Fateful Moon

Chapter 3: 3rd Person POV

It was just like any other day. Mary had spent the whole day at the bookstore with Mister Williams. It was now pitch dark outside with nothing but the full moon to light her way as she walked home.

But this night was going to change her whole life.

Mary was humming to herself as she made her way down the street in the direction of her home. With every step she took, the surrounding area went from homes and shops, to trees. Her family moved into a house that was secluded by trees after they came into money.

Mary was almost home, but she skidded to a stop when a howl broke out through the air. She quickly looked around her, trying to find the source of the sound. There was nothing in sight, causing Mary to sigh. She could feel her heart beating faster as she continued to walk home. But she abruptly stopped and let out a gasp when her wide eyes caught sight of a form in the middle of the road. It lifted its head and stared right into Mary’s eyes with its glowing yellow eyes.

She let out a gasp as the creature let out a growl, “it’s a werewolf.”

Michael didn’t know how it happened, he didn’t know how he got out of the basement. He didn’t know how he got into town. It just happened.

But now he found himself standing in front of a very pretty girl from town. He involuntarily growled at her, but stopped when he was her take a step forward. He had never known someone who wanted to be close to a werewolf. But here was this beautiful middle class girl walking towards him.

Mary continued to walk closer, but he eventually started to back away. “No, don’t go.” She pleaded with the creature.

He let out another howl before turning around and running straight into the woods behind him. “Wait!” She yelled out as she picked up her dress a little and ran after him.

She followed the werewolf for hours. She even lost him a few times, but due to his howling she was able to locate him. The sun was finally starting to rise when she saw him run into the backyard of a mansion. [He must be an upper class man] she thought as she followed him. She ran out from behind the barn and just stared in shock as a gorgeous man stood to his full height with a blanket around his waist.

A gasp fell from her plump lips as she stared into his bright green eyes. He had shoulder length black hair and as Mary’s eyes raked over his body, she saw that he was very built.

Michael stared at the beautiful girl that followed him when she gasped. He tightened his hold on the blanket and ran his eyes over her. She had curly brown hair that was hanging down her shoulders, and blue crystal lie eyes. Her body was clad in a teal and black dress that flattered her figure perfectly.

He narrowed his eyes a little, “Why did you follow me?”

Mary shrunk back a little at his anger. “I’m sorry. I-I just wanted…” She took a sigh to regain her confidence. She looked back into his eyes, “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

Michael stared at her shocked, “Why? Why would you care about a monster?”

Mary moved closer to Michael until she was standing directly in front of him. “I don’t think you are a monster,” she smiled gently, “you may be different. But you’re not a monster.”

Michael just stared at her with wide eyes, not believing what she had just said. “You don’t think that I am a monster?”

She shook her head and smiled a little, “No I don’t. Like I said, you may be different but you are not a monster.” She held out her hand to him, “My name is Mary Alberts.”

He looked down at her hand and smiled a little. He could tell that, from just talking to her that she was different. She didn’t care about his ‘furry little problem’ and followed his even though she could have been killed. Looking back up into her eyes, he could see the sincerity that covered every centimeter.

He smiled at his and moved to hold the blanket with his left hand. He took her outstretched hand with his right and turned it over before raising it to his lips and placing a kiss on the back of her hand. With his lips still close to her hand he looked into her eyes, “I’m Michael West.”

And in that moment, when their eyes locked, they knew that they would always be there for each other. Michael knew that he would never be alone again and Mary would do anything to free Michael of the curse.

And maybe, just maybe, there would be something more for the two of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mary's Dress