Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that is raging on now.

As an extra gift – Marley took Lilly to go see a tarot card reader. Lilly already had her own pack, but was failing to have the knack for it, just yet.

“I’m so excited!” Lilly squealed that Thursday Evening.
Marley rolled her eyes, as she fluffed up her fringe as they walked down the street.

“I don’t understand why you believe in this stuff so much.” Marley commented, she sounded curious. Lilly’s demeanour faded slightly, and her skipping went to a walk.

“You know how Alex and I lost our Mom when I was born? To do with the birth and stuff?” Lilly said, suddenly serious.

Marley was shocked. Lilly was hardly ever this serious.

Marley nodded, she reached over and grabbed Lilly’s hand, interlacing their fingers.

Lilly squeezed her hand and sighed: “When Dad explained to me how Mom died, I blamed myself. I started crying and begging my Dad to take me back so Mom could live again…” Lilly’s voice was quiet and sad.

“Oh Lil…” Marley whispered the wind blew against them, causing goose pimples to come up Lilly’s ivory skin.

“My Dad said that my Mom believed in fate and karma – you know all the stuff I believe in?” Lilly said, and Marley nodded, smiling softly at her.

“I got Dad to tell me all about it and in a way, it reminds me of my Mom. I don’t remember her at all but I can imagine her, you know?” Lilly murmured, Marley nodded.

Marley couldn’t say much in return, and Lilly was grateful for it.

The psychic told her: “Your family is close to you, you feel bounded to them yet you wish to fly free. You are unhappy with your work, and you wish to have ambitions for better things. Your loved one supports you vigorously throughout this change. You feel content however, and are free-spirited. You have an open-mind and you let decisions decide themselves. This is a dangerous tactic at times, and it is best to do what is best instead of what is expected. You must take risks because you wish to not because you believe it should happen the way it has.”

When they left – Lilly told Marley not to mention it at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has anyone met a psychic?