Status: finito.

Fight the Force

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind. I'll do it all for you in time.

It was hours before he calmed down, and when he had, he dialled her number, only to delete it before actually pressing ‘call’.

The following day, Lilly got dropped off at his with a guilty expression.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly, and hugged him instantly.

Unable to stay mad at her for too long, Elijah hugged her back, and kissed her neck softly.

“Me too.” He mumbled. They hugged for a while, and when they settled inside of Elijah’s apartment, he finally asked:

“So you going to quit?” Elijah asked, and Lilly shook her head.

“I was advised not to.” She responded cryptically. Elijah raised an eyebrow.

“Your Dad?” he guessed, and Lilly shook her head.

“My stars, changing of professions is bad for me right now, I need to stick it out longer to get my just rewards.” Lilly said simply.

For some reason, the answer infuriated Elijah: “You’re taking job advice from the fucking stars?” he snapped, and Lilly stared at him, unblinking and nodded.

“That’s a load of bullshit! Lilly! Your job isn’t even a profession, you work at a goddamn store!” Elijah blew up, his face almost purple with anger.

Lilly narrowed her eyes at him: “What? Like bartending is the way forward?” She snapped sarcastically. The words struck him and Elijah saw white rage.

“You’re ridiculous! Your whole beliefs in spiritual and cosmic forces are bullshit, Lilly.” Elijah fumed and Lilly glared harder.

“Don’t you dare bitch on my beliefs? I can believe what I want!” she screamed furiously.

“You’re fucking obsessed, you have to check every day, you ask them advice, you ask them fucking everything! But guess what, Lilly –” he screamed.

“They’re never going to answer! You know why? Because they’re just fucking bullshit stars!” he boomed.

Lilly started to cry, hysterically crying as he shouted at her.

“You asshole!” she croaked, as she sobbed and sobbed.

Elijah didn’t let up, or soften – he continued to rage: “You try to push this shit in everyone’s faces, including me and you can’t accept that it’s all lies.” Elijah continued to yell in her face.

“I never meant to push Elijah, I just want you to believe!” she screamed, crying.

“Why does it matter so much to you, Lilly?” He demanded, he wanted to punch something, himself mostly.

“I need to know you have faith, Elijah! I need to know you can believe!” She shouted back.

“Why does it fucking matter?” he kept yelling and yelling, Lilly covered her ears.

“This isn’t working!” she suddenly screamed, and like a switch.

It all stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought about it...realised, now is a good place to stop.
:)