‹ Prequel: The Secret
Status: Slowly but surely.

After The Storm

Chapter One.

Everyone gathers around in the living room and I sit with my arm securely wrapped around Abby’s back.

“So… As you can see, Abby had a baby… My baby… And we’re going to be getting back together. I’m divorcing Heather. I know you all probably think I’m making a mistake or made a mistake and I did. And that mistake was leaving the woman I’m madly in love with.” I quickly ramble and Abby and I both look around the room nervously.

My brothers all chuckle at me and I look at them confused before looking to my mother.

I see her smiling at us both. “I knew you weren’t happy with Heather, Jordan. You acted different. Different than you did when you were with Abby. I didn’t say anything though because I didn’t want to stop you from living your own life. But I’m glad you figured it out now.”

I can’t help but smile widely at her and Abby looks up to me with a smile too.

“I love you” she whispers.

“I love you too” I smile and softly kiss her lips.

I pull back and sit up. “Mom, I can tell you want to hold her” I chuckle and Abby sits up too. My mom quickly nods and Abby carefully stands up and gently sets Emma in her arms.

“She’s so beautiful” my mom gasps.

I smile proudly and Tanya and Lindsay quickly gather around her and look down to Emma with smiles. Abby smiles back at me and sits down next to me again. I take her hand in mine and hold it in my lap as I look around the room. This feels right. This is my family, every single person in this room and I am so blessed to have them all.

My parents and Marc leave within three days. Eric and Tanya stop over occasionally to check up on us and make sure we’ve got this whole “parenting” thing under our belts. I really appreciate it and I’m so glad I got traded down here.

I have to go back to practice today and I hate that I have to leave my girls.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay? I can skip if you want me to” I say as I follow Abby into the nursery.

“Jordan, it’s only two hours. We’ll be fine” she giggles as she carefully picks up a still sleepy Emma.

I let out a sigh because I know she’s right. I look down at Emma and can’t help but smile as her sleepy eyes look up to me. Her arms wiggle and I carefully take her out of Abby’s hold.

“Good morning, princess” I whisper as I place a soft kiss on her forehead. Her little hand grips my shirt and her eyes look into mine. “You are the most beautiful little girl I’ve ever seen. And you’re all mine” I whisper to her.

Her arms squirm as I hold her and I kiss her once more before handing her over to Abby and heading to practice.

I bolt out of there as soon as it’s over and I rush home, making sure to steer clear of any media since all they care about is Heather and Abby. My personal life is none of their business but they still feel the need to get into everything.

“I’m home!” I call out as I walk into the front door.

“Shh!” Abby hisses from the couch and Emma starts crying immediately following.

“Shit babe, I’m sorry” I whisper as I quickly wall over.
“It’s fine, Jordan” she groans. I carefully take Emma out of her arms and sit down in the rocking chair.

“Shh, baby girl. It’s okay, daddy’s here” I whisper and softly kiss her head. Her fusses start to quiet down and I can’t help but smile widely. Maybe this wasn’t as hard as I thought. Abby kisses my head and walks into the kitchen with Sadie following. She let her outside and I rock Emma until she fell asleep. I hold her for a while before laying her down in her cradle and coming into the kitchen.

“You’re amazing with her” Abby whisper as I wrap my arms around her waist. I blush and shake my head.

“I try my best, but I’m not amazing” I whisper and kiss her cheek. She giggles and hands me my lunch.

“I’m really so glad that we’re finally back together, Abs” I admit as I start to eat.

“I am too, Jordan” she smiles and leans across the counter to kiss me. I smile into her lips and pull back when my phone vibrates.

“I’m pregnant” the text reads. From Heather…
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I kept you all waiting so long! And sorry for the cliffhanger ;) let me know what you think please!!

-Tori