Status: finito.

Fight the Force

I'll pick you up when you're getting down.

Lilly didn’t have many friends – in fact she barely had a handful at school. They were those friends that you just all had the silent mutual agreement that when you graduate – you never speak again.

Lilly did have one good friend then. If labels were needed: they would be “best friends.”
His name was Foxy: well his real name was George Fox but everybody called him Foxy. It was appropriate really, he’s handsome, smooth and charming. He got all the girls in high school.

When Foxy graduated, he took Lilly out for dinner and told her he was moving away. He hadn’t mentioned a syllable about it before. The fact he was going to Australia for a while. He had got a job down there, and wanted to go explore.

Lilly cried at the table and wished him the best – they never spoke after that.
So she was shocked, when she was sitting at the bar on New Year’s Eve night, waiting for Elijah to come from the back room where he was changing that George Fox would appear right beside her, trying to order a drink.

“Lilly?” he stuttered, in shock.

“Foxy?” she repeated, in just as much shock. Foxy had a really nice smile, and he gave her a charming one now. His eyes were still a light green – an unusual colour – he had lovely eyes, when he smiled his eyes lit up.

“Oh my god…that’s so weird. I was just talking about you to my Dad…” Foxy babbled, pointing back to his table, where an older couple were situated.

“Mr and Mrs Fox…” Lilly mused, smiling slightly.

“How’ve you been, Lil?” Foxy asked happily, and Lilly grinned, shrugging indifferently.

“I’ve been okay. The same really.”
Foxy nodded: “That’s good then…I’d hate for you to have changed.” Lilly didn’t realise he was flirting.

“Hey.” Elijah’s voice made Lilly jump, and his hand was on the small of her back. She glanced at him, and breathed in his cologne. He smelled so nice.

“Hey Elijah, meet my old friend from school – George Fox.” Lilly greeted confidently, waving a ahnd between the two.

Elijah was taller than Foxy, but Foxy had bigger muscles. They looked so different.

Foxy looked shaven, organised – his honey blonde hair, and light green eyes.
Elijah was tall, lanky build – with tousled brown hair and deep brown eyes which read into your soul.

“Call me Foxy….” He introduced, holding his hand out. Elijah shook it, just to be polite. He didn’t like the guy though.

“Cool…” he said, unsure.

“Well, we’ve got to go – we’ve made plans.” Lilly said, jumping off the stool. Elijah’s hand didn’t leave her back. When she stood by him.

Elijah kept his arm wrapped around her waist.

Foxy saw it, and felt a stab of jealousy.

“Is your number still the same? We need to catch up. I have so much to tell you.” Foxy asked Lilly, hopefully.

Lilly nodded, Elijah’s grip tightened slightly. “I’ll see you around.” She murmured, and Elijah nodded at Foxy, before leading the way out.

When they got outside, Lilly asked Elijah what was wrong.

“Nothing.” He grumbled, hands were nowhere near her now.

“You angry with me?” Lilly asked innocently.
Elijah’s features and posture softened, and he took his hands out of his sweatshirt pockets.

Lilly giggled, and got closer to him: “I love New Year – thank you for bringing me out.” Lilly said, and unintentionally linked with his arm. Elijah glanced at her, and smiled when she wasn’t looking.

“No problem. You hungry?” Elijah asked. Lilly nodded.

“I’d love some Chinese…I adore fortune cookies!” Lilly told him excitedly. Elijah rolled his eyes – it was typical she would. He had her figured out now.
She was day-dreamer, a young adult who still believed in magic.

“Chinese it is then…” he mumbled, and Lilly cheered unnecessary.

That night – they talked properly. They had been meeting so much by chance (or fate in Lilly’s opinion), this time it was nice to talk to him and get to know him.

“I hate Christmas…” Elijah told her over dinner. Lilly’s eyes widened, and she looked like he told her, he killed puppies for fun.

“What! Why?” she squeaked.

Elijah chuckled, she was rather adorable.

He shrugged: “I live on my own. I don’t know my Dad and My Mom lives with her new husband in Georgia.” He explained casually.

Lilly could tell his family had hurt him.

She wanted to protect him.

“But Christmas is amazing…the food, the gifts, just…it’s Christmas…oh! And the candles…” she began, but Elijah smirked and interjected.

“Smell the best during Christmas.” He finished for her. He had listened that day. He lifted some noodles in his mouth.

Lilly beamed at him.

She really liked Elijah.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, please?