Status: Hiatus

Lost in Wonderland, Ever After

Chapter three

Silence. For the whole two minutes they just stared at each other. Lost in each other's eyes while Alex searched for everything that reminded him of his Jack. And everything he saw in Jack reminded him. Especially the too big nose.

"Oh-Oh my god" Alex managed to choke out.

Suddenly Alex felt lightheaded and the room started to spin around and he collapsed into Jack's arms.

~|~

Alex woke up in his old room where he painted in Toy Factory when he was small.

It was a dream, after all. Alex thought.

How would it be possible that his Jack was in Toyland. Even if he was, he would have no idea Alex was here and he definitely would not have been climbing Alex's balcony. Alex sighed and tried to shift further into the couch. That was, until he felt something warm pressed against his back.

Confused, Alex turned around and came face to face with Jack's sleeping form.

Once again, Alex was shocked. Jack was here with him. It wasn't a dream. His Jack is in Toyland with him. After almost eleven years they finally see each other again. And they're spooning.

That's a whole lot of information for Alex to process.

As if on cue, Jack started to stir from his deep slumber and his eyelids fluttered open.

"Oh. Good, you're finally awake!" Jack sat up, untangling himself from Alex and missed the way Alex's face fell.

Alex chuckled timidly

"Uh yeah. Um, what happened after I passed out?"

There was a pause where Jack was trying to remember the events a few hours ago.

"You fell onto me when you fainted from your anxiety attack so I carried you to the couch," Jack said patting the couch they were now sitting on

"I just sat here waiting for you to wake up and I guess I kinda fell asleep.." Jack scratched his neck sheepishly

Alex nodded.

"Oh and while you were out there were some of those card soldiers circling outside near the far side of the Factory. I'm guessing that's probably your room or something"

"Shit!" Alex panicked

"What? what?" Jack questioned, eyes a little wide at Alex's sudden outburst

"That means they know you're here! Oh fuck! We gotta go. Like, right now!"

Alex hurriedly scrambled to his feet while pulling Jack up as well.

"Wait what? We don't even have a decent plan yet!" Jack countered

"Well right now it's either run to somewhere else that's more safe than here or get caught by Carolina. We don't have time we have to go now."

Jack ran through all the possibilities of the two choices they had and there was a short silence before Alex grew impatient because seriously? They didn't have all the time in the world right then.

"Well?"

"Yeah, okay. The latter really doesn't sound that much appealing."

Alex suggested to climb out of the window since it would be the only way out that won't have soldiers walking around at this time. Which Jack was appalled by.

"What?!" Jack exclaimed,

"We are not jumping off a building on the third floor." He insisted

Alex had to resist hitting his head against the wall due to Jack's obliviousness.

"Jack," Alex spoke quietly like he was trying to suppress his outburst

"Did you not notice when you looked out the window before that we're not that high off the ground anymore?"

Jack walked over to the transparent object and peered out

"Oh. How did that happen" He laughed awkwardly

"The halls slant downwards? Remember?"

"Right... I knew that,"

"But it's still high!" Jack cried

"Oh for god's sake Jack what else can we do!"

Jack pondered a second and like a lightbulb clicking on top of his head the new plan shone bright in his mind.

"Do you have any clothes?"

~|~

"A-alex" Jack panted

Jack was on top of Alex and he desperately needed Alex's help on his problem, well, more so fear.

"My gosh Jack just hurry up!" Alex whined

"But- but I'm scared it'll hurt!" He stammered

"It's not going to hurt that much! All your weight will be on me so I'll be supporting you. My arms are already getting tired right now from staying like this for so long." Alex said, clearly annoyed at Jack's resistance

"Alex... I'm still scared" Jack ducked his head

"It was your suggestion that we do this instead of my way." Alex reminded

"I know but I'm just..." Jack let out a shaky breath

"You better get down on me in 3 seconds or I'm leaving you like this." Alex threatened

"1"

Jack lowered a little bit

"2"

He sucked in a deep breath

"3!"

And Jack went for it

Jack screwed his eyes shut as Alex kept his eyes trained on Jack.

A small oh emitted from both boys' lips as Jack buried his head in the crook of Alex's neck

"Oh my god Alex!" Jack panted

Alex chuckled

It was finally over, thank any higher powers

"See! You were amazing Jack for overcoming your fear okay? And it didn't hurt that much as well!"

Jack was still kind of coming down from his high as Alex gently pushed at Jack's chest

"Jack get off me you're heavy." Alex grinned

"Shut up! I'm skinnier than you." Jack retorted as he climbed off Alex

He stared up at the makeshift rope hanging out of the window he just jumped off of. (gotcha ;D)

They had just got out of Toy Factory unharmed and it was a very lucky thing that Alex kept extra clothes in his old room. Due to Alex's lack of long or large articles of clothing the rope only got halfway down the Factory. It took Jack a full 10 minutes to just climb out the window and hold on to the rope to climb down. It took another 10 minutes for Jack to gather up his courage and finally jump into Alex's arms.

"I didn't die." Jack breathed

"Yeah but we don't have that much time to think about that." Alex said as he brushed to dust off of him

"Yeah, okay lets go."

Jack paused his steps

"Wait where are we going..."

Alex thought for a moment

"Uhh, somewhere..."

Jack giggled

"Alex running away with me to... SOMEWHERE IN NEVERLAND!" He screamed

"Shut up Jack! They'll hear!" Alex hissed

"And, it should be somewhere in Toyland" Alex grinned cheekily

~|~

All throughout the walk to anywhere, Jack filled Alex in on how his life have been without him.

He told Alex how he never got closure. He told Alex how he tried to forget him. he told Alex how he kept all his things locked in the drawer. he told Alex how distant he became. He told Alex how he became an asshole to people. He told Alex how he went through school. He told Alex how his parents probably don’t even care where he was right now, if they even noticed. He told Alex how much he missed him.

“I-I-I missed you too,” Alex stuttered

“Everyday.”

Both humans stopped walking and just gazed into each other’s eyes. They stayed like that for what seemed like hours and moments later Alex was leaning in and Jack felt firm lips pressed against his own thin ones.

Jack stared at Alex’s closed eyes and froze.

Alex coughed awkwardly after he pulled away and looked at the ground that seemed to very interesting at that moment.

“Why’d you do that?” Jack asked, genuinely confused, after a moment’s silence

“I- I don’t know. It just felt right. I’m sorry if you felt offended or disgusted it was a spur of the moment and I-”

Alex was cut off with Jack’s lips pressed on his again.

Jack moaned into the kiss when Alex finally gathered himself and kissed back. Alex opened his mouth and Jack immediately pushed his tongue in. His tongue ran over the roof of Alex’s mouth while Alex wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled them closer together. Both boys moaned into the kiss as Jack’s hand slid under Alex’s shirt.

“Jack...” Alex pulled away

“Mm?”

“Not now. Not here.”

Jack couldn’t hide his disappointment but he knew Alex was right.

They walked in silence with their hands clasped together. Jack noticed Toy Castle had many aspects of it being hearts. Jack looked up and admired how beautiful the night sky of Toyland was. It was pitch black with some blurry lighting from the Toy Factory in the distant.

“Alex?” Jack looked over at Alex

“Yeah Jack?” Alex turned his head to face Jack as well

“Why does Toy Castle have so many heart shape?”

Alex explained to Jack that Carolina was really fond of hearts, therefore all the heart card soldiers and heart shape windows and gates. Carolina loved the colour and shape because it actually looked nothing like a real heart. It was a made up shape that resembled nothing. It was rather ironic, Jack thought. How someone so heartless and cold loved hearts and even made heart card soldiers to steal hearts away.

“Well this whole situation is totally not ironic.” Jack said

Alex laughed then stopped abruptly.

“We’ll sleep here for now.” Alex nodded towards what seemed to be a small cave

“we’re far enough right now. We can think of a decent plan and what we’ll do after we get some sleep, alright?” Alex assured when they both lied down on the floor, resuming their previous position on the couch back in Toy Factory. The two humans slowly drifted to off to sleep.

~|~

“Jack” Someone whispered

“Jack” This time louder

“Wake up”

Jack snapped his eyes open when he felt a jab to his left forearm.

“what the fucking hell!” Jack yelled

“Hello Jack.” A pretty and quite young woman emerged from the darkness. She was wearing a black gown and a black headdress. She was indeed beautiful.

“Carolina”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay wow this took a long time. You guys are amazing for just reading this let alone subscribing!

Um so the next chapter or maybe a chapter in the near future would be pretty much just a written version of the Desperate Measures music video or the Haven't Had Enough music video so if you guys wanna see what it would be then you can go watch it. Also, if you want see what Carolina looks like above (if you haven't creepily searched it already) she's wearing the dress from the end bit of Haven't Had Enough. I just noticed there's a lot of dialogue in it and I'm not sure if I like how it is but I'm lazy so imma just leave it

Comments would be lovely and thank you as always