Sometimes...

37

I sat in front of the tv not taking it in as Ben sat on the chair staring at the screen intently, my eyes wandered to him watching him as he watched the TV. He sighed leaning into the chair that I knew made him uncomfortable but he was proving some form of point to me by sitting there, he stretched his knee a couple times before looking over at me and I smiled at him but he just turned back to the tv.

I saw Monty wander in the room an stare at Ben and he groaned "Yeah come on then" he said at him taking him outside. I had to give Ben his due, he said the dog would be trained and it was, it had better manners than most humans most days. He shuffled back in sitting back in his space, I stated at the wall beside me to see our wedding photo and I cracked.

Ben and I never held long arguments, I still cried when he shouted at me and he still over compensated for how I grew up. But the silent treatment from him for this long was too far, I wiped the tears from my eyes and he looked around rolling his eyes before holding his hand towards me and I grabbed it.

It stayed silent and I looked at him to see his eyes set on the tv screen again, "Ben how long is this lasting because if it's much longer then I'm going" I muttered and he sighed. "I'm not happy and you know it! You gave away what had no right to, we needed  that money and you handed it out! I went to work and so did you, I missed out on things for you and Bryony because we couldn't afford it and you gave your dad $1000" he lectured and I shook my head.

"No Jenna don't just shake your head! You crossed a line and it's not the money that matters it's the principal" he argued "Yeah well I understand I did the wrong thing but are we really going to keep this up all because of that? I thought he was seriously ill it's my like I just gave it to anyone for any reason! I'm sorry okay" I offered and he looked at me squeezing my hand.

"I know but do the record this isn't cool! You never do it again, I don't have an issue with you giving money to people but I do if it's money we can't afford and to liars" he growled and I nodded. "Right well it's done with now, punishment over. Stop crying we both know you don't need to! I gave you the silent treatment for a couple days, it's not like I packed your bags!" he joked grinning at me and I smiled pulling him towards me and he sat at my side letting me snuggle into his body.

Ben's fingers played with the ends of my hair before I fell asleep on him.