Fateful Moon

Chapter 1: Michael's POV

Ever since I was a small child, I knew that I was different. At first I didn’t understand what was wrong with me. All I knew was once a month my parents would lock me in the basement. They would let me out during the day but for three total days, during the night, I would be locked in the basement. And I wouldn’t remember a damn thing.

And then on my eighteenth birthday, my parents told me the truth. I was a WEREWOLF!

At first I didn’t believe them. There was no way that I could be a werewolf. They didn’t exist, they just couldn’t exist. But then they decided that I should see for myself and they left a mirror in the basement, allowing me to see the truth and the following full moon I saw exactly what I was. As I looked into the mirror, all I saw was bright yellow eyes, long black fur and razor sharp teeth. I remember looking down at my hands and feet and seeing sharp claws. I could feel that I had no tail, so I knew I was more man than wolf in that sense. But as I looked back into the mirror and let out a loud howl, I knew exactly what I was.

I was a monster.

I knew then that I would never live a normal life ever again. I am never going to be able to find a woman. I would never be able to court her and eventually ask for her hand. I would never be able to have children and a family. Everything that I had wanted out of life was now ripped out from underneath me in the single moment that I looked into the damned mirror.

Most nights I wonder why this is happening to me. Even my parents have no clue what caused the curse. All they knew it that they would protect me at all costs. But now even they are gone.

Ever since my parents departure, I have been alone. Besides the servants that work around the house. And I have learned to accept that fact.

I have accepted my fate: I know that I will eventually die from the curse due to the stress that it puts on my body. I also know that I will die alone. Cause who would ever love a glorified dog like me.

Who could ever learn to love a MONSTER? A WEREWOLF?