree. Isaac, Leia and Nicholas were scanning the gifts and looking for the biggest ones with their names on it. All three guys had a beer bottle in hand and the two women were talking and laughing. Once they saw me they told me to join them.

I sat on the floor next to Tony and leaned on him while his left arm snaked around my waist. His cold lips kissed my neck and we watch everyone opened their gifts.

Leia loved all of hers and she wouldn't stop jumping and screaming. I recorded her reaction so my dad could see it one day and for future purposes. Nick’s eyes lit up and a smile formed on his small lips when he opened his. He’d raise all the toys he received and showed it to us.

“Time for Leia’s and Nick’s gift!” Tony got up from the floor after numerous minutes of gifting opening and left outside. After a couple of minutes, the front door opened and in came a puppy with a red ribbon on its collar.

It was a Morkie. Small and very cute. Brown and Black fluffy hair and tiny paws.

“IT’S A PUPPY!!!” Leia shouted and ran to the dog. I looked up at Tony and he came in smiling with the small cage and food. He crouched down and the dog came running to him. “What are we going to name him?” Tony asked our two kids who were petting the puppy.

“Chewie,” Nick answered and then giggled when the dog licked his hand. “He licked me daddy!” He smiled up at his father.

“Come here Chewie!” Leia called out to the dog by patting her laps.

“She’s a teacup,” Tony informed me. I didn't mind having a dog as a pet. I just didn't want it to grow super big and ginormous that it could knock me out.

Tony then sat back down next to me on the floor again and threw his arm around me—still keeping his eyes to the kids. He looked back at me and planted his lips onto mine for a very quick second.

“Ready for your gift?” He said softly and gazing at my lips. I nodded my head up and down. “Close your eyes.” I did as I’m told and closed my eyes. “No peeking!” I put my hands over my eyes and smiled. I wondered what he was going to give me. Every year it’s always something that left me awestruck. “Put your hands out.” He commanded.

I removed my hands from my eyes, still leaving them closed, and put them out. He placed a paper like object on my hands and then told me to open them. My smile faded away when I stared at the object on my hands. A Costa Rica: Los Sueños Resort brochure with two airplane tickets popping out. I looked back at him with wide eyes hoping this wasn't a dream.

“Merry Christmas,” he grinned from ear to ear.

I smiled widely, shrieked and kissed him multiple times before shouting, “I’M GOING TO COSTA RICA!” out loud for everyone to hear!

"We're going where?" Leia asked, holding Chewie on her small arms.

"Baby, you'll be staying with Aunt Feena for a weekend." Tony informed here while I quickly showed Feena and Lily.

YES! Everything was PERFECT! And I gotta say it was the best Christmas I ever had. The family and close friends around and then the gifts. It was a very fond moment that I enjoyed experiencing. There’s nothing else that could have made that day more perfect—besides having my father and mother in law there.

But too bad it was the last time I was ever happy with everyone. It was all ending very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
Briannaaa
ninjapenguinn
michaelaangel
ASymphonyofVengeance
WhiskeyKitty
SennyLivesForMusic
NervousHolyGhost
PTVFangirlForLife
adieu_
faussaire- you'll find out soon(;
Sheepcat-
kristinaamo
Captain.Tiff_