You Are My Boat And I Am Your Sea

Two

He pulled out of my driveway and headed south. I wondered where we could possibly have been going.

"Dan, tell me, where are we going? I'm curious."

"I can't tell you just yet, love. You'll see when we get there" he said. I never really was a patient girl. I was somewhat patient with Daniel. I turned on the radio for some road trip music. From the corner of my eye I could see him make this sort of grimace that made his face scrunch up like a pug.

"Don't do that. You look like a dog" I chuckled.

"But, I don't like it" he whined. He was always a child around me when I told him what to do.

"Then just say so."

"It's not my fault that American radio lacks taste and class" he objected. I laughed in agreement.

"Do you have some sort of 'road trip CD'?" I curiously asked.

"Actually, yesterday morning I made a playlist of songs I love. Of course I put in your favourites as well" he said, plugging in his phone to the auxiliary jack so it blasted through the car.

"You just had to" I laughed. "We'll drive around with the windows down and the music blasting, singing along at the top of our lungs and laughing, being young, wild and free."

"How is it that you explain things better than I do?" He asked.

"I dream. I'm a dreamer."
It was true. I spent so much time daydreaming I was almost detached from reality. Our relationship, at times, seemed too perfect to be true. I often asked myself how I had even ended up in it. Not only did I have the man of my dreams, he was absolutely perfect for me. He'd always sing me my favorite love songs, buy me cheap gifts, take me to my favorite places and most of all, he'd spend time with me. Quality time. Just sitting down with some tea and talking. Talking about everything. I loved spending time with him. My love grew deeper and more intense. I always learned something new around him. He made me happy. He made me genuinely happy.

Which was why I dreaded being apart from him. He'd always sing "Cemetery Weather" by Isles and Glaciers before he left. And he'd have what he called 'last dinner', where he would take me out to dinner the night before his departure. Just the two of us. It was so perfect, so magical, so unreal. I cherished every moment with him and sipped it slowly 'till it dried up. I loved him. I loved him a love to much for words.

"Then you'll dream up what we'll do on this trip because I haven't a clue" he laughed.
I looked at him sweetly, so caught up in how in love I am with this wonderful man. He was looking straight at the road, he was quite responsible, but he could feel me admiring him.

"Star-struck?" he asked.

"No. I'm just thinking. Thinking about how I am possibly the most lucky girl on the face of this planet. I can't even believe I am with the man of my dreams right now. It seems so unreal!"

"Yet it is, darling."

He put one hand on the wheel, another around me and drove off, into uncharted territory. Who knew what awaited? I certainly did not. We made it up along the way.

We were going to have the time of our lives.

...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll add more to this chapter. I'm on my mobile, excuse the typos.
If you read his dialogue with a south English accent, it'll make more sense.