Status: finito.

Fight the Force

I'll pick you up when you get down.

Driving her new car (finally getting a driver’s license) that New Year, with the CD he had done for her playing, Lilly had a small smile on her face. She missed him so much.

She parked at the supermarket she used to work at, ready to get the errands Marley had sent her out for. She roamed the aisles, daydreaming.

“Excuse me, do you know where the cider is?” The words struck her, making her freeze. She closed the fridge door, and spun around quickly.

Those words, this place – it just had to be, didn’t it?

She knew Fate wouldn’t fail her.

His hair had grown out, and he had a nice tan. He looked tired though, and he had a sad smile on his face. But just the appearance, the presence of him was enough.

Enough for her heart the hammer against her chest, and her eyes to prick with tears of joy.

“Aisle 13” she said quietly. He stepped closer to her, and nodded at her. He took hold of the trolley and began to slowly push it, he gave her a look of hope.

Lilly followed alongside him, quickly wiping her tears. Elijah smiled softly at her, and moved over, allowing her to push the trolley too.

They walked in synch, footsteps matching. It was like they both understood that nothing needed to be said of why he disappeared, and why she never called.

No apologies, no arguments.

“How’ve you been?” he asked quietly as the sounds of the store surrounded them. Lilly shrugged indifferently.

“Been better.” She admitted shyly, and it made Elijah smile. Their pinkies were almost touching on the trolley handle.

“I had a shit summer.” Elijah said, and Lilly nodded, smiling slightly. The awkward air between them just made them both smile.

“Mine wasn’t so great either.” She murmured, glancing at him, biting her lip nervously.
Awkward smiles again, and then Elijah linked her hand into his.

This wasn’t chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end :)

Thanks so much for all the support - you're all incredible no matter what anybody says.

Much love <3