Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now.

They stayed in Georgia for four days and within those four days – Lilly had achieved the old impossible.

Elijah and Sarah reconciled – well kind of.

It was better than he first arrived, they talked, and yelled stuff out. Sarah invited him back for the summer, for a couple of weeks, Elijah reluctantly accepted.

He was civil to Paul and actually came attached to Sophia. When they were on the flight home, Lilly was falling asleep against the window.

“Come here…” he coaxed, and tugged her, and she leaned against him, her head on his shoulder. She breathed out softly, drifting into slumber.

“I love you, beans.” He whispered.
--

In April, Lilly and Elijah were sharing a bed again – it wasn’t a rare occurrence.

“Get your freaking icicle feet off me!” Elijah squirmed, groaning into his pillow as Lilly’s icy-feet brushed his leg.

He could hear her giggling, and he scrunched his eyes closed tighter.

She did it again.

“Lilly – I’m serious, fuck off.” He mumbled grumpily, and Lilly just giggled again.

When she did it for the fourth time, Elijah turned around quickly and opened his eyes.

She had the duvet buried up to her nose, her blonde hair slightly messed up from their morning activity, and she was giggling – she looked adorable.

“Mr Sour-Puss…” Lilly commented, and Elijah glared, forgetting how attractive she looked.
They stayed silent, just staring at one another - Lilly moved a bit closer, and Elijah immediately, under the covers, stroked her skin.

“You’re feet are like ice blocks.” Elijah told her, and Lilly grinned.

“I’m cold, cuddle me….” She whined, and Elijah did – resentfully.

“What you want to do today?” Lilly asked quietly, as she traced shapes on his chest. He glanced down at her, and put his head back on top of hers.

“I want to stay here, all day.” He replied simply.

So that’s what they did. Lilly never thought she could love a type of day better.
--

“I want to quit my job!” Lilly snapped, as she came out of the supermarket entrance, and walked to Elijah’s car where he had agreed to pick her up.

“What’s happened?” Elijah asked, standing up straight from sitting on the bonnet of his car.

“Some kid puked all over this aisle and I wasn’t anywhere near it but Bobby made me clear it up! And they’ve docked my pay because apparently I took too long to do it!” Lilly seethed, and Elijah frowned at her words.

“That’s unfair…” he began to say, but Lilly was on a roll.

“It’s fucking ridiculous, I’m sick of being treated like shit all the time!” Lilly snapped, and got in the car and broke Elijah’s car rule – she slammed the door.

“Hey!” Elijah shouted, and got into his side. “Don’t –” he started.

“Shut up Eli, drive me home.” Lilly interjected. Elijah glared, rolled his eyes and started the engine.

“Bitch…” he muttered, and Lilly didn’t say a word. When she got outside of her home, she looked up her house dauntingly.

“I’m useless at everything.” She whispered, and suddenly began to cry silently. Elijah froze, and turned the car engine off. He wasn’t built for this – emotional support.

“Lilly…” he tried to soothed, grabbing her hand. She yanked it away and got out the car. Elijah sighed, and slowly followed after.
She didn’t look back as she entered the house, but left the door open so Elijah took a leap and went in, calling ‘hello’ to the family as he followed Lilly upstairs, well she stormed, he followed.

“Lilly!” he called, but he got the response of her door slamming.

He opened it slowly and looked it as she stripping from her work clothes, and searching for some other clothes. Usually, Elijah would take advantage of an almost-naked Lilly, but he thought better of it this time.

“I know you’ve had a bad day…” he began, but Lilly spun around and glared daggers. She yanked a t-shirt over her head, and pulled some shorts on roughly.

“A bad day? I’ve had the worst fucking day of my life.” Lilly snapped viciously. Elijah looked at her, unamused.

“You’ve over-dramatizing this now; you had a bad day at work so you take your shit out on me? What the hell you want me to do, Lilly?” Elijah growled angrily.

Lilly scoffed: “I love how when it’s my problems, I’m ‘over-dramatizing’ – if you’re going to be a dick, then leave.”

“Fuck you.” Elijah snapped, and yanked her bedroom door open, jogging downstairs. He ignored
Jude’s beckoning for him, and Marley’s worried expression.

He got in his car, and sped off – cursing the day he met Lilly Edwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just want to show the conflicts in relationships - trying to make it realistic.

Anyone want a double post?