Fateful Moon

Chapter 2: Mary's POV

I never had a very privileged life. But that all changed when my family came into some money when my father’s boss left him everything in his will. And from that moment on, we went from being a servant/lower class family, to being the family that gives the orders.

I never thought I would be one of those girls that could turn guys heads as she walked down the street. Or even someone who would have people bringing them food and help them dress. But even with this new found sense of status, I knew that I would never allow any of that to change me.

You see, I was always a little abnormal. I was interested in things that you wouldn’t expect a woman to be interested in. For one, I loved to spend time outside. I loved to hike, horseback ride (bare back), camp with my father and brothers. But there was always one thing that made me stand out from all the rest.

And that was my love for the supernatural.

It was one of the things that has not changed about the way that I live my life since gaining money. I still, on a daily basis, make my way to the local bookstore and read books upon books about the mythical creatures that once inhabited out world.

The owner of the bookstore was interested in the same thing that I was and we would often have heated discussions on the topic. He believed that such creatures did not exist and never did exist. He thought that they were just something created by someone’s imagination.

But I didn’t agree.

I believed that the creatures that we read about in books actually live among us. Sure that might seem a bit crazy, but that is what I believed in my heart. And I would give anything to meet one of these said creature. Regular human beings, particularly the guys, never really kept my attention. But if a mythical being were to be involved in my life, I would be one of the happiest people in the world.

But the one creature that I wanted to see the most was… a werewolf.

I had read in one book that because of the constant transformations that the human body goes, the human source will eventually die. And I would do anything in order to help someone who is cursed to get through this tough patch in their life.

Even if that meant giving up my life in order to save theirs, just so they know what it is like to live in a world without pain, just so they could live a normal life.

I would do it.