Status: finito.

Fight the Force

I'll do it all for you in time and out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

He hated the fact she drove a Vespa, he always kept saying she’ll curse the day she bought one when a car doesn’t see her and sends her flying into a lamppost.

“Just let me drive you home…” he whined, it was their fourth week of whatever they were doing. Oddly enough, that evening – they went out to eat and bumped into Foxy again.

Elijah didn’t like Foxy – he didn’t like how when he said “hello”, he didn’t look at him, but instead at Lilly’s legs. Lilly hadn’t noticed, she’s naïve to things like that.

Foxy likes Lilly.

Elijah hates that.

“No, I’m nineteen years old Eli, let me act like one.” Lilly argued stubbornly. Elijah sighed heavily, leaning against his car. He was adamant they could fit her scooter in the back of his car.

“But what if…” Elijah began to argue once more, but Lilly stopped him, placing a slender navy-painted fingernail on top of his lips. He mumbled against her finger, and Lilly rolled her eyes, giggling.

“You’re so cute…” she sighed, and kissed him quickly, moving her finger just in time. Elijah felt dazed, as he she stepped back, strapping the bright red helmet on top of her head – it was scratched plenty and this panicked Elijah more.

“See you tomorrow, Elijah.” She told him, getting on to the scooter, and turning it on. Elijah stepped forward, in front of the Scooter defiantly.

“Please…” he pleaded once more, over the loud coughing rumble of the vehicle. Lilly shook her head, and blew him a kiss, before zipping around him and speeding off, out of the car park – onto the main road and to home.

Elijah watched her go, and he wished so many times he hadn’t let her go.

Lilly did get into an accident, irony of it all. She was knocked by a small car that whizzed around the corner and didn’t look. The person did stop and helped her to the ER. Elijah had just got home when he got the call from her. She survived luckily with just a few scratches and a broken toe.

Elijah says it was his own fault for not being stubborn enough. Lilly says it was karma for being bitchy to Alex that morning about him using her hair straighteners.
--

Four weeks later, Lilly’s toe healed and Elijah still hadn’t expressed what exactly they were.

Elijah took her to an abandoned car park. No car or building in site. It was an old playing field car park, still had stadium lights and everything.

“What we doing here?” Lilly asked, Elijah mumbled to himself as he began to search in the glove compartment, searching for something. He got a portable CD player out.

“Get out…” Elijah ordered, getting out his side. He set the CD player on the roof of his car and pressed play and a cheesy song came on. Lilly awkwardly glanced around – it felt weird.

“Let’s go be romantic then.” Elijah announced, as it was a organised event.

Shocked, Lilly took his offering hand – warm and calloused as usual. The song was an old one but Lilly liked it and she especially liked this moment.

The stars were out, and Elijah Redding was slow dancing with her.

“Are you trying to be cheesy for me?” Lilly asked softly, they were swaying side to side, one of pair of hands joined, his other hand on her waist, hers on his shoulder. The car lights shining on them, like a spotlight.

Elijah rolled his eyes and stayed silent.

Lilly giggled and Elijah spun her around: ‘I try to say goodbye and I choke, I try to walk away and I stumble, though I try to hide its clear – my world crumbles when you are not near’

Lilly smiled at the words: “The stars are out.” Lilly commented as she looked up and admired the midnight sky, with white dots everywhere.

“Hmmm…” Elijah mumbled and when Lilly looked at him, he pecked her lips softly.

“I like you Lilly, don’t question that.” Elijah said suddenly, causing a grin on Lilly’s face. She ignored his plea and said: “But why?”.

Elijah rolled his eyes yet again – typical of her.

“Because.” He responded, shrugging indifferently. Lilly chuckled: “Because why though?” she pressed, and she felt Elijah sigh.

“I don’t even know – I only came to you, to ask you where you moved the cider.” Elijah told her, laughing whimsically. His brown eyes scanned her faced and he kissed her again: harder this time, with more need behind it.

“It must be fate…” Lilly sighed, causing Elijah to scoff in response: “No!” he mumbled, yet Lilly just smiled at him as if he was one who was insane.

“Believe what you want Elijah, it happens for reasons beyond us.” Lilly stated wisely, feeling deep.

Elijah refrained from rolling his eyes this time. He just shrugged again and dipped Lilly slightly, causing her to squeal and laugh.

“Don’t talk, beans…ruining the mood.” He teased her. Lilly felt his chest rumble with laughter as she leaned against him, her head against his shoulder, both arms now wrapped loosely around his neck.

He smelled of woods and mints – and just him. She really loved his smell.

She smiled into his jumper, unable to stop the fluttering feelings.

God, she liked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
the song - old yet loveable

Thank you so much to those who have commented, it means a lot :)
If any of you need comments for your stories, just ask me.