Status: finito.

Fight the Force

There's one thing on my mind, it's all for you.

That following day, Lilly had work from 10am till 4pm, and to be frank it was awful The Christmas CD was playing up, and jumping every now and end. Lilly now had “Fr-Fr-Frosty the Snowman” stuck in her head, with some of remix twist.

When she drove home, swerving plenty of times as cars refused to accept her existence on the road.
She got ready for her evening out with her brother, practical sister-in-law and their friends. She knew she’d most likely be bored but she couldn’t disappoint Alex.

Thomas had said he’d babysit, and was pleased to hear his youngest child was going out for once.

“My Horoscope says I should stay indoors…” Lilly began, as Marley swirled in the room, her 50’s styled polka dot skirt flaring at her knees. Marley was beautiful, she had a 50’s/Rock look about her, with tattoos up and down her arms, short auburn hair, which she spiked up at the back, and often wore bright red lipstick. She had gorgeous brown eyes too – which Jude had.

“Bullshit Lilly…put your dress on.” Marley said simply, glancing at the vintage styled laced dress, going down to Lilly’s knees.

Sighing heavily, Lilly got dressed and did her makeup and allowed Marley to curl the ends of her hair lightly. She needed to cut her hair soon.

“Girls, I haven’t got all night.” Alex boomed, but was immediately shushed by Marley as Jude had just been tucked in.

“Sorry!” Alex shout-whispered afterwards. Lilly giggled, and quickly skipped downstairs barefooted – only to remember when she got to the bottom of the stairs, that she forgot her shoes. She scrambled back up, almost sliding on the wooden flooring into the bathroom.

She grabbed her plain beige flats and hopped downstairs. She grabbed her coat from her father’s hands, kissed his cheek and ran out to Alex’s car – where Alex and Marley were already in.

The bar was busy when they arrived, music played and the whole ambiance was there. People were chatting, drinking and generally having a good time.

“Smile Lil…” Alex mumbled, before they reached the table. Lilly huffed, but did anyways.

“Sam!” Alex greeted happily, and they did a man-shake thing like Elijah and him had done before. It was universal male gesture apparently.

“Alex…and Marls, you look great!” Samuel Kingston was a flirtatious monster. He winked at Alex’s girlfriend, at this point Alex put his arm around his loved one’s waist.

Lilly smiled meekly, as Samuel Kingston’s beady eyes came to her: “Fucking hell – it’s Lilly Edwards…” he murmured, looking her up and down hungrily. Lilly shrunk and Alex immediately regretted bringing her.

“Hi” she squeaked, and it caused hysteria to Samuel.

“Meet my cousin, Toby…” he drawled, patting the shoulder roughly of a rather plain looking boy. In some essence, he had an attractive trait – blonde hair, brown eyes, and a fairly nice smile. But he looked so timid and shy.

“Hello Toby…” Lilly greeted, and Toby grinned, and waved awkwardly – his whole posture screamed it.

“Nice to meet you, Lilly.” He said, and seconds later they were sitting together, shoved from the older adults as they sucked into conversation about their high school years – which were only 7 years ago.
Lilly rolled her eyes and tried to refrain from yawning as Toby spoke to her – talking about his degree he was doing – Marine Biology.

Lilly didn’t care for sea mammals highly.

“So this huge seal just pukes on me right…” Toby believed himself funny. Lilly nodded in faux-eagerness, and glanced at her empty wine glass. She already had too and felt she needed another before she could fake another hour of interest.

“How funny!” Lilly giggled, and touched his arm lightly. “Just excuse me…I’m going to get a drink.” She said quickly, and got up and left before Toby could ask for one too or even worse – offer to come with her.

She dodge through the crowds, watching her feet and cursing the moment she agreed to come out.
She could quite happily be watched old episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and painting her nails a different colour. She wanted to read her Tarot book too.
As Lilly thought of this way better interesting things than Toby “seal-puke target” Greggs.

She slid into a stool and waited for somebody to come take her order. She tapped her nails on the marble counter, staring at her own reflecting – completely spaced out.

“What can I get you, beans?” A familiar, husky voice of Elijah Redding said. Startled, Lilly looked up and her mouth gaped open.

This wasn’t possible that they should meet three times in two weeks. First the store, then the gym – now this: it was… fate.

The thought made her smile quickly, as Elijah smirked at her: “Cat got your tongue?” he teased, and Lilly scoffed.

“A Malibu and coke please…” she ordered, and Elijah raised an eyebrow, chuckled to himself – then prepared the drink.

“Want ice?” he called, and Lilly nodded. He pottered about, contently and then told her the cost. She fished out her knitted purse, making Elijah chuckle to himself once more – and handed him the exact change.

Lilly sipped it and smiled at the pleasant taste. “Didn’t know you worked here.” She commented, and only realised how silly it sounded afterwards. Her brain did that to her.

“We are strangers, beans. I don’t know you – you don’t know me.” Elijah said simply, as he dried some glasses. Lilly smiled into her glass, as she took another generous gulp. She needed the alcohol to go back to that table. Lilly took a quick opportunity to examine him.

He was extremely handsome; he was so tall and strong-looking, smartly dressed in a plain black shirt, and black slacks. His top button done up, and you could just see his stretcher from the angle she was sitting. His hair was messy- yet seemed appropriate for work and this smile about him.

“Checking me out?” Elijah teased, and Lilly blushed. “No…” she mumbled, feeling embarrassed by her obvious staring. Elijah laughed to himself, as he put the glasses away.

“Don’t worry…” he said, as he disappeared behind the counter, his voice echoing from his head being inside the cabinet.

“I checked you out at the gym….nice tattoo by the way.” Elijah said casually, as if what he said was a question about the weather.
Lilly at this moment in time was drinking – and began to choke, and cough nosily causing people to turn and stare. Elijah popped back up, a plain smirk on his face. His eyes twinkling with mischief.

“You what?” she rasped out, and Elijah grinned widely.

“The infinity sign on your wrist…” Elijah nodded to her right wrist, where indeed to black outline was. She had got it last year, and it was her first and only tattoo she wanted. To her, Infinity gave her choices, gave her faith and hope.

“You check someone out by their wrists?” Lilly asked confused, and Elijah laughed again. Everything she did and said was apparently funny.

“Well no, I did look at your ass three or four times when helping you on that medic table.” Elijah said simply, and Lilly’s eyes widened.

“You ass!” she squeaked, and Elijah grinned.

“You have a very nice ass, Lilly.” He complimented, and the way he said, despite its bluntness – it was in fact very charming.

Lilly sighed, and took another large gulp: “Another?” he asked, noticing it was almost empty. Lilly glanced back, Toby was on his phone – looking bored. She turned back to Elijah and nodded eagerly.

“On a date?” Elijah asked, nodding his head in Toby’s direction. Lilly shuddered at the thought.
Toby would take her to Sea-World.

“God no!” She said a bit too loudly, and covered her mouth. Elijah smirked, as he conducted her drink once more.

“Boring fucker then?” Elijah guessed, and Lilly giggled - making Elijah smirk once more.

He passed her drink over, and Lilly took another generous sip.

“Oi mate, stop flirting with your girlfriend! I want a drink!” somebody boomed from the other of the bar. Elijah rolled his eyes, and glanced at Lilly, who looked rather pitiful.

“I’ll see you around?” Elijah said unsure, it was doubtful.

Lilly glanced up at him, and smiled a beautiful smile: “We’ll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Got a few chapters prewritten - may be longer than first expected.