Status: finito.

Fight the Force

If things go right we can frame it and put you on a wall

From that night on, Elijah and Lilly called each other: “boyfriend” and “girlfriend”. Lilly was so happy, and Elijah was… well… himself.

“I want another tattoo.” Lilly announced suddenly. It was Sunday morning, Elijah had been forced to come around before noon. He was exhausted because he slept like shit the night before.

He hadn’t told Lilly this. He was in a foul mood, and he wanted to just sleep.

“Hmm…” Elijah mumbled tiredly, he was on Lilly’s bed, lying on his stomach, spread-eagled.

“Elijah! Are you listening?” Lilly snapped, and Elijah turned his head and looked at her. She was painting her toes, sitting at her desk, one knee propped up as she painted them dark purple.

The smell of it made Elijah scrunch his nose up. “What?” he groaned, and Lilly gave him a stern look.
His face softened and he mumbled as he lowered his bed back into the covers.

“What is wrong with you?” Lilly asked, putting the brush back in the pot, finally finished.

“Nothing. I’m tired.” Elijah mumbled, his words muffled by the pillow.

“You’re always tired though, so what’s wrong?” Lilly said, and Elijah cursed her briefly.

“Don’t be rude.” She chided, getting up, and walking on her heels to her bedside and opened it, getting out the pieces of paper with tattoo designs on.

Lilly perched on the bed, scanning the sheets she had printed off the internet ages ago. Elijah opened his eyes slightly, and looked at Lilly’s back. Her hair perfectly straight today and flowed down her back.

He could see the small of her back, as she was only wearing a vest top and grey yoga pants today.

He smiled slightly, and stretched out his arm and began to trace shapes on her skin.

“That tickles…” Lilly giggled, looking over her shoulder at him. Elijah smirked in response.

“Come ‘ere’” He mumbled, and Lilly rolled her eyes, but swung her legs up, and lay down, Elijah moved closer to her, putting his arm over her stomach as she looked at the designs.

“What you think of this one?” Lilly asked, pointing a Lilly flower, with a trail of stars. Elijah smiled slightly, it would suit her.

“Lilly and stars….” He mused, and Lilly grinned slightly.

“I’m going to have my Mom’s name here…” she traced, pointing to one of the Lily petals. Elijah looked at Lilly, a soft look.

“What’s your Mom’s name?” he asked gently. He could sense this was a tender subject.

“Her name was Demi, she died when she gave birth to me.” Lilly mumbled sadly, and Elijah spotted the loose tear. He tightened his grip on her and reached up and kissed the drop of water away.

“She’d be proud of you.” Elijah said softly. It was nice, he was being so comforting.

“How’d you know?” Lilly mumbled, wiping away another tear. She put the paper down and stared up at the ceiling, Elijah’s soft breath in her ear. She turned to head to face him, and she kissed his head.

“Because I’m proud of you.” Elijah whispered, and Lilly smiled sadly as she looked at him. Elijah leaned and kissed her softly.

“I’m sorry for being such a grouch all the time.” He said guilty. Lilly shrugged and smiled a bit stronger, glad to move away from her weakness.

“Wouldn’t change you.” Lilly said simply, and the couple lay there for a long time, holding one another and sharing kisses. They were in her little world.

Lilly’s world was rarely ever shared. Elijah felt honoured to be part of it.
--

The day she got the tattoo was a Thursday evening, at 5pm. She just finished work, Elijah picked her up – her Vespa had been ruined and she wasn’t allowed to get another one until Thomas could trust her again.

Elijah practically jumped for joy at the news.

She lay on the sponge, sticky chair, the smell of disinfectant was everywhere. Elijah was sitting on the stool beside her, spinning side to side slightly.

“Stop it.” she muttered, as she stared up at the artificial light. Elijah smirked widely: “You’re nervous.” He announced, and Lilly rolled her eyes, but didn’t contradict him.

Her hands trembled on her stomach slightly. Elijah’s eyes set on her trembling fingers. He sighed softly, and reached his hand across, sliding his fingers around hers.

Lilly clutch to his hand tightly.

“I’m scared.” She whispered, and Elijah smiled, amused.

“You’re going to be okay.” Elijah whispered, Lilly turned and looked at him. Her fingers couldn’t stop shaking.

Elijah clutched back tighter: “Stop shaking.” He whispered, and Lilly did.
The pain was just as bad as she remembered, but totally worth it afterwards. A freshly done tattoo, still sore-looking was now on her hip, it wasn’t too big but not too small. It was perfect.

“It looks awesome.” Elijah said, watching as Alex, who had done the tattoo for her was cleaning it and putting a bandage over it. Alex smiled slightly, he hadn’t said much throughout – doing this tattoo hit close to home, it was a tribute to his mother.

Alex had a his own tribute, on his back.

“All done kiddo.” He said, and Lilly smiled, wincing as her hip throbbed. Elijah helped her off the bed, and she pulled her loose t-shirt back down.

“Thanks.” Lilly said, as they left Alex’s parlour. Elijah interlaced their fingers again, he had gotten use to holding her hand a lot now.

“Anytime.” Elijah replied, truly meaning it.
♠ ♠ ♠
tattoo;

feel so drained.

but thank you to those who have/are commenting - you're all amazing.