Sometimes...

42

"Bryony baby sit still daddy will be here in a minute" I instructed as she turned into the squirming inpatient child she had a tendency to do when sat at a game, she sighed crossing her arms across her chest pouting and I shook my head. "Look what mommy wore today" I smiled and she looked to see my scarf she'd bought me and she grinned at me grabbing one of the ends in her hands playing with it.

I saw the big screen change and I pointed to it, "You watch for daddy then and remember you gotta shout really loud yeah?" I asked and she nodded as her eyes glued to the screen, she loved going to games although I doubted she really understood football (I wasn't about to tell Ben that because he'd be upset his hours of teaching her hadn't worked out).

She shouted as she saw Ben come on the screen and I smiled waving at Hannah as she walked towards me with some of the other girls, "Hey ladies!" I called and they sat down "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Bryony yelled and I looked at her and she pointed as I nodded.

"I see daddy look!" "Yeah I see daddy too, remember daddy can't see you though" I reminded her as one time she refused to talk to him because he'd ignored her when he was actually on the big screen. "I know mommy! Daddy told me I had to make sure you behaved yourself tonight" "What?" I asked looking at her as she looked at Hannah nodding, "Daddy said I had to make sure you didn't go shouting for the fishes" she explained and I looked at her.

"Fishes? Bryony what are...did daddy say dolphins before he said fishes?" I laughed and she nodded "Okay mommy won't like fishes anymore, well I'll not like the fishes tonight just for daddy and you" I grinned at her as Hannah laughed. "So Miami Fishes it is then?" Hannah said and I laughed nodding, "Ben hates me when I support them! Anyway how is your life?" I quizzed as I saw Ben and the team run out and I smiled to myself.

We sat through the first half and Bryony started to sing along with a song, I was talking to one of the other girls when Bryony started to talk to Hannah about her friends and things she'd been doing recently. I missed football season, Ben got to do his thing, I got to watch him, Bryony got to watch her daddy and well I liked the social side of it all.

"Mommy daddy is coming outside again, are they winning?" she said and I nodded "Daddy's doing good" I replied and she smiled proud of her daddy, she was well and truly on 'daddy mode' at the moment. Nothing and no-one was going to stop her wanting to be everywhere daddy was, well until he told her off for something and then she'd be my best friends again, she was a fan of the good cop!

It got well into the 3rd quarter when I saw Ben hit the floor hard and some of the others go to help him up but then a hand shot in the air waving people over and I saw it was Heath Miller, people ran on to the field towards him and I nudged Hannah and she distracted Bryony as I stood up to get a better look. Ben was sat up with his head between his knees nearly and then he fell backwards on to the floor, they crowded him and I felt a wave of worry hit me.

They tried to pull his helmet off and he pushed them out the way with his hand but they kept trying and Heath pulled them back before arguing and shoving them out the way. Ben wasn't wanting to move and I looked at Hannah worried, Ben didn't stay down too long normally and I was starting to worry now. I sighed looking down as Bryony kept talking away to Hannah, I saw another man run onto the field and I shook my head "Hannah...take..." "I'll look after, go on! I'll distract her and tell her a few lies to keep her happy! Go on" she whispered and I disappeared quickly whilst she was busy talking to another wife.

I ran down the stands and towards some guys stood at the end, they looked at me and I rushed past them following a route I hated to take, in fact I dreaded making the journey. I reached the entrance "Can I..." "Jenna Roethlisberger, I need to see Ben now!" I growled at he guy stood there and he looked at me before letting me go past him and I ran down the corridor. I reached the room before the others did and saw the medical staff looking at me "He's coming in, they're just waiting until he wants to move himself" the guy reassured me and I shook my head "What's wrong with him? How bad is it?" I rushed out and he just looked at me before diverting his gaze to over my shoulder as I heard movement.

"I'm fine, leave me alone! What are you...Jenna!" he yelled before groaning and I turned towards him as he held his hand out and I smiled my work smile taking his hand as he gripped it, "Jenna, why are you here?" "I don't know Ben how about you start telling me what's wrong with you?" I asked as they sat him on a bed forcing him to lay down. They pulled his helmet off and my eyes widened temporarily before I forced myself to be calm, "That bad hey?" Ben laughed before grimacing and I shook my head.