‹ Prequel: The Secret
Status: Slowly but surely.

After The Storm

Chapter Two.

“Babe, whats wrong?” Abby whispers when she sees how much my face and my mood just dropped.

I quietly groan and let out a sigh. She’s going to find out eventually so why not now. I quietly slid my phone over to her and she looked down at it confused.

Her face drops, just like mine did and she goes silent. She slowly nods her head and quietly walks out of the kitchen.

“Babe” I groan and grab her arm gently. “Don’t be upset” I sigh and rub my face.

“I’m not. I knew this was possible but I thought you used protection” she whispers and I can see how upset she really is.

“Baby, we did! I don’t know how this happened!” I groan.

“You know what this means, right? That she’s always going to be there. She’s always going to be in your life!” Abby whispers upset.

I sigh and rub my face.

“Maybe it’s not mine” I whisper looking over at her.

“Like hell it isn’t Jordan!” she blurts out sadly.

“No, Abby! We barely had sex! She was always a bitch before bed and we barely did anything! It can’t be mine cause it’s been like three months!” I quickly blurt out and grab my phone again.

“Are you sure?” Abby whispers and grabs my hand gently.

“Yes baby, I’m positive. She’s either lying or she cheated on me” I whisper and kiss her forehead before bringing her into a tight hug.

“How are you going to find out?” She whispers as she grips onto my shirt.

“I don’t know, babe. But I will, okay? I promise. I’m going to clear this up and we’ll be back to normal” I whisper and kiss the top of her head softly.

“Hey, meet me at the diner at 9?” I text Heather as I get up and make my way to the bathroom.

“Fine” she replies. I set my phone down and hop into the shower. Once I finish I wrap the towel around my waist and walk into the bedroom where I see Abby walking in with Emma.

“Good morning” I smile when I see them both and I go over, kissing their heads.

“Good morning daddy” Abby giggles and waves Emma’s little hand at me. I smile widely and Emma’s eyes shoot up to me and a little smile forms on her lips.

“Where are you going?” Abby asks curiously when she sees me walk into the closet and start to get changed.

“I’m going to meet Heather” I sigh quietly.

“Why?” she asks with a frown.

“To sort this thing out, Abs” I sigh as I pull my tshirt over my head.

She says nothing more and goes over by the window and sits in her chair to feed Emma.

“I’ll be home in a little bit. I love you, Abby” I say softly and lift her chin to kiss my lips.

“I love you too, Jordan” she says quietly and I kiss Emma’s head before leaving.

I pull into the diner and wait in my car until I see Heathers car pulling in. I pull m hat down and get out, meeting her at the door. The waitress leads us over to a table in the back and hands us our menus before grabbing us some orange juice.

“So what do you want?” Heather asks coldly.

“Heather, I’m not stupid. We haven’t had sex in three months. I know youre not pregnant. At least not with my baby” I say simply and look across the table to her. Her eyes widen a bit, but she thinks I don’t notice.

“I’m four months pregnant, Jordan” she shrugs and smirks at me.

“Really? Prove it. Wheres the test?” I ask firmly.

“I don’t carry around pregnancy tests, Jordan!” she snaps with a roll of her eyes.

“Then lets go buy one. Or since youre four months, you had to have gone to the doctor. Let me see the paper work” I demand.

“I don’t have paperwork” she mumbles and glares across to me.

“Then get some, dammit! I know you’re not really pregnant, Heather! You haven’t gained one pound. Now admit it or I’m calling a lawyer and he’s going to make you take a test!” I threaten, starting to get angry with her.

“Why should I admit that, Jordan? So you can run off and be with that stupid homewrecker and that little brat?” she snarls.
“Don’t you fucking dare talk about my family like that” I snap angrily.

“Or what, Jordy?” she smirks, obviously testing me.

I glare at her and slam my fists down on the table. “Admit that youre not pregnant Heather” I mumble through gritted teeth.

“No can do, babe.” She smirks.

“Then I’m calling my lawyer. He’ll take care of this” I simply shrug before getting up and leaving the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler. Let me know what you think, please please please