Sometimes...

44

I rushed around getting Bryony out the door and I parked at the hospital walking inside, "Can I help you?" "Hi! I'm here to see my husband Mr. Roethlisberger?" I smiled at her and she nodded. "I'm afraid he was moved over night" "Let me guess he woke up and felt sick and then was?" I laughed quietly and she shrugged, "He's now in another ward and a different room" she replied telling me and I smiled walking off towards the new destination.

I saw a doctor stood at the fair end talking to a group of nurses "Excuse me! Could you help me please?" I asked and he looked at me "My husband was moved here last night, I was just wondering if there was an update on him" "Ahh, Mrs. Roethlisberger?" he asked after noticing me pointing towards Ben's room. I nodded "Yes Ma'am, he's fine and can go home at 4pm if he remains in the state he is. He was moved after complaining of feeling unwell and dizziness before becoming highly nauseous, unfortunately he was then sick" he explained and I smiled.

"Don't worry, that's pretty normal for Ben! He's often sick if he hits his head hard" I reassured and he nodded, "Well I'll check in him again at 12pm and then I'll be able to update you further but his scans are all fine" he reasoned and I smiled. "Can I go in and see him?" "Yes Ma'am, I'm sure he'd like a visitor" he smiled as I walked towards the door opening it shutting it behind me.

Ben was asleep and I walked to check his head before reassuring myself he was fine! I stood by the door opening my bag and pulling a bag if Bryony's candies out, I threw one at him and he ignored it. 10 candies later and he opened his eyes letting them focus before smiling at me "Hey Jenna! I thought you'd forgotten me!" he pouted as I walked over kissing him.

"I wish I could" I teased as I pushed my hand through his hair and he grimaced as it got near his head and the cut, "So I was sick" he stated and I laughed quietly nodding as I pulled the chair to sit at his side, "Bryony sent you these" I explained holding the bag out and he pushed himself up further and picking the ones I'd thrown at him up eating them.

I sat talking with him when he sighed "I'm out for a good week with this one I think, but we're on bye week so I'll be okay for the next game" he admitted and I nodded. "Hey coach rang me this morning, he apologized for that git trying to get you back out onto the field! So all that snappiness from me got us somewhere I guess" I informed and he smiled kissing my hand.

"I hate these places, the smell and the white walls" "Oh Ben that's the best bit! It's a bleach smell, it's cleanliness" I smiled and he shook his head "You're a nurse, you belong in here! I on the other hand like the smell of wet grass and mud" he explained and I rolled my eyes. "So you feel better?" he nodded "I feel worlds better, well until someone touches it or the painkillers wear off" he laughed and I smiled at him.

I managed to get him home and I made him lunch whilst he laid out on the couch, "Ben you want anything else or am I just force feeding you now?" I yelled through the door "Force feeding!" he answered me and I smiled as I grabbed his pills walking out with a tray of food and he pushed himself up letting me put it on his knee and he groaned looking down.

"So what is this?" "Chicken soup Benjamin, home made!" I answered sitting at his side, "You know you'll make someone a right good little house wife?" he joked and I nodded "When I find the right man" I smiled kissing the side of his head and he smiled, he knew when he was ill I was very...worried! I cooked everything he asked for, I let him get away with everything and anything and I became the affectionate wife just because I worried about him.

He finished eating and I wandered off to tidy up coming back to see him staring at the TV, I sat down and he laid across the couch resting his head on my lap. "So I'm going to be annoying you for a couple weeks, we should do something" he suggested and I nodded resting my hand on his neck. "Yeah we can, we'll just wait until your head gets a bit better first though yeah?" I laughed and he closed his eyes falling asleep as I watched the TV.