Sometimes...

33

"Do you need me to give you a rise to the ER or something? It's totally fine if you do?" the girl asked and I smiled shaking my head as Bryony slept on my shoulder. "Jayne don't worry! She's got a graze on her knee, grass stained palms. She's fine" I answered her as Hannah passed me a towel from Brett and I smiled wiping the blood that was in Bryony's knee and the grass from her legs.

"Shouldn't someone check her out?" "Jenna's a nurse!" Hannah reassured Jayne as she sat down and I saw Ben leant against the barriers. I walked over to him "She's fine, you know she's a wimp who cries over nothing sometimes. It's stopped bleeding, she'd only taken the top off it really. It's nothing" I reassured him and he took the towel out my hand kissing me before walking back to his friends.

I sat down brushing Bryony's hair out her eyes smiling at her sleeping still, "So has everyone settled in here?" I asked and the others started talking "Oh there's a petting zoo near where we used to live and the kids loved it, they keep asking to go and I keep saying next time. I feel awful" one of the younger girls mentioned and I smiled. "I keep Bryony occupied with the dog but she doesn't have a huge interest in him anymore, Ben wants to open our own petting zoo I think! Oh Bryony looks at an animal and he's all 'Bryony would you like one for a pet?' I could smack him so hard sometimes" I joked as Hannah laughed.

"So have you guys all found jobs yet?" Hannah asked and they started talking about work and the lack of working some of them did. "Oh the college here is good! Ben and I both went there, I felt bad because I wanted to be here and he maybe wanted to be somewhere else" I admitted moving Bryony on my lap.

"So what do you do at home with your daughter, it gets frustrating doesn't it?" Jane smiled and I laughed "Beyond frustrating! I just want to go out and work but I can't and what makes it worse is that I've been waiting years for it now! I work from home as a reader and all that for a publishing company but the job I've always wanted and that I've studied for is nursing but I chose to stay with Bryony until she started school. I basically get my wings in a few months so I'm excited!" I explained as Hannah laughed.

"I'm sorry it's just Jenna always makes me laugh, she's the most caring and sensible person with injury until its Ben then she's either completely irrational and panics or she tells him to shut up and get on with it. His nurse she ain't!" Hannah teased as I grinned.

The guys all walked back over sitting with us when Bryony woke up "Hey you" Ben said quietly to her and she hid in my neck making me smile. "Oh daddy's not mad anymore, are you daddy?" "No! I'm sorry I shouted at you Bryony, but you can't just cry" he replied and she looked at him in the look that always got daddy where she wanted him and he smiled.

"Sorry" he offered kissing her cheek and she glared at him "Oh Bryony grumpy! Give daddy a kiss" I stated and she sighed kissing his cheek and he laughed taking her from me. "Let's look at your injury then?" he asked and she pointed to her knee and he looked shocked kissing it and she leant back into his chest watching everyone talking.

"Well it was great meeting everyone but we've got to head off!" Ben stood up and we said bye before he took Bryony to the car. "Do you guys want to come around for dinner tonight?" I suggested and Brett nodded, "We'll be there about 5 ish" he replied before I walked over getting in the car.