Sometimes...

51

I spent the next 2 nights in the hospital with him, I sat in the lounge on my day off exhausted and I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep when I heard a bang. I shot up running to the bedroom to see Ben slumped against the wall "Ben! What the hell?" I yelled grabbing him, he pushes for breath holding his stomach "Ben! Come on" I said trying to move him and he trapped my hand causing me to yelp in pain.

"Sorry Jenna" he offered sounding exhausted and I flexed my fingers to make sure they'd all still work. "Okay, let's get you back in bed" I reasoned moving him slowly and I got him back in the bed tucking blankets around him. "What was you doing out of bed! I told you to stay put" I snapped and he nodded slowly, "My feet, they're cold" he mumbled and I got up grabbing his socks from the drawer pulling them on from him.

"So are you okay?" he just stared at the bed, I pushed my hand through his hair "Do you want me to get you anything?" he shook his head and I smiled kissing his cheek. "I'm going back to the lounge, ring me or shout if you want me" I replied walking off, the door went and I groaned before seeing Brett's car in the drive. I let him in and he disappeared off to see Ben, I walked into the room to see Brett sat on the chair at the side of the bed from the corner of the room.

"Do you guys want a drink?" "Coffee would be great Jen" Brett answered "It's Jenna!" Ben grumbled at him and I smiled at him before walking to get it, I brought 2 mugs in setting them down. "I didn't say I wanted anything" Ben said quietly, "I know but it's soup and I thought you might want it" I reasoned "Well if I did I'd have asked for it wouldn't I?" he snapped at me and I nodded walking out the room disappearing ingot he garage out the way.

"Jenna?" I looked around to see Brett, "You shouldn't leave him alone" "He fell asleep so I came to find you" he reasoned and I nodded moving boxes. "He doesn't mean to be snappy" "Brett he's not said a decent thing to me since being back in this house, I'm exhausted! I'm not sleeping, I'm working 24/7 and my own husband can't say a pleasant word to me! I'm tired Brett" I snapped and he sighed.

"He's in pain Jenna, he's not going to be happy! I think he's just embarrassed he's relying on you" he offered. "And he knows not to be! I've done it all before, I've sat up with him and cared for him when he's injured but he's being ungrateful. He barely speaks at all" I argued at him and he nodded. "Well let me help you" "No! This isn't your job" I cut in.

"And it is yours?" "Yes! Look I appreciate you coming to see him but I just want him to get better, I hate seeing him in pain and he's not a kid anymore. He doesn't heal overnight" I admitted as his phone rang "It's my mom, I have to go! I'll drop by again tomorrow" he smiled leaving and I moved a box of high school stuff finding Ben's old football jersey.

I finished up downstairs before going to the bathroom showering and walking out to see him awake ad trying to drink the soup, "Do you want it warming?" I quizzed but he ignored me and I nodded walking back into the bathroom pulling clothes on. I walked out and noticed his attempts had been quite unsuccessful, "Ben do you want me to..." "Jenna just get lost!" he growled sounding as tired as I felt and I walked out the room.

I heard him sigh and silence was broken by my sniffling "Jenna!" he said quietly and I ignored him "Jen, baby please" he begged and I walked in the room my eyes bloodshot. "Don't cry, I'm sorry" he mumbled as I looked at him, "What am I meant to do Ben? I'm wrong all the time" I grumbled and he sighed "You're not, I'm just in pain! Every movement hurts, I can't sleep, it hurts to eat and drink. My head pounds, I'm so tired I'm shutting down half the time but I can't do anything to help myself. Jenna I can't feed myself that well, I have to be your second child" he explained.

"You're my child anyway" I joked and he smiled "I don't mind as long as you're grateful, you treat me this way and all the work I'm doing for you feels unappreciated" I stated and he nodded grimacing. "Come on let's get that off" I added moving to take his top off and he groaned in pain, the bruises were out all over his stomach now and he'd got a lot of stiff muscles.

"Ben you honestly stink can you please get in the bath" I teased and he looked at me, "How do I get in a bath, I can barely get socks!" he complained and I nodded. "I'll help, it'll help your muscles" I reasoned walking off. "Jenna no! I can't get in and out the bath alone!" "I'll help, I did say 'In sickness and in health' one time and well although you spend more time in sickness than I thought I still mean it. Plus it really isn't nothing I've not seen before" I laughed helping him out of bed.

The bath was a tricky experience by we both survived and as he got back in bed he laid still, "Thank you" he mumbled against my cheek as he kissed it. "Right, try to get some sleep Benjamin" "I will Jen" he replied smiling as I hugged him lightly. "It's Jenna" "To me it's whatever I want it to be, plus where did you get my old jersey from? That brings some good memories back, mostly of you" he smiled and I grinned kissing him "They were some good times" I laughed as I let my eyes closed and it wasn't all the long until he drifted off into a half sleep and I smiled letting myself go to sleep with him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Watching Ravens and Giants...Go Giants I guess