You Are My Boat And I Am Your Sea

One

I giggled as he hugged me tighter. He knew I loved it when he hugged me. He was going to leave soon and felt bad about barely spending time with me. He thought money couldn't buy my love. He liked making up for it by spending time with me. While he was off tour, he almost never had a moment with me. We did everything together. He liked to pretend we're married. We would walk around with fake rings, acting like a young-and-in-love freshly minted couple. He kept holding me. We sat down on the hotel couch while I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you so much" he said quietly.

"You have no idea how much I missed you..." I said.

"Because you never told me. How is it when I'm not around?" he curiously asked.

"Well... I get really lonely and I keep wanting to call you but I remember that you're playing."

"Really? That's it?" he asked.

"No but I'm tired and don't want to go into detail about how bad I get when you're not around" I tiredly said.

"Alright then sweetheart. You should rest. We can talk later. Do you want to go for an adventure tomorow?"

"Where to?"

"Something huge and exciting, somewhere far off, away from here."

"What do I pack?" I curiously asked with a hint of laughter in my voice.

"Anything you might like but pack light!"

"Alright baby I will" I said with a smile. Being around him made me happy. It was like he was the only thing I needed. I almost fell asleep in his arms. He woke me up and told me he'd take me home. I checked my wristwatch.

"It's midnight!" I exclaimed.

"And?"

"And?! My parents will kill me! I can't go home now!" I freaked out.

"I keep forgetting you're only seventeen."

"Maybe I'll go to my friend's house and say I got carried away" I said, formulating my plan.

"Or you can tell them that you were with me and lost track of time" he said. He was honest where it counted. He drove me home, sent me to bed and explained to my parents that we caught traffic on the way back from the movies. He was partially honest where it involved him.

...

I woke up the next day to my phone ringing loudly. Startled, I sleepily picked it up.

"Hello?" I said in a drowsy voice.

"Good morning Sunshine!" he cheerily greeted me.

"Oh good morning Dan. Why are you calling me so early?" I still hadn't fully woken up.

"It's 8 o'clock, which is early for me too, but you need to get ready for our adventure!"

I sprung out of bed and pulled over my robe.

"I'll call you when I get out of the bathroom!" I said, blowing him a kiss and hanging up the phone. I ran to the bathroom, showered and dressed in shorts, sandals and a band tee. I got my floral bag and packed all the things I believed were necessary for a surprise excursion. I called my boyfriend and waited for him outside.

"Hello sweetheart" he said with a warm smile as he smoothly stepped out of his Dark-Knight-tinted Charger. He walked up to me and held me in his arms.

"Alright, let's go." We entered the vehicle and drove away.

"So, where we going?" I asked.

"You've picked up bad grammar from the Yanks" he complained.

"No changing the subject, Grammar Nazi. Where are we going?"

"You'll see soon enough" he said with a smile.