Hiatus

o1.

Every night, there was a different town and a new sea of people crashing around in front of me. No matter how many times I got up on this stage and performed, it was like time slowed down in front of me.

Ben, Cameron, and Sam's guitars seemed to roar louder in my ears while the drums that James relentlessly banged on behind me made my head pound and feel heavy. My own voice seemed to resonate through my soul and make my body hum with excitement. But the most exhilarating moment was seeing the crowd in front of me.

They all seemed to blur together as one, moving as one large entity in the pit just below my feet. I felt like a deity standing over them, looking down on them with pride and adoration. These people who were so dedicated to supporting my band mates and myself made my heart swell so much in these moments that I thought it'd burst like a fucking supernova.

I couldn't see through the sweat that poured in my eyes, I wiped hastily at it to be able to take in everything I could in this moment. Even though I knew I'd experience it tomorrow night, the night after, and the night after that, each show was unique with its fans and venue. I wanted to take it all in and be able to think about each individual show, I wanted to be able to remember faces.

The flashing of the giant double A's behind me lit the room up in an almost odd shade of green and white and then submerging the venue in darkness for a brief moment. It was almost like the A's were cameras, with every flash was a different memory that captured itself in my mind. The smells of cigarettes, alcohol, and sweat were overwhelming to my sense of smell, making it a little harder to breathe.

With every flash, it was like father time was slowing time down a little bit further. It was like he just knew that I wanted to keep these moments for life.

Flash

The smell of cigarettes, sweat, and alcohol made my nose sting and burn.

Flash

The sound of the music and screams and jeers of the crowd reverberated through my head, etching deep into the folds of my brain.

Flash

My throat ran dry from screaming, my tongue coated in whiskey, and my lips tasted like cigarettes.

Flash

The sweat clung to my skin like a protective layer and the microphone threatened to slip out of my damp hands.

Flash

My chest burned and my head throbbed from screaming so much.

Flash

My vision blurred from the drinks I'd had before the show. I watched as the bodies below me thrashed and pushed against each other, moving together as one to the time of the music.

Flash

It was almost like time had taken a hiatus just long enough for me to capture this entire moment. It couldn't have been longer than one minute, but it felt like an hour. This was my reality and I'd do it tomorrow, the next night, and the next. And this entire process would repeat itself. I could never get enough of these frozen moments. This was Heaven on Earth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wee~ this kind of turned out icky, but I'm not going to second guess myself. Whahey, and if you didn't catch the POV it's an Asking Alexandria fic through the eyes of Danny Worsnop.