Fateful Moon

Chapter 6: 3rd Person POV

Many months have passed since that day in the meadow, and many things have changed: mainly regarding Michael.

At first he found not being able to change strange. The first few months after the cure was administered he was expecting himself to ‘wolf-out’ and when he didn’t, he felt strange. He has been this ‘monster/creature’ for as long as he can remember. And now he wasn’t so he found it odd.

But today, something was going to happen to Michael that will change his life forever.

Michael stood at the front of a crowd waiting for everything to begin. His best friend Wayne stretched his hand out and placed it on his shoulder causing Michael to look at him.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” He questioned with a smirk. “You do know that your life will never be the same after this.”

Michael smiled back, “Yeah this is exactly what I want.”

Music began to play as a minister came and stood beside him. Michael’s gaze moved to the end of the aisle and watched as her father walked her towards him. Her father kissed her hand and placed it into his before smiling at him.

“Take care of her,” he said to him with a stern look in his eyes. It was the same look that he had when Michael asked for her hand.

Michael smiled back and grasped her hand, “I will. I promise.”

Her father nodded and smiled before moving to sit next to her family and Wayne. Michael smiled at her and she smiled brightly back before they both turned their attention to the priest.

This was a day both of them never thought would come. She thought that was because everyone found her weird. And he thought it would never happen because of what he was. But now they both realized that that was not true; they just needed to find each other.

“I now pronounce you man and wife,” the priest announced as he looked at the two of them. “Michael you may now kiss your bride.”

Michael smiled and turned to face his new wife. Raising his hands, he lifted her veil from her face to reveal Mary’s smiling face to him. He smiled wider at her and placed his hands on her cheeks, pulling her closer to him.

“I love you,” Michael whispered to her, his forehead resting on hers.

Mary laughed a little, “I love you too.”

As they shared their first kiss as husband and wife, both of them realized that where they were right now is exactly where they wanted to be. They now were at a point where they felt nothing could go wrong. And that was all they ever wanted.