Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And I'm gonna paint you by numbers and colour you in.

“Elijah! Stop being a douche, give me my fortune cookie!” Lilly whined, and Elijah smirked widely, holding the Chinese delicacy above his head further, as poor 5ft 4 Lilly Edwards couldn’t reach.

“Come get it, beans!” he mocked, and Lilly reached up, pushed up against him, her t-shirt riding up slightly. The exposure of skin, made Elijah loosen his outreached arm, and while he stared at her stomach, Lilly swiped the cookie and laughed gleefully.

“That’s not fair!” Elijah flustered, as Lilly pulled her t-shirt down and turned away from him, sauntering back to her seat on her couch. Elijah huffed, and sat back down, on the other side of the couch. His takeout box on the coffee table staring at him, he swiped it back up and began to messily eat.

Lilly rolled her eyes, but opened the fortune: “Be wise and love those closest.” She recited happily, her heart swelled in affection. She loved happy fortunes.

Elijah snorted – still attractively somehow – Lilly gave him a stern look: “What you scoffing at, Redding?” she asked firmly. Elijah shrugged indifferently, and continued to shovel food into his mouth.

“No!” – Lilly slapped his propped knee – “Tell me!” she pushed, and Elijah rolled his eyes and gave her a look – it wasn’t bored anymore; those dark brown eyes twinkled at her cheekily. She loved his brown big-doe eyes.

“It’s a load of bullshit, Lil.” He told her, his voice for once serious. Genuinely offended, Lilly’s mouth dropped. They had this arguments plenty times before.
“Bullshit?” she screeched, scrambling to her feet and outreaching her arms, fortune still in one hand.

“How is fortunes bullshit? It’s sayings that you apply in your life and it helps you and your fate!” She cried drastically. Her voice reaching higher decibels than normal. Elijah winced, and laughed awkwardly.

“Lil, they write them…it’s made-up – it’s not real.” He told her, as if he was breaking the news that Santa wasn’t real to a four-year-old.

“Of course it is! Things in our universe happen for a reason, Elijah.” Lilly stated obviously. Elijah smiled, he found her energy adorable.

“Yes, a logical – non-stargazer reason.” He said simply, and Lilly glared: “It’s not stargazing.” She bit back, and Elijah smiled softly.

“Come here…” he motioned, and she did. She kneeled in front him, his legs loosely barricading her.

Elijah leaned into her, and pecked her lips: “I just don’t believe in that stuff.” He told her, and Lilly rolled her eyes, but felt herself relaxing.

“But it does work Elijah, you’ll see one day.” She told him, Elijah shook his head and kissed her again.
She always forgot what she was going to say when he kissed her. She would never have gone on a date if she hadn’t checked her horoscope before.

He should thank that “bullshit.”
--

They had their first real fight the following day.

Lilly was going out with Foxy to ‘catch-up’ and Elijah hit the roof in a jealous rage. He even stormed out of Lilly’s house, cursing and throwing his hands up in the air, mumbling about how naïve and ridiculous Lilly was.

For the first time ever, Elijah Redding made Lilly cry. It wouldn’t be the last time.

“So, I’m guessing your boyfriend isn’t very happy with me.” Foxy had said that night, sitting in the restaurant he had bought Lilly too.

Lilly looked gorgeous, her bright blonde hair in loose curls, reaching her waist almost. She was wearing a floral knee-length dress, but every time she crossed her legs, Foxy forgot to breathe.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Lilly mumbled sadly, she was tracing the rim of her glass with her fingers, propping her head up with her free hand.

Foxy leaned over and touched her on top of the glass and gave a beautiful charming smile – it made Lilly feel dizzy.

“He shouldn’t mess a girl like you around, Lil.” Foxy murmured softly, his eyes gazing into hers and an intensity moment of air was between them.

Lilly didn’t like it.

“He’s not messing me around – we’re just hanging out.” Lilly tried to excuse. Foxy rolled his eyes, retracting his hand and leaning back in his chair, observing her.

“Lil, he acts like your boyfriend – he’s furious at you because you’re here with me.” Foxy argued lightly. Lilly shrugged, uncaringly.

“He thinks you like me, that’s why.” Lilly tried to reason. Foxy smirked suddenly and leaned forward.

“So what if I do? If he’s not your boyfriend, he’s not allowed to care right?” Foxy explained, and Lilly looked at Foxy, surprised.

“You like me?” she spluttered, and Foxy grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

“Course I do – you’re Lilly Edwards, how could I not like you?” Foxy reasoned, and Lilly felt awkward again. She didn’t like how Foxy was looking at her – in a flirtatious manner.

“I don’t feel very well. Could we go?” Lilly lied, but she felt her face paling.

Foxy didn’t resist and he drove her home. Lilly jumped out the car, and so did Foxy, insisting to walk her up. Their chatter faltered when they saw a figure sitting on the porch steps.

Elijah had his head buried in his hands, and he looked up at them suddenly.

“Elijah….” Lilly murmured, as he abruptly stood up and strode towards her.

“Don’t leave me Lil. I can’t deal with it. Please?” Elijah blurted out quietly, and Lilly stared at him, eyes widened.

Elijah doesn’t do ‘feelings’. She had learned that soon after their first date.
He wasn’t open or romantic (often) and he doesn’t confess feelings or show any vulnerability.

“Elijah…” she started again, and Elijah reached out, placed his hands on her waist – where they meant to be and tugged her closer.

“Lil, I really like you. You drive me fucking insane but I like you.” Elijah continued, a tone of desperateness which Lilly thought she’d never hear coming from him.

“I know Elijah.” Lilly whispered, her hands gripping onto him lightly. “I like you too.” She whispered softly, and leaned into him. Elijah hugged her tightly, and breathed in her scent.

He hated feeling like this, but holding Lilly was worth it.

Elijah glared daggers at the awkward figure behind them, watching their intimate moment.

Foxy watched them, feeling third-wheel, majorly.

George Fox had lost his chance; he knew he should have asked her out that year ago at dinner.
Asked her to run away with him to Australia - they would have been so happy.

Now they’ll never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I'd doube-post as I missed a day and I have the rest of the story prewritten....so I'm being nice :')

Listen to this:lovefindingnewsongs!