Paired

Prologue - Spencer Grayson

Eleanor Grayson was sweeping up the last specks of dust in the hall when a loud and obnoxious knock on the door interrupted her. Normally she would yell for them to 'Wait one damn minute.' and then take her sweet time getting to the door. But the urgency and volume of this knocking was a bit too disturbing for her liking. Initially she had thought she was going to be robbed, because who knocks that violently unless they plan to shove a shot gun in the face of the person who opened the door. But then again, what kind of shot gun wielding psychopath, knocks before he blows down a door?

So that option was out, and the only other assumption would be the police. Eleanor visibly shuddered at that word. She had never had a good experience with the law. It was like anyone who married her had some kind of altercation with some kind of law enforcement. It also seemed to be a hereditary trait. Yes, the anti law abiding trait. All of her children, including her five year old son, Johnny had been taking down town at least three times in their lifetime, and so had she.

"How may I help, you officer?" she asked as she yanked open the door. She was half hoping that whoever was knocking so manically on the other side, would accidentally knock her in the head. Then she could sue and she'd finally be able to get that hot tub built into her room...

She recognized the large burly officer and inwardly groaned. This was Harold Marsh or the March Hare as some of the neighborhood women called him. Eleanor didn't care to ask why and just hoped that it was because his name kind of sounded like the freak from the Alice in Wonderland book.

Harold stepped forward, expecting her to retreat into her house and let him in, but she didn't budge. Truthfully, Eleanor hated that man, and what woman wouldn't hate a guy who interrogated their five year old son for five hours, over something as tiny as a missing license plate?

"Do you know where your son is today, Ms. Grayson?" Harold asked, crossing his arms and looking very smug.

His tone didn't faze Eleanor outwardly, but inwardly her guts twisted with dread and a hint of 'Jesus Christ what happened now?'.
"Which one?" she asked

Eleanor had been married four times throughout her life and each marriage had ended horribly and with a soon to be delinquent child being born. She often wondered why she didn't just get her tube tied, but then again she never thought she'd fall in love again after the first few divorces.
Her first marriage was with Jose Reyes, and ended with him getting busted for smuggling drugs into an all girls school. Eleanor had moved in with her mother after that and given birth to her first son Alexio Reyes. Alexio had grown into a fine young man and seemed to be on a nice straight path, until he was arrested for smuggling drugs into the basement of a church.

After that Eleanor met and married Francois Minor, a soon to be rock star who was actually just hallucinating all of his record deals while getting stoned in the back of his van with teenage boys. Vincent Minor had come along with that deal and Eleanor had only agreed to take care of him, because his only other option was to stay with his mother's pimp.

Eleanor would have completely sworn off of men and moved to a convent if not for, Jamie Young, a sweet and seemingly innocent veterinarian, who used his baby faced looks to trick his customers into leaving there pets with him. So he could sell them off or use them in fight rings.
Eleanor had given birth to Louis Young after that, and life had been perfectly normal, until Louis hit 18. He then ran off to NY city and got a sex change and now goes by Louise. That may seem relatively okay, unless you count the fact that to afford the sex change, he robbed a national bank.

A year after that Eleanor was in the operation room about to get her tubes tied when she met her doctor. Niel Grayson.
He was perfect, he was rich and he was a complete psychopath. He used his position as a doctor to steal organs from coma patients and then sell them to questionable sources in Russia. He had even tried to get Eleanor to join in, but she did the most sane thing at the time and ran away to her mothers house, where she gave birth to Spencer Grayson.

Spencer, was a piece of work, sometimes he was calm and nice and sometimes he showed hints of his father's bat shit craziness. He always got in to trouble and out of it, and nothing every seemed to faze him. Even when Eleanor sent him to Camp Carbon, a juvenile correctional facility in the middle of nowhere. Spencer was like an infamous celebrity there. The camp used him as a 'before' photo on their brochures! And whenever he came back home, he pulled an even bigger stunt than the one that landed him in the camp and the cycle continued.

So of course, Eleanor knew which son Harold was talking about, but she didn't have to tell him that. And Harold didn't waste time spluttering about her clueless guise. And that was what worried Eleanor.

"Your son, Spencer Grayson has really done it now." he hissed, his face twisting into an ugly scowl. "He switched the engines of two of our finest police cruisers and because of that they were unable to catch the perp, who as soon as he realized he was going to escape, decided to do a happy dance while driving and crashed into a building!" he snarled

She blinked. To be honest, she was extremely surprised. Spencer did bad shit, but never shit this bad, and apparently it wasn't over. Harold had turned to glower at the sidewalk, his hands twitching angrily. He then whipped around to face her.

"My house." he snapped "The building was my house!" he barked.

"Oh." Was all Eleanor could muster.

> > >

Spencer stared out of the window of the all too familiar light grey bus, and the all too familiar surrounding that they were passing. No one else was on the bus, but he didn't mind. He preferred to be alone anyway. It gave him time to think. And plot. But mostly boil with bottled up anger.

Of course he had expected repercussions for his engine switching prank, but nothing this bad! He had to stay at Camp Carbon until he showed signs of changing! So this meant that even when summer vacation ended he wouldn't go back to school or his town, he would have to stay and get 'reformed.'

"Ugh, this is so fucking unfair." he growled to himself. "It's not like the car flew through his front door! It just took down his garage."

The bus came to a halt suddenly and the doors screeched open. Spencer directed his gaze to the young man who had just climbed onto the bus. The man beamed at him, he was clearly new.

"Welcome to Camp Carbon!"