Sometimes...

35

I stared at the wall "The phone call was who?" I mumbled, "Your dad, I was trying to do the right thing. Buy some time before telling you and I didn't plan on you going all mind reader on me" he admitted and I looked at him. "What does he want?" I asked "I didn't really let him get that far, he asked for a Jenna Henley. I wasn't sure what to do or say, did I do the wrong thing?" he replies looking worried and I sighed.

"I don't know! I don't know, I just..." I trailed off and he hugged me against him. Worlds could fall apart and I'd still feel safe right here, my head on his chest and his arms around me. "Look I have his number! I can call him back, we can find out where he lives?" he suggested and I stated at his chest.

"Why now? What's he want? How much does he need this time?" I mumbled "What?" he asked pulling me to look at him. I panicked before groaning "He knows I'm married, he knows about Bryony! In college I got a letter from him saying he was ill and some sob story. I fell for it and well basically I gave him some money, my money before you ask and it was like $1000. I know what you'll say but I believed he was ill! Turns out he wasn't ill at all" I explained and he sighed.

"Jenna! Look I could lie and say I'm okay with that but I'm not! We both worked our asses off and tried to get stuff for Bryony and you were handing it out! But at the same time it's not your fault, if it's money he wants this time he can ask me" he said and I looked at the floor. "Tell you one thing, he's getting nowhere near that little girl. I'll take him" Ben stated and I laughed kissing his cheek.