‹ Prequel: The Secret
Status: Slowly but surely.

After The Storm

Chapter Four

I walk through the front door and drop my bag to the ground. I pack way too much because that bag should not be so heavy. I rub my shoulder a bit as I glance into the living room. No one.

“Babe?” I call out.

“Daddy!” I hear my favorite girl screech along with a hearty laugh from Abby. I let out a laugh myself as I hear those tiny footsteps running from the kitchen. I take a step into the foyer and smile when I finally see her.
“My princess!” I smile widely as she runs into my arms. I scoop her up before attacking her cute little face with a million sweet kisses.

“Daddy!” she giggles loudly and starts to squirm in my arms.

“Okay okay, I’m done” I laugh when she pushes my face away. “Hi beautiful” I smile placing a soft kiss on Abby’s lips once she approaches me.

“I missed you” she smiles as she snakes her arms around my waist.

“I miss most!” Emma says firmly and squishes my cheeks in between the palms of her hands.

“Oh did you?” I chuckle as Abby playfully rolls her eyes.

“Ya daddy” Emma giggles as a tiny blush rises to her cheeks. I smile widely and kiss her cheek before carrying her to the living room.

“I brought you a present” I smile and plop down on the couch.

“Pesent?” she gasps and her eyes go wide with excitement.

“Yep! Close your eyes, baby girl” I smile widely. She shuts her eyes tightly and giggles excitedly, squirming around on the couch beside me. Abby laughs quietly as she watches us from the door way and I wink up at her before pulling a baby doll out of my bag.

“Okay, open them” I say after I set the doll in her arms. She looks down and lets out a loud screech.

“Dolly!” she screams excitedly and jumps off the couch before running over to Abby.

“Mama look!” she gasps and holds it up to Abby.

“OH my goodness, Emma! You got another baby! How are you going to take care of them all?” she giggles.

“I good mama!” Emma insists with a giggle before running over to her toys that are set up on the other side of the living room. I smile to myself as I watch her before pulling Abby into my lap.

“You spoil her, Jordan” she whispers as she wraps her arms around my neck and her fingers start gently running through my hair.

“No I don’t” I mumble looking up at her. She raises her eyebrow at me and motions to the cluttered corner filled with all of Emma’s toys. Okay, maybe I do. But who could blame me? She’s the cutest thing in the world and I love her more than life. I have to buy stuff for her. It’s a dad’s job to spoil his little girl, right? Maybe…

I let out a groan and bury my face into her chest. “Can’t you just tell me how much you missed me?” I mumble with a groan, causing Abby to laugh.

“I missed you so much, baby” she smiles and hugs my neck tightly. “Our big bed was so lonely without you.”

“Our bed won’t be lonely tonight” I smirk up at her, wiggling my eyebrows with a laugh.

“You’re such a dog” she laughs and rolls her eyes at me, gently hitting my chest. I laugh and catch her hand and hold it to my heart.

“No, Sadie’s a dog. I’m just your husband that likes to have sex with you” I smirk and kiss her passionately.

She kisses me back slowly and softly until we hear Emma screech out a loud “ewie!” We both pull away with a laugh and look over only to see her standing there giggling with her hands over her eyes.

“Mommy and daddy kissing is not ewie!” I laugh.

“Yes is!” she giggles loudly. I chuckle and kiss Abby quickly before going over to play with Emma. Sadie follows Abby to the kitchen to work on dinner and I sit down on the floor.

Emma starts piling toys in my lap, telling me to play with this and then this. Then she wants to play house and then adventure and then princesses. The girl can’t make up her mind! If I wasn’t tired enough from the road trip and the extra long delayed flight, Emma will make sure to tire me out.

I love it though. I love playing with her and seeing how excited she gets. She really is the cutest little girl in the world. Abby says she looks like me, but other than the blonde hair and blue eyes she’s practically identical to Abby when she was a baby. I know she’s going to be a handful when she’s older; boys are going to be chasing her like crazy. Too bad she’s not allowed to date until she’s thirty-two.

“Dinner’s ready” Abby calls from the kitchen.

“Dinner” I gasp, causing Emma to quickly mock my gasp and jump up. I stand up and throw her over my shoulder. She laughs loudly and I tickle her side a bit as I run into the kitchen.

“Mama save!” Emma laughs and squirms around hitting my back.

“I’m coming, baby!” Abby laughs and rushes over. She tries to take her from me but I quickly reach over and tickle her side with my free hand.

“Jordan!” she screeches with a laugh and quickly slaps my hand away.

“You’re not allowed to take her!” I laugh and start tickling Emma again. Emma lets out a loud scream before laughing until she can barely breathe.

“Daddy” she screeches. Sadie jumps up and immediately runs over and starts barking at me.

“Oh, looks like Sadie wants me to stop. I’m not gonna mess with her. You got lucky this time, kid” I tease as I set Emma into her chair.

“Tank ya Sadie” Emma giggles and leans over her chair to kiss Sadie’s head. I’m so glad Sadie has taken to her so well. I was afraid Sadie would get jealous or just hate her like she does everyone else. but thankfully Sadie loves her like she’s her own. She would give her life for that girl and it makes leaving for road trips a little easier knowing that she’d protect my girls.

Once we’re done eating dinner Emma walks off with Sadie and I help Abby clean up the kitchen. We wash the dishes together and then head to the living room where Emma is curled up on the couch with Sadie.

“Is someone sleepy?” Abby smiles as she walks over to the couch.

“Wittle bit” Emma whispers with a small nod.

“Well let’s get you in some jammies. Babe, can you let Sadie out for a bit?” she asks as she picks up Emma. I nod and let Sadie out the back door before heading upstairs. I go to Emma’s room and quietly stand in the doorway watching as Abby gets Emma dressed.

“Daddy” Emma yawns when she sees me.

“Hey, beautiful” I smile softly coming over. She reaches her arms up for me and I carefully pick her up. She lets out a yawn and rubs her eyes sleepily. I kiss her head before gently laying her down in her bed. Abby pulls the blankets up over her before going downstairs to get Sadie.

“Daddy wead” Emma mumbles sleepily. I nod and take the book of the nightstand before laying down in bed beside her. I get through about five pages before she’s sound asleep. I carefully get up and tuck her in, placing a soft kiss on her head.

“Goodnight, princess. I love you so much” I whisper before leaving the room. I walk out and Sadie runs past me and into Emma’s room for the night. I catch Abby walking up and snake my arms around her waist.

“Finally mommy daddy time” I growl into her ear and tug her into the bedroom. She lets out a quiet giggle before gently shutting the bedroom door.

“My favorite thing about road trips is the night after I come home” I smirk and grab her waist, immediately pulling her chest to mine.

She lets out a quiet laugh and wraps her arms around my neck before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“When do you want another baby?” she whispers pulling away before I’m even able to deepen the kiss.

“Abs” I groan a bit and whine leaning back in towards her lips.

“Jordan, just answer it” she whines a bit pulling her face back again.

“I don’t know. Why?” I groan a bit looking down to her.

“Well… I don’t know. I mean, I’m kinda ready for another one” she whispers and I can tell she’s nervous by the way she avoids eye contact with me.

“You would be able to handle another baby when I’m gone?” I ask softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Yeah, I think so” she whispers with a nod. “And Emma will be starting preschool soon anyway” she adds in.

“Yeah, I guess you have a point. If I agree does that mean we can try every night?” I tease, but inside I am nothing but serious. I’m a guy, what do you expect?

“Yes, every night” she giggles and kisses me quickly.

“Then let’s have a baby!” I say quickly picking her up and tossing her onto the bed.

She laughs but I can tell by the big smile on her face that she’s more than excited. I am too, but part of me can’t help but be nervous. I feel like I’m barely even around for Emma. I can’t imagine how Abby will take care of two kids practically on her own. Don’t get me wrong, she’s an amazing mom. But I don’t want her to feel stressed or over whelmed. I know we can do this though. We’re Staal’s. Staal’s are tough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! I might stop here. Unless i get enough feed back to do one more chapter into the future.