Sometimes...

39

She sighed as I handed Bryony her lunch watching her sit at the dining table eating. "Look I adore Brett and I want the best for him but if you're not sure then you need to be blunt and make him aware. It's better in the long run, plus you can talk to me about it, I do get this sort of thing; well kind of" I smiled as Bryony asked me a question and I answers her.

"I love him but I just wonder if I'm cut out for what he does and being apart" she reasoned and I nodded drinking some juice, "It's difficult, sometimes I'd give my right foot to have normal year with Ben but he loves football so I support him. It's a two way street" I reassured and she nodded. "I just can't get past my parents not liking him, it's too...hard for me" she complained.

"Mommy! Does granny not love daddy?" a voice asked and I laughed as Bryony jumped on my knee. "Don't be daft! Granny doesn't love daddy as much as she loves you but she loves daddy in her own way. Daddy loves you as well so who cares hey?" I replied and she nodded "Mommy can I take Monty in the backyard?" I nodded as she jumped down shouting him and running out with him.

"Maybe my choice was easier, what my parents think of Ben? Well I honestly couldn't give a toss! It's not them that lives with him, it's not them that has to play family with him so honestly their opinion counts for nothing" I explained as he looked at me. "Why?" "He's my husband, I'm not asking them to live with him and honestly when I needed someone to talk to it was Ben that appeared. My father cares for nothing in my life and it's Ben that I'll rely upon to protect her! My mother well she cares when she wants something and once again it's Ben who sticks up for us and does damage control with her as well" I sighed motioning towards Bryony.

"But..." "But nothing! It's Ben and Bryony that matter to me and I knew this was right when I felt that if he left I'd be screwed. I need him as much as I want him and well it's just complex but simple. I'm old fashioned, when you know you know" I answered and she smiled. "I presume being engaged down mean anything other than we want to commit more than we are but less than marriage" "Exactly! Look at him making you promises to make things right" I reasoned and she laughed.

"You should be a couples counsellor! You can talk people into anything, your diplomatic as well...well when you need to be!" she joked and I laughed "Oh I wish! Anyway less of the serious talk! Have you bought them shoes you wanted yet?" I smiled as Bryony say talking to Monty outside.

"Well I'll see you later! It was nice seeing you Bryony!" Hannah shouted the last bit and I heard Bryony shout bye. "Oh we'll here he is himself! Mr.Roethlisberger, how are you?" she asked as he walked down the drive "Oh better to be home and get some naps in but I have had a good day, you?" "Oh it's been good, I best get home anyway! Bye you guys!" she said walking off as Ben kissed me smiling.

"Bryony daddy is home!" he called and she screamed making him laugh "Come on let's go watch trashy kids tv and chill out" he mumbled kissing me again as I waved to Hannah before going inside collapsing on the couch with him and Bryony to watch tv.