Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before

When it was March, Elijah was turning twenty-two. Lilly was beyond excited for his birthday.

Elijah, in a typical fashion, was not.

“Lilly, stop going on about it!” Elijah complained, as they went shopping that Tuesday morning. Lilly had booked work off to spend the day with him.

“Stop whining you ass! It’s exciting!” Lilly snapped back, trying to remain cheery. Elijah huffed as they walked into the shopping mall, hands linked.

When they entered a music store, Elijah started to admire the guitars. He had one at home, it was old and was out of tune, with a string missing. Elijah rarely played it now, but he had told Lilly when he was 15 he became obsessed and he stupidly dreamed of being part of a band or something.

Lilly told him it wasn’t stupid to dream.

Lilly watched him, as he picked up a black acoustic guitar, brand new and shiny. Lilly could tell he had fallen in love with it.

She went to the checkout, and asked the worker if she could put that guitar on hold after they left and Lilly could come back later to pay for it. The worker was happy to help.

“Eli! Let’s go, Jude needs some nappies.” Lilly said, tugging him away. Elijah pouted, but gave in, and followed her out, looking back several times at his dream guitar.

They did some errands, and looked around. Lilly bought some new clothes, a pair of jeans and a cute jumper. Elijah bought her a necklace for it, it was a cute and had a silver metal bear at the end of it.

“Thanks for my necklace, you cutie.” Lilly cooed, and Elijah rolled his eyes, but smiled as Lilly kissed his cheek multiple times.

“I just need to pop to the pharmacy…meet you at the food court?” Lilly asked innocently, Elijah gave a confused look.

“Why don’t I just come with you?” he asked obviously. Lilly quirked an eyebrow: “I’m deciding on tampons…do you really want to come?” she said bluntly.

Elijah cringed, and shook his head: “I’ll get us some fries…” he mumbled, and kissed her head before sloping off in that direction.

Lilly practically skipped back to the store and paid for the guitar. “Do you mind if I come pick it up tomorrow? It’s for my boyfriend’s birthday; it’s going to be a surprise you see.” Lilly asked, and the worker – the same one – commented on how lovely it was to do that.

Lilly shrugged: “Well he makes me happy, so I should make him happy, right?”
--

The following week, it was Elijah’s birthday. He remained completely unexcited, and this annoyed Lilly greatly.

Lilly called him first thing she woke up.

“HAPPY BRITHDAY!” she screamed down the phone, and Elijah, who had been woken up, grumbled
thank-you.

“Cheer up you misery guts! It’s your birthday!” Lilly chirped, and Elijah groaned.

“Lil, please go away. I didn’t get in till 3 last night…” he yawned, and Lilly pouted, huffing.

“You’re such a douche, I’m coming over – I have your present!” Lilly announced and before Elijah could argue, she hung up.

She made an effort with appearance today, and she made sure everything was perfect. The guitar was in its special case and then a box and wrapped up beautifully, a huge blue bow on top. Lilly had also bought him a new red plaid shirt, a beanie hat and some white chocolate buttons.

They were mostly for her, but she would share them at least. She signed a card with a simple message and her cursive name at the bottom, a heart dotted above the ‘i’.

Lilly told Marley to call her when they had the birthday lunch all prepared – it was a nice day and they were having a surprise BBQ for Elijah. It was just going to be the family – they had sort of adopted Elijah, seeing as he didn’t have anyone.

“Alex, let’s go!” Lilly boomed, trying to juggle everything to the car.

By the time she got the Elijah’s apartment, a place she had visited many times before, her excitement had doubled, if at all possible.

She knocked on the door continuously, until finally a grumpy-looking, flustered Elijah answered. He glared at her but he grinned suddenly as he looked her over.

She was wearing a party hat, and had a party blower in her mouth. A huge box beside her, birthday bags, and one of them had a badge pinned on which said: birthday boy!

Elijah chuckled: “You’re amazing…” he announced, and Lilly giggled, muffled and blew the party blower.

Elijah winced at the noise but helped her in. “Happy birthday baby!” Lilly announced, as she dragged the box in. Elijah eyed it suspiciously.

“You’re not going to kill me with that right?” he teased, and Lilly put it down with a huff, putting her hands on her hips and glaring at him.

“Don’t be ungrateful, and give me a kiss.” She demanded. Elijah chuckled, but mumbled an apology as he kissed her ‘hello’.

Lilly blushed as they parted: “Happy birthday…” she said again, softly. Elijah grinned widely.

“Thanks, beans.” He whispered, and hugged her tightly. They sat on his bed, Elijah’s presents around him. Lilly forced the hat on him and she sat cross-legged beside him, as he opened his first little presents.

“I love it, Lil – thanks.” He said, as he held the beanie hat and shirt in his hands. Lilly grinned proudly, and kissed him quickly.

“Those are just little things, open the big one!” she begged, causing him to laugh softly.

“You didn’t need to spend all this money on me – I’m not worth it.” Elijah insisted, feeling guilty about how much effort and money Lilly had done for him.

His girlfriend rolled her eyes and grinned: “I wanted too because you are worth it, you douche.” Lilly giggled, and Elijah smiled. He lifted the heavy item, and ripped the paper apart. He got nervous as he opened the box and pulled the object out.

It was case – guitar case.

“You didn’t…” Elijah gasped, realising what his girl had done for him. Lilly shrugged and as he pulled the box away entirely, throwing it across the room. He unclipped the case eagerly, and there it shone: his brand new spanking guitar.

“You freakin’ didn’t!” he yelled happily, and Lilly felt her heart pace wildly. The look on his face so worth it. All of it was worthy of Elijah Redding.

“I’m glad you like it…” Lilly mused, as Elijah picked it up and strummed it, and the beautiful sound vibrated and echoed in the room. He felt the fret and the strings, stroking the instrument lovingly.

“I can’t believe you did this! This cost a fortune, Lilly!” Elijah spluttered, and he put the guitar back in the case. Lilly grinned, her cheeks aching from the action.

“You mean a lot to me, you know that don’t you?” Lilly asked him, and Elijah looked at her – really looked at her. His deep brown eyes searching her blue orbs, his heart thumping with anxiety, and a wild emotion overtook him.

He kissed her so hard, so long and so passionately – it would take ages for Lilly to come back to earth. The guitar was moved, and soon they were making out heatedly.

“Jesus Christ, I-” Elijah gasped, as he kissed her over and over again. Lilly giggled. Elijah wasn’t laughing though, as he took hold of her face and kissed her again.

“I-” he tried to start again, but couldn’t seem to stop kissing her. Their lips swollen, panting breaths, and hormones were creeping up on them.

“I love you Lilly, thank you…thank you, thank you, thank you.” Elijah blurted out, his voice whispered as he chanted over and over again of how grateful he was, how much he loved her.

Lilly couldn’t believe it. “You love me?” she whispered in his ear, as he kissed her neck, trailing the kisses up and down. Elijah pulled away, slowing down and sat up slightly, as Lilly was straddling his waist.

“I do Lilly.” He confirmed, and for a moment, he looked terrified. Lilly’s eyes softened and she smiled softly.

“I love you, Elijah Redding.” She told him firmly. Elijah smiled softly. Nobody had said that to him before, well apart from his Mom but he wasn’t even sure if that counted.

No, this time it was real – it was the deep shit that every book, movie, song and person talked about.

The deep shit Elijah had been terrified of ever since he first met Lilly Edwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, school plus two jobs, plus...well family shit.

Anyways, thank you to those who commented, you're pretty awesome :)
Need a story to be read? Ask me!