Sometimes...

40

I put the phone down smiling before hearing the mail and picking it up seeing my name and opening it, my mood changed completely. I stormed back to the phone dialling the number on the bottom, "Hello?" a voice asked and I sighed "Do you not take no for an answer? What do you want this time? More money because you're not having any of it" I growled down the phone.

"Jenna? So you got my letter!" "Yes I did get it! Yes I know what was said and I stand behind him! You can't just waltz in and out of life wanting and taking without anything else. It's not fair on anyone" I argued and he tried to explain. I shook my head "You never asked about my life last time, you never cared at all that I might need that money I gave you. It was all about you, I don't need you in my life; none of us need you" I yelled at the phone.

"I never said your mother needed me but I'm your father, I want to be involved in your life. I want to know how college went, where you work, who you're going out with, I want all that" he reasoned and I sighed shaking my head. "When I said us I didn't mean mom! I meant my family! College was hard for me but I managed no thanks to you, I work from home, you want to know me? Well you missed out on that chance years ago, you missed out! I get that you fell out with mom but it wasn't my fault and yet I lost out. How was that fair?" I asked him and tried at an excuse.

"So you live in Pittsburgh now, why the move?" "I went to college hear and we live here for work. Mom still lives in Ohio, I take it you're still in Florida?" I said. "Yeah but I was hoping to come and see you, maybe I could fly up for a weekend or something?" he suggested, "Why? What are you hoping to gain? I can't give you money and I don't need a dad, you've not been around for years and I've got by" I replied.

"I don't want to miss out on your life" "You already missed out on the big points! Graduation, high school, college, boyfriends, prom, driving, sweet sixteen, moving out, marriage, first homes, first child and first jobs" I snapped back. "First child? Marriage? You've got married?" he quizzed and I groaned.

"Yes! I've been married 2 years, that was who spoke to you and before you ask yes I'm a mom. You can come here and you can try but you won't see anyone but me! You'll never get involved in my family, that money you took from me was meant for my family; I gave you the money that was rightly saved for my child" I growled. He stuttered "I have to go! Don't rig us again" I ordered slamming the phone down staring out into the back yard before I felt Monty sat at my side.

"Hey buddy, you're always there when I need a cuddle hey Monty" I smiled hugging him as he stayed sat there before letting him go and he laid down his head in my lap as I petted him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Steelers! The game's just finished and am very glad we won that one!