Status: Give it a shot!

Dirt

Chapter 2

I was finishing putting on my lipstick while Erin was slipping on her shoes and Jessi was brushing her hair. My dad had compromised and gave Fat Joey the night off as long as we agreed to all get ready at my house. I looked over at Erin and what she had bought to wear. For someone who claimed to be preppie, she sure looked hot. She had on a short spaghetti strap black and white dress, with red, strappy high heels, red bangle bracelets, and cute little kissy lips earrings. Jessi's clothes, though, were completely Jessi. She had on some really skinny, black jeans, a loose fitting white tank top with a big black heart on it, a black studded belt, turquoise buckled shoes, black skull earrings, a skull in a top hat ring, and a cassette tape necklace. She looked sexy and ass kicking at the same time.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I knew that I was kind of pretty, but I never felt as beautiful as my two best friends, who were both such natural beauties. I was kind of on the short side, being only five five, with long, wavy black hair, and my mother's big round hazel eyes. I had chosen a cute outfit, though, if I do say so myself. I had on some white jean shorts, a cute midriff baring black tank top that had blue and red roses on it, and some black pumps with gold studs on the toe. My jewelry consisted of a two finger ring that had four little pink roses on one hand, a multi band gold and black ring on the other, a multi strand blue beaded bracelet, a pair of red lips necklace, and some eye catching red studded earrings. My makeup was blue and purple eye shadow, and a shock of red lipstick. I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

"You bitches ready? I'm feeling cooped up in here," Jessi asked us after fluffing her hair for the last time. Erin shrugged one shoulder and told her she was a ready as she was going to get. I just rolled my eyes at her answer, but Jessi had a different reaction. "Bitch, please, you know you look good."

I grinned. "Speaking of looking good...Jessi, did you dress like that for Alex?" Erin and I instantly fell into giggles. Jessi just looked at us deadpanned.

"Alex and I only went on one date. I don't even know if he's going to be here tonight. Maybe he had other plans. Besides, I was thinking maybe I'd challenge Robbie to a race." She studied our shocked faces. Robbie was fairly new to the club, and even though he was attractive, there was something about him I didn't quite trust. But far be it for me to rain on her parade. "Get over it, whores. I love you both more than life, but he's sexy. And you're one to talk, Ash. I'm not the one who's practically betrothed to Harrison. " It was my turn to deadpan. I told them we were not going to talk about him, and pushed them out my door.

We made our way through the crowds at the rally, just people watching, and checking out all the bikes. The sun was setting, casting a cool reddish orange glow on the people and things around us. I'd already drooled over a beautiful modified, powder blue, Harley Fat Boy. If I wasn't so small, that would be the kind of bike I asked for at graduation. I always thought it was cool to see little women riding big bikes. But alas, even though I've been riding for years, I don't think my dad would allow me to ride one so big. We stopped and had some barbeque at Tim's stand. He sets up his stand every year at the rally, and always seems to make the best food. It was one of the things I looked forward to the most.

After stuffing our faces at Tim's we all waved over to Jake, who was giving a snake tattoo to a guy. He nodded his head at us, and continued on with his work. I flicked my eyes down to my wrist. Jake was the only person who was allowed to tattoo me, and I was thinking that it was about time to get yet another one. I had about six, and I wanted one more. Maybe something that matched the one on my wrist. I got it after my mom passed. It was a small dragonfly. Mom loved dragonflies. She always said there was something magical about them. I realized I had been daydreaming, and tried to focus on the conversation, but it was apparent that I had missed an important chunk of it. All I heard was Erin say something about someone dying a horrible death. I wasn't sure who or what she was talking about until I saw him walking towards us. Shit.

Harrison Black was the son of one of the members of the club. He was devastatingly handsome, and he knew it. He was also rude and arrogant. He was tall with dark hair and dark eyes. He looked dangerous and mysterious, but I knew he was just a spoiled rotten punk. Both of our parents had hoped as we grew up, that once we were old enough, we would eventually fall in love and get married. He didn't seem to find anything wrong with the situation, but I always hated the thought of being with him.

He smirked at me, and sauntered up. "Hey, doll face. I was starting to worry you weren't going to be here. Want to go for a ride later?" He said it innocently enough, but I heard the undercurrent of his question. I wanted to slap him in his whole face.

"Uh, no, but thanks. I have plans to punch myself in the face later. Either that or shoving bamboo shoots under my fingernails. Both of those things have more appeal than taking a ride with you." Jessi and Erin barely concealed their laughter. He gave me a look of annoyance and walked away. "Jesus, when will he get it?"

"I honestly think he just does it to get a rise out of you," Erin said thoughtfully. "I mean, he has to know there's no way you two would ever get together. If he doesn't understand that by now, then he's just sad, and he deserves everything you give him."

"Shit fuck, there's Robbie!" Jessi stage whispered. "He looks so good, too. Okay, girls, I'm ditching you. Wish me luck!" She walked off and stood in front of him. We couldn't hear what they were saying, but she must have pulled it off, because a minute later he smiled as big as a mile and grabbed her hand. When Erin and I were alone, she turned to me and suggested that we just go ahead and go over to the party.

The annual family get together is just that. Just for the family. The rally will go on into the evening, but after a certain time, everyone goes over to Wolf's land, and we all party together. I love the annual family party. Every member of the club is there along with their wives or girlfriends, and even their kids come. No one from outside the club would be allowed to come without a written invitation. The thing was, we'd been having the party for so many years, that outsiders just didn't bother to try to come anymore.

Erin and I were just making laps around the party. Occasionally we'd stop to talk to some people, but mostly we were just keeping to ourselves. I waved at my dad at one point while he was telling an animated story to a group of his guys. He seemed happy. I was glad. I had noticed, as well, that Erin seemed to be happy every time we passed by Jared, and he smiled at her. Sometimes I was jealous that the girls found it so easy to find a guy. I'd only had one boyfriend in my life, and he wasn't anything to write home about. But that's also not to say that I was in any particular hurry to find a guy, either. I was happy where I was in life. I had everything I needed.

"Erin, Ashlynn! Come over here girls!" Erin's mom called to us. I loved her. After my mom passed, she took up the mother figure in my life. After we approached where she was sitting with other women, she smiled sweetly up at us. "Will you two beautiful girls please explain to me why you're walking alone and not with some handsome young men? You know, we took in a couple young guys not that long ago." She said this as if we didn't know. I was good at eavesdropping on my father, and I told Erin and Jessi everything I knew. We acted surprised all the same, though.

"Did we? Maybe we'll just go check them out," I told her jovially. "Or maybe I'll just leave Erin alone with Jared." She shoved me and hissed, but everyone laughed loudly. "Just kidding. You know how us young people are. Always so independent and impetuous. We think we know everything...What are you going to do with us?" She was in the process of waving the two of us off when we heard it.

The rumble was unmistakable. Motorcycles. Several of them. Of course we heard them before we saw them. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing to watch them approach. Five bikes with five riders. It was them, I could tell straight away. It seemed that everyone else could tell the same thing, too. They pulled up and stopped the bikes just off the lawn where we all were. My father stood up and started walking towards them, with Wolf and Smokes following close behind. Their leader stepped off his bike first and removed his helmet.

Holy geez, he was gorgeous. He was tall, really tall, well built with a shaved head of dark hair, piercing blue eyes, and full kissable lips. Those beautiful eyes scanned the crowd, and for a small second, landed on me. In that second, looking into his eyes, there was an intense feeling that I couldn't quite describe, and I wasn't too sure that I was comfortable trying. The other four guys got off their bikes and removed their helmets as well. They varied in coloring and height. Two were on the shorter side, but one had black hair and powerful green eyes, while the other had bleached blond hair and warm brown eyes. The third was average in height, but he had a handsome, angular face with spiky dark brown hair and big attractive brown eyes. The last was very tall and skinny, with longish brown hair and blue eyes with laughter behind them.

My father reached the group and crossed his arms over his chest. They were too far away to hear what they were saying, but after a second my father nodded, and the seven of them headed up and into Wolf's house. Erin and I looked at each other and immediately started across the lawn, with Jessi joining us halfway. When we gave her a questioning look she said something about not caring about Robbie, cause this was way more interesting.

We reached the front door but Smokes was standing there, guarding it. Erin asked him to let us in, but he just shook his head. I told him that we were just going in to use the restroom, but he just raised an eyebrow at us. Jessi threatened to kick him in the shin and he laughed. "I guess I can't really keep you out of your own house, can I?" he asked Erin. She smiled a Cheshire cat grin, and told him that no, he couldn't. Once inside we crept around to the hallway so we could listen to them in the kitchen. From the way the sound carried, we could tell they were sitting around the kitchen table.

"You understand why I'm skeptical, right?" my father was asking them. "I'm not denying this, but I will have to call the numbers you gave me and look into this. For now, though, I would ask that you keep this all to yourselves. I don't want anyone to know, especially her."

"We understand," one of them said.

"So, I don't recognize your colors," he commented. "Who are you loyal to?"

"Each other," another one spoke. "We're brothers, family, so we're loyal to each other first. We've all agreed that we want to join a club, and judging by the rumors, and the current circumstances, yours was the one to try to join." His voice was deep and commanding. Just hearing it thrilled me, and I had the crazy hope that it was the sexy leader that was talking.

At that time, Jessi slipped from her position against the wall, and the floorboards creaked. "You might as well come in here," my father said from the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I just posted the first chapter this morning, and even though I got no comments, I got four subscribers out the gate. That killer! It brings me joy.

Oh, and I've seen the some people put links down here to pages of what their characters are wearing, or..you know, stuff like that. I thought I'd try it. It's not crucial to the story, but I thought maybe you'd guys would like it? If not, let me know. I could go either way about it.

Ash's mall shopping outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=58950363
Ash's party outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=58952421