Sometimes...

34

I was out in the back yard with Monty when I saw Ben leant against the wall on the phone and he didn't look amused, I heard the doorbell and walked inside to see Ben pointing to the door and I opened it to see Brett and Hannah. "Hello you two! Sorry we has to leave so soon but Monty was home alone" I apologised and they both shook their heads as they walked in and I saw Ben wave at them.

"Look I'm busy right now! Don't you dare call back either!" he growled slamming the phone down "Oh I do excuse you Mr Roethlisberger" Hannah teased and he never paid attention. "Ben!" Brett said but nothing so I walked over to him, "Ben what's up?" I asked nudging him and his eyes shot to me "Oh erm nothing! Stupid pointless calls, it was one of them 'I can offer you insurance' people" he said quickly and I looked at him. "Honestly they do my head in! I don't need your insurance! I have it covered myself thank you very much!" he added and I nodded slowly as the others laughed, okay so Ben was lying!

Bryony came running in from her room and Ben scooped her up pretending to throw her at Brett making her laugh as I wandered to the kitchen. I saw someone stood at my side and looked to see Hannah "Are you okay?" I nodded "Fine! I'm just you know nervous about this interview in a couple weeks time. Go back through to them I'm nearly finished" I smiled and she walked off. Why would Ben lie like that to me? He came walking in as my thoughts trailed off "Ben what was that about on the phone?" "I said insurance already! Why?" he quizzed his eyes watching the backyard through the window.

"You sure? You've not got anything to tell me?" "Nope! Well I could tell you I love you" he laughed kissing my cheek walking back into the dining room. I watched him feeling sick, Ben never lied about anything! He always told me the truth, I forced myself to take the dinner in and I sat as Ben helped Bryony with her food before eating his own.

I spent the whole evening off from everyone and Bryony came and sat with me to watch tv, I sighed hugging her against me. I took her to bed later kissing her cheek "Night sweetheart! See you in the morning, love you" I smiled walking out as Ben wandered in to say goodnight.

I sat down on the couch ignoring his presence until he elbowed me, "What?" I snapped at him and his eyes widened. "What did I do?" he said confused and I walked away from him, he wandered into the kitchen after me. "Your a dick Ben! You think after 8 years you can get away with that shit?" I growled and he looked surprised, "What are you on about?" he stated and I shook my head as my eye stung from tears.

"8 years Ben and you think this will wash? Don't do this!" I tried to sound angry but it did come out begging sounding. "Jenna are you talking crap or what?" he laughed and I slammed my hand on the side "Don't lie to me Ben! Them shifty eyes, the non eye contact, the massive attempt to cover up, over talking on a subject and the 'I love you' tell me what you're up to so just be honest with me!" I yelled at him and he sighed.

"What do you think is going on here Jenna you idiot! I'm maybe lying but I'm trying to do the right thing here" he reasoned and I shook my head laughing. "That's up there with the 'I tripped and fell!' 'It was an accident'" I argued and he smiled, "Jenna I'm not doing anything, look the phone call was for you not me! Look Jenna that was your dad on the phone" he explained.