Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

“How can you hate vegetables? How are you so skinny then?” Lilly argued, it was two weeks since their New Year outing.

They drank, ate and Lilly asked for extra fortune cookies. Afterwards, the Chinese restaurant were doing lanterns out front. Elijah paid for Lilly to do one.

He never thought a girl could look so content with a flying lamp.

It was Friday – Lilly didn’t work on Fridays. Elijah didn’t work till tonight.

Lilly called him and asked to hang out.

“Because vegetables are disgusting Lilly.” Elijah said deadpanned. Lilly giggled, and shook her head.

“You’re so weird…” she mused, and Elijah’s eyes widened.

“I’m weird?” he screeched, causing her to laugh more.

“What about sprouts?” Elijah questioned, and he noticed Lilly’s nose scrunch up.

“Ha!” he said, and Lilly chuckled.

“Fine, you win that one. Sprouts are disgusting…but that doesn’t mean I hate all vegetables.” Lilly reluctantly admitted. Elijah smirked triumphantly.

“I bet you haven’t even tried every vegetable. You had one bad experience and you’ve given up on them.” Lilly said rightly. Elijah scoffed in response.

“If one tastes bad, they all do.” Elijah mumbled. They were walking to the park, and when they saw the swings – Lilly went for them.

“I freakin’ love the swings!” she announced, as she kicked her legs higher, desperate to get as high as she could. Elijah shook his head, and sat on the other swing, unmoving.

“Why are you not swinging?” Lilly asked defiantly. Elijah smirked at her.

“The view from here is great….” He teased, she was wearing leggings today, her legs looked amazing, and her ass was rather viewable too.

Lilly rolled her eyes, but her cheeks tinged pink.

Elijah would never understand how they got here.

He was everything she should hate – moody, obnoxious and a disbeliever.

She was everything he couldn’t stand – overly optimistic, annoyingly open and a true believer.

But damn it – she was so freakin’ cute.
--

For their second date, Elijah took her to a nice hole-in-the-wall, they shared a bottle of sparkling apple cider. He had steak, she had veggie burger. They talked for hours, right up until the head waiter kindly asked them to leave.

“Thanks for this. I’ve really enjoyed myself.” Lilly told him, and Elijah smiled at her. This time he really smiled. Lilly thought he was beautiful when he smiled.

“Don’t mention it.” Elijah almost pleaded. He had been quiet this evening, yes he talked and yes he made her laugh – but something was off.

“You sure you’re okay?” Lilly asked for the fifth time that evening. They were reaching Elijah’s car: it was a beaten old Beetle, which had its blue paint peeling off and it has a tape player with White Wedding by Billy Idol stuck in it.

“I’m fine, honestly…” Elijah tried to insist.

Lilly raised an eyebrow at him before getting in the car. Elijah got in too, and in silence – for the first time that evening – he drove her home.

When they reached her house, she smiled sweetly at him, ignoring the worrying sensation in her stomach.

“Are you getting sick of me?” she suddenly asked, her voice soft and timid. Lilly was never timid. Elijah’s head shot to her, and his mouth gawped.

“What?” he stammered, and Lilly shrugged, uncertain.

“If I’m annoying you, we don’t have to hang out anymore.” Lilly told him, and Elijah suddenly
chuckled. It annoyed Lilly.

“What’s so funny?” she demanded, and Elijah smirked. He leaned over, his face incredibly close to hers.

“Even if I was sick of you, beans – I couldn’t get rid of you.” He stated coolly. He sounded annoyed about it.

Lilly scoffed, and opened the car door, and got out as gracefully as she could. It didn’t go so well, as she stumbled slightly. Elijah chuckled again, and also got out the car, and followed her to the door.

“You don’t have to walk me. I’m a big girl.” She mumbled, as she got her keys out to unlock the door. It was almost midnight, everybody is asleep now.

“You don’t seem like one…” Elijah mumbled, and Lilly shot him a glare. “Shut up.” She muttered, as she carefully unlocked the door.

“Hey Lil?” he called quietly, she paused opening the door. She turned back, and Elijah was closer than before. His hands hovering over her waist, she could feel the warmth from his hands.

“I’m not sick of you.” He mumbled. His deep brown eyes searching her face.

Lilly looked at him and sighed, rolling her eyes: “It was a great date.” She said finally, and Elijah grinned knowingly.

“It’s not quite finished yet…” Elijah whispered, as his face got closer to hers. His hands, sliding against the fabric of her dress, she smiled shyly.

“Oh?” she murmured, and then his lips touched hers.

It felt amazing and it was the first amazing kisses of many.
♠ ♠ ♠
bit depressing - only five comments.

had a rather crappy day then my best friend since birth rings me and cheers me up.
life is okay now. <3