Status: finito.

Fight the Force

I'm gonna' pick up the pieces.

“Rockin’ around the Christmas….” Lilly sung out-of-tune as she stacked the shelves of the local supermarket. It was a shit job, but it paid the things Lilly liked – mainly nail varnish, white chocolate buttons, her shitty Vespa, and of course – her horoscope magazines.

“You sound like a drowning dog.” A voice said grumpily. The voice made Lilly jump, dropping the tinned beans in her hands, making it land with a harsh ‘cla-clunk”

“I hate dogs.” Lilly replied automatically, as she turned to face the voice. It was a man – well boy – boy-man even. He looked her age, ridiculously tall and had dark hair, tousled on his head. His dark brown eyes bored into her, an obnoxious smirk on his lips.

“That’s what you got from that?” he asked, half surprised, half uncaring. Lilly smiled sweetly, revealing her perfectly straight teeth – four years of orthodontic treatment – painful treatment at that. Her white-blonde fringe flicked into her eyes again, she huffed and blew it off, pushing it back with her hand. Her long, waist-length hair was tied back loosely, loose strands stuck out from her head.

“Well I choose to ignore the fact you insulted me – customer policy unfortunately.” Lilly replied smartly, and picked up the tin she had misplaced earlier. She placed it carefully on the shelf, and lined it up perfectly with the rest of the identical baked bean tins.

“Customers come first and all that shit?” The man-boy asked knowingly, and Lilly nodded, and chose to ignore him further, continuing to stack the shelves.

The man-boy was still watching her: “Where’s the cider? You’ve moved your alcohol section – aka my home.” He tried to joke but effortlessly failed. Lilly looked to him, unimpressed.

“Aisle 13 – have a good day, sir.” She replied curtly, and continued to blissfully stack. The man-boy rolled his eyes and strolled away, uncaring of the girl.

Later that night, Lilly was painting her nails a bright neon blue, while sucking white chocolate buttons and reading her horoscope for the day:

Virgos – “You will meet somebody new, you feel indifferent to begin with – this person, with future meetings, may possibly mean something to you. You feel positive and energised.”

Lilly smiled happily – she will meet that man-boy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Losing inspiration with other story this one will be fairly short :)