Follow Me

No safety or surprise, the end

After leaving Anna’s parents’ house, I walk back to my hotel room. I walk into the room and saw that Bucky is no where in sight and The End by The Doors is playing softly through the room. That’s weird, I think to myself, Bucky hates The Doors. I walk further into the room and notice a white piece of paper on the desk. I walk over and pick it up before reading it. Got Him. was the only thing written on the piece of torn paper. I feel my heart stop a bit as I hear a noise behind him. I pull out my concealed gun and turn around, aiming at the door. There stands two SHIELD agents; Romanoff and Barton. “I should have known you assholes were behind this.” I mutter as I drop my gun and get onto the off; putting my hands behind my back, ready to be cuffed.

“You think you could have really gotten far?” Barton asks as he cuffs me. “We’ve got a close eye on you, Danek.”

“Of course you do.” I say, letting out a humorless chuckle while Barton pulls me roughly onto my feet. “I’m obviously a serious threat.”

“We’re being serious Natayla.” Natasha states as we begin walking out the room. “You’re not getting away from us again.”

“Tell me where Bucky is and I’ll do whatever you ask of me.” I tell them.

“We don’t have Bucky.” She tells me. “We followed you because Dan Sanders told us your whereabouts.”

“But he’s not here and there was a note telling me whoever has Bucky, took him.” I explain as they push me into an elevator.

“He probably left you before he got himself into trouble.” Barton chuckles. At that point in time, I can feel my heart stop. They were telling the truth, I can feel it. But if they don’t have Bucky, who does?

We get to HQ and Natasha is pushing me through the doors. I instantly see Steve and Anna; waiting. Anna looks at me with sympathy in her eyes. She knows who did this and she is sincerely sorry. Steve looks at me with questioning eyes as I’m being pushed into the cell area and once again I’m behind bars thanks to the life I lead this time, I’ve got no hope on getting out. And at this point I don’t want to. A life without Bucky isn’t a life worth living…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: The End by The Doors